• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need to stop smoking

lady s

Just joined from co durham been to semanar going to see doctor in July had to lose 5 kg hopefully done that had to stop smoking having trouble with that stoped smoking first put weight on so started smoking again lost 5 kg stoped smoking again put weight on again need to do both at same time anyone have any ideas truer patches and tablets

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I can't help much. I stopped cold turkey. I'm a great believer that you can't and won't make two life changes ,and stick to them, at the same time. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi. Sorry, but I was a cold turkey quitter too. Cutting down didn't work for me, it had to be all or nothing.

But this was many years ago, not to do with the op.
I really hope things work out for you xx

cold turkey quitter here too, although I don't agree with th sentiment above that you can't and won't make two life changes together. You will and can if you truly want or need something bad enough!

I am about to have surgery and have been a 20 a day smoker for 30 years, \i took up vaping/electronic cigs 3 or 4 months ago. Have to say it has worked for me, there is nicotime in them but you can alter the strength so have gradually cut down on the nicotine content, eventually will be on zero nicotine. If you are desperate give it a go.
I have put on some weight but broke my leg so couldn't really walk for a couple of months so that might be the reason for the weight gain I think

I switched to e-cig in October 2012 and since then have cut nicotine from 18mg to 3mg.
It has worked great for me. Just quit smoking (40 a day) at the moment I invested 120€ on an e-cig kit.
I even took my e-cig to hospital with me but never felt I needed it. Only took it up again 10 days post op (liquid diet and no nicotine was too much for me!).

Back