• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Sleeve Op

Time flies hey Brian....I remember watching your posts as I was in the excitement/whirlwind of doing the milk diet ready for my op....so it can only mean another week and I'll be at 6months too....not managed 6 stone but to date 5st 4lb which in my book isn't bad going for a bander....I need a sickness bug!! Lol well done you :)

Hey Jo (there's a Hendrix song in there somewhere) thanks for that. I remember your posts also and yes time does fly!
I'm impressed with your loss as I was convinced that sort of loss with a band wasn't possible. (guess that's why I'm not a surgeon)
the week I had the virus I lost 8.5 pound but then I put on 4 ounces the following week and then lost it again the week after so over the 3 weeks it averaged out ok.

7 months have passed and I'm another 11 pound down this month so all is good and still on track. I've still got the pain in the backside.....(but she's good to the kids) :bolt:
Seriously though the Coccyx pain can be really uncomfortable and at the moment there doesn't seem to be any let up to it.
On the good side my Jeans have gone from a 58" waist to 44" now and I've just ordered a pair of 42's and my shirts are down from 5x to 2x so at the moment my wardrobe thinks it is it's birthday every month!
Not much else to add this month other than welcome to all those that have joined and keep heading down to all those on the Bench :)

SYNM

You've added to my motivation, thank you!

BrianT said:
7 months have passed and I'm another 11 pound down this month so all is good and still on track. I've still got the pain in the backside.....(but she's good to the kids) :bolt:
Seriously though the Coccyx pain can be really uncomfortable and at the moment there doesn't seem to be any let up to it.
On the good side my Jeans have gone from a 58" waist to 44" now and I've just ordered a pair of 42's and my shirts are down from 5x to 2x so at the moment my wardrobe thinks it is it's birthday every month!
Not much else to add this month other than welcome to all those that have joined and keep heading down to all those on the Bench :)

SYNM

well done Brian but OMG I hear you re the coccyx pain....it's awful! I'd never expected to be such a pain in the arse :D I can't sit for more than 10 mins these days

Hi guys. Big congrats on all the losses! Inspirational!
I am too considering a sleeve and am slightly worried now hearing of this coccyx pain, as have to spend a lot of time driving and sitting.

Can you tell me a bit more about it?

Thanks

X

Hi guys. Big congrats on all the losses! Inspirational!
I am too considering a sleeve and am slightly worried now hearing of this coccyx pain, as have to spend a lot of time driving and sitting.

Can you tell me a bit more about it?

Thanks

X

It really is quite literally just a pain in the arse!
it's not constant but it is annoying, and not everybody gets it. I would rather have the discomfort of the pain than go back to being overweight, miserable and at risk of heart attack any day.
Depending on who you talk to the pain comes about as a result of the coccyx being padded by all the excess fat for many years. when you get the rapid weightloss that we have as a result of the surgery then your coccyx becomes tender as it starts to take the weight of you sitting on it. The pain does go in time but at the moment mine is still there. I spend most of the day sitting and I manage just fine. I don't have any problems with driving either (unless you ask the wife) but it really isn't anything that should put you off of having the surgery though.

I'm sleeved and have never had any problem with my coccyx. So don't dwell on this issue, I've not personally heard any sleevers besides Brian have it either!

you can buy coccyx cushions too, they're about £25

I'm sleeved and have never had any problem with my coccyx. So don't dwell on this issue, I've not personally heard any sleevers besides Brian have it either!

Agreed there is nothing that Clar01 should dwell on but this isn't just a sleeve issue Bypassers get it as well as banders as I said it's to do with rapid weight loss however that's achieved, and not everybody get's it so I guess you've just been lucky. Run a search for Coccyx pain on here and you'll find plenty of people that do have the issue though.

you can buy coccyx cushions too, they're about £25

Thanks for that, Caren. Just looked them up on ebay at various prices higher and lower than that.

This is one thing I am already getting warning signs that is going to be one of my "rewards" for weight loss.

Whilst I have been busy jumping up and down on the scales for the past few days and trying (and failing) to get them to show 19.13 (ha ha -- next week) ....... I did notice that the only place I can feel any weight loss so far is my bum (!) and my derriere was never that big in the first place ..... what a stupid place for the pounds to shift from -- I want them off my belly !!!!!

I also do get the beginnings of a few twinges if I have been sitting for quite a long time, so forewarned is fore-armed as they say, with this post op experience knowledge from Brian, and the info about the cushions from you !!

BrianT said:
It really is quite literally just a pain in the arse!
it's not constant but it is annoying, and not everybody gets it. I would rather have the discomfort of the pain than go back to being overweight, miserable and at risk of heart attack any day.
Depending on who you talk to the pain comes about as a result of the coccyx being padded by all the excess fat for many years. when you get the rapid weightloss that we have as a result of the surgery then your coccyx becomes tender as it starts to take the weight of you sitting on it. The pain does go in time but at the moment mine is still there. I spend most of the day sitting and I manage just fine. I don't have any problems with driving either (unless you ask the wife) but it really isn't anything that should put you off of having the surgery though.

Well done weight loss , I am 12 weeks post op and lost 60lbs I also having pain coccyx pain can't sit for long periods ,

Well done weight loss , I am 12 weeks post op and lost 60lbs I also having pain coccyx pain can't sit for long periods ,

Well done you with the weight loss also :)
The coccyx pain is a weird one though as sometimes I can find a really comfortable position to sit in and then find it only hurts when I go to get up!

Well done you with the weight loss also :)
The coccyx pain is a weird one though as sometimes I can find a really comfortable position to sit in and then find it only hurts when I go to get up!

Hmm sounds so familiar! Although Other days I find I can't sit for more than 5 minutes.

OK so here we are at 8th month post op and it's not been a great month for weight loss, just under 5 pound lost in the month. it's still going in the right direction but it has made me think about what I'm eating.
On reflection this month I have started to eat more of the things that I know I shouldn't and so a concerted effort is needed this month to make sure I don't get back into my old ways.
It's almost as if I want to feel full all the time rather than stopping when I've eaten sufficient. which I was doing easily in the earlier months.
Not going to let it get me down though I'm down below 20 stone for the first time in probably 20 years and physically feeling much better, just a little peed off that 1 week ago I was 1 pound away from hitting the century club and I'm still 1 pound away!!!!!
So not a major issue just a blip on the calender here's to getting into the 18's. :)

ps Coccyx is still a PITA :(

Back