• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Near death experience . . .

hsmel

My daughter decided today was the day I should get back on a horse again. I used to ride a competitively so the actual riding itself is not an issue - but what she does not realise is I am now older (over 50!) and therefore probably quite likely to break if I fall off!:D

Anyway I promised when I got to 13 stone 7 I would have a go - so upheld my promise and went for a ride today.

The horse, Rambo, is a 17 yr old who we have had for years and should know better . . but when confronted with a minature goat jumping off a pallet in a field next to where I was riding decided to test my riding skills to the limit. He did a beautiful ariel display on his back legs, followed this by several huge leaps over imaginary fences then tried to p*** off with me!

It is true that you never forget . . and I was well chuffed with myself that I stayed on. What I did not realise though is that my legs would then turn to jelly as my muscles certainly arent used to it :8855:

I came home like a strawberry blancmange . . very wobbly and quite pink!!

I knew as soon as I saw the heading what this was gonna say.:rolleyes:

Well done you Mrs Blancmange dont go near the goat next time. xxxxxx

Haha Mel... 'jelly baby' comes to mind... haha... just glad you are safe precious! Did anyone manage to have a camcorder handy?

Love and hugs xxx

OMG! Arent you brave! Its a good job you are such a good rider :D Id have ended up in a broken mess probably on top of the goat lol....Hope you have stopped body popping now ;) XX

Come home for a hot bath and a drink! (although I fear tea will have to do . . . )

I am thinking that if daughter wishes me to do this on a more regular basis I may need some good life insurance. Certainly wont be going down the bridlepath next to any minature goats either!!

I do have a photo of me on Rambo I will try and put it up. Wish someone did have a camera I would have definitely earned some money off 'youve been framed!!'

Yes my jelly legs are slightly less wibbley!!:sigh::D

youre braver than me, i am scared of horses :eek: Youll need to get back to it now youre loosing all this weight! well done for riding it out (see what i did there :p) x

Don't know about body popping, body pooping would've been more my style! :D Wow! What a brave lady you are!
I'm so glad you're ok. Stupid goat!
Grace xxx

Believe me I nearly did end up in a big snotty heap . . it was only the thought that he is blooming huge and it was too far to fall that kept me on!! If I had fallen off no doubt something would have probably broken (me!). So clinging on through the antics was decidedly the best option.

Think the people who own the goats (new to the area) have put them there deliberately as they dont like people using the bridle path . . but a bit naughty seeing as I have previously ridden that route for over 30 years without such a mishap. Would have to be the first time I ride for ages! Hey ho. and dotty I nearly did body pooping too!!!

Have added photos on my page of me and Rambo and also new hair cut! Thanks Angie by the way for the hair inspiration - doesnt look quite like yours but I sort of copied your style. xx

Oh wow! I love your new do! It really suits you and you look younger :D and what a handsome fellow Rambo is, no wonder you hung on for dear life hes b l**dy massive :eek: XX

:eat:I am thinking goat curry?????:sign0151:

PMSL, I dont blame you! Thats the only good thing that could have happened if you had fell off....youd have squished the booger ;) XX

sounds like you had a good ride, despite the wobbles

Back