• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Sleeve Op

Just had the results of my latest blood tests and My B12 is lower than a low thing so I've just started my course of Jabs 3 a week for 2 weeks and then once every 3 months. Also got to have more bloods taken just to keep an eye on things.
It seems to be fairly common on here to have the B12 jab so there's another milestone ticked off :)

BrianT said:
Just had the results of my latest blood tests and My B12 is lower than a low thing so I've just started my course of Jabs 3 a week for 2 weeks and then once every 3 months. Also got to have more bloods taken just to keep an eye on things.
It seems to be fairly common on here to have the B12 jab so there's another milestone ticked off :)

Blimey, I take a B12 every day, I hope it stays ok, I hate jabs lol xxx

from me phone :D

Problem is caren we can absorb it as well as we could pre op. seems to be the case for both bypass and sleeve

I have had the b12 regularly since op it doesn't hurt and i'm a softy, some say it burns but it doesn't. So don't panic caren its a doddle xx

I take the multivits every day but as the GP said today if your stomach isn't absorbing the B12 then you can take tablets all day long and it won't make any difference.

Well 9 months have now passed and I'm now 1 pound below 19 stone and happier than a dog with two xxxxx as my dad would say :) (not sure I ever really understood that)
Weight loss is variable at the moment with some weeks ½ pound and others as much as 3 although it tends to be at the lower end. Still it's heading in the right direction and that's all that matters.
The B12 jabs are nothing to worry about it's more of a pain trying to get an appointment to have them done than it is to have the jab!
When I think that at My sons wedding in the June of 2009 I was just under 29 stone and had to have a suit made that cost me £800 and I've not worn it since! I'm now looking at suits again only this time they're in the like of M&S :)
So on the 1 year anniversary of my Surgery the suit is coming out of the wardrobe and I will put it on for 1 last time (pics to follow) before deciding what best to do with it. Any suggestions or even a bloody good tailor who can alter it will be more than welcome.

So 10 months gone now and I've hit a stall and I've even put on 1.5 pound over the last 3 weeks. I know it's not a lot but it's in the wrong direction.
My liking for food has come back which is good in some respects and bad in others, and my ability to eat more has grown, It's almost as if I prefer to feel full rather than just satisfied.
So this month is get back on track month.
I guess the hard work is about to start

Brian I am almost 8 months out (will be tomorrow) and am 10st 1.9 this morning. Was 10st 1.0 a week or so ago, then last week it went up to 10st 3 but people said it was water retention due to the heat. I have also hit a stall..have been hovering in the low 10s for a month now and desperately want to be in the mid 9s and then I'll call GOAL! :)

This really is a great post, thank you for the insight :)

11 Months gone and I've lost 3.5 lb this month.(was doing that a week in the beginning!). So it's about time I picked up the exercise, there's an exercise bike in the house that I walk past every morning and I think now's about the time I ought to stop walking past it :)
Coccyx pain has all but gone now and what there is is hardly noticeable so if it comes to you don't fret it does go away.
Nothing else to report other than next month will be my 1 year surgiversary and so a pic or two might be in order. I'll also make that the last post in this diary as it's got to the stage where there's almost nothing to report any more and you lot must all be bored stupid reading it. so until then....where's my bicycle clips?

Hi Brian, Thanks for the fab insight. I'm from Thornton Heath originally, but now exist in Bedfordshire lol. Small world. I too am going in to Kings College under Mr Patel. I was wondering what would happen and your post has really given me a cracking insight in to what to expect. You have done so well.

Hi Icognito, thanks for the comments. I have a major aversion to Mayday hospital which I'm sure you know only too well and so it was a refreshing change to go to Kings and see how a hospital should be run. With caring pleasant staff who only have your best interests at heart.
Glad the diary has been of help, I would say that if you have a greater will power than me and you stick rigidly to the diet then you will almost certainly do better than I have, and I don't think I've done that bad although I have indulged on occasions :(
Your surgery is 1 day before my 1st surgiversary so I'll be thinking of you.
You might want to change your height in the personal details pane on the left as it says you are 14 foot 3 inches tall. Now that's hardly incognito is it, and for that height you're probably underweight :8855:

All the best for the 22nd and I'll be looking out for your diary.

Coccyx pain has all but gone now and what there is is hardly noticeable so if it comes to you don't fret it does go away.

That's good to know, Brian, thanks.

Nothing else to report other than next month will be my 1 year surgiversary and so a pic or two might be in order. I'll also make that the last post in this diary as it's got to the stage where there's almost nothing to report any more and you lot must all be bored stupid reading it.

Pics would be good but don't you give up posting on here please Brian.;)

It doesn't have to be weekly - perhaps once a month or so or when there is something significant to report ..... mainly like, when you get to goal (!!!).

According to your stats on the left (and forgive me if they are out of date) it suggests you still have 60 lbs left to go to get to goal ..... so come back here young man and keep reporting how it goes getting rid of the remaining 40 / 50 / 60 lbs -- we are not letting you off the hook !!! :D :D :D

Lmao yeah changed the height. No idea what mayday is like anymore. Been up here 13 years now. I do get home sick but hear it's not like it used to be. Thanks for the best wishes starting to get nervous now.

Good to hear from you, Brian.....can't believe it's nearing your 1st Surgiversary !
That was the time I had my first appointment with the Bariatric team and started my route to the new me.....how time flys when you are not waiting for the Sleeve Op !!

That's good to know, Brian, thanks.

Pics would be good but don't you give up posting on here please Brian.;)

It doesn't have to be weekly - perhaps once a month or so or when there is something significant to report ..... mainly like, when you get to goal (!!!).

According to your stats on the left (and forgive me if they are out of date) it suggests you still have 60 lbs left to go to get to goal ..... so come back here young man and keep reporting how it goes getting rid of the remaining 40 / 50 / 60 lbs -- we are not letting you off the hook !!! :D :D :D

Thanks Sharon, I honestly didn't think anybody was reading it any more. why does 60lb seem so far away when I've just lost 8 stone in 11 months!

Lmao yeah changed the height. No idea what mayday is like anymore. Been up here 13 years now. I do get home sick but hear it's not like it used to be. Thanks for the best wishes starting to get nervous now.

I won't tell you what it's called these days but if they did WLS I would have preferred to stay fat!

We all get nervous just before, but don't fret you are in good hands at Kings. juts think of all the things you are going to be able to do again once the weight comes off, and you do notice the change even within a few weeks the difference really is that good.

Good to hear from you, Brian.....can't believe it's nearing your 1st Surgiversary !
That was the time I had my first appointment with the Bariatric team and started my route to the new me.....how time flys when you are not waiting for the Sleeve Op !!

I know I still find it hard to believe nearly a year has gone by, but you're right the year before dragged by so slowly.

Back