• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nerves

Hi EmDubs

Movement is slow but ok don't want to overdo it and pull anything I shouldn't. Have took the bull by the horns and straightened up, don't think I will be running a marathon this week lol.

Vix

Change that feel crap and going back to bed !!!! I got dressed and tried to cook my lunch bad idea ... I miss my bed their it is so big and comfy and calling me to sink into it ..... Heaven... Catch u all laters xxx

Hey Tink

Hope you managed to rest-up some more. I suppose your body let's you know fairly quickly how much you can do! Not being able to straighten up is a major concern for me when I have my TT because of lower back problems, so I'm keen to find out how long I might be stopped over for.

Get well soon honey.

Debs xx

Hi Debs

Wen I was on the ward they put pillows near my bum and laid me half sitting up half laying down if you know what I mean... Also depends if you have your muscles laced up as well... I did the first time round that took me a lot longer before I could move and straighten up I had drains in for nine days and a physio came to see me everyday to help me move about ... The bruising was horrendous, I had approx 6 weeks off work with my lower tt ... I also had an upper tummy tuck a year later that was painful but nothing like the lower more discomfort and bruising... This time it's more skin removal ( vertical ) has still pulled and painful as the incision goes from the centre of my breast down to my groin and in-between my hips again.

Some must do's

Drink plenty as this will get rid of the swelling

Move as soon as u are able as this helps drain any access fluid from the incisions

I believe you should take ur pain Meds so u don't over do it, wen ur body has had enough it will tell u as mine has today.

I wish u well debs xxx

Hope this helps

Vix

Day five,

Got out of bed a tad to quick this morning, body gave me a gentle reminder that yes I was sliced and diced five days ago now be sensible and take care of me.... On a plus point I still have loads of swelling but I have lost 2lbs from before I went in things are looking up :). Well today is another day I hope to be going back to work on Wednesday if I can handle it... I have a very sedentary job I sell greenhouses and it's not busy at the moment. Plus the guys in the office will keep an eye on me lol I'm the baby at 41 they are all in their 6O's great bunch of guys and can they tell u things about there past would make ya toes curl. Xxxx

Hi Vi

Thanks for all the advice, I will definitely take it on board. I've been visiting a pal in hospital this last few days and she had lower abdominal surgery. She said she was more uncomfortable from a numb bum that her wound, so knowing this is something which causes me trouble now, I went on e-bay and bought a ring to sit on! Only a few quid and if it helps even a little it will be a blessing.

I am planning to take arnica for at least three weeks before the op and after, which helps loads with bruising. I'm not having any muscle repair done but I realise it will hurt like hell for quite some time afterwards.

Hopefully you are not doing too much today and getting plenty of rest.

Take care and keep the updates coming!

Debs xx

Hi Debs

Have done a tad more today way hay I had a shower and a hair wash felt soooo good, mind you had to have a rest after it ... Lifting my leg over the bath was a feat in it's self ... Took it slow and steady and had a friend to help me. I tend to use v pillows rather than rings. If your not having ur muscles done u should recover and move a lot quicker. Saying that I have high pain threshold will tell u about that one another day as it may put u off. One other thing make sure everything u use in a day today basis is at waist height lol as I wanted a kitchen roll and my son had plonked them on top of the fridge freezer lol which is ok wen ur 6ft 4 and not 5ft nothing ..... He keeps trying to put my mug and plate in the cupboard as well I'm like noooo sorry I am on a rabbit again xxx

Was going to post a picture of the incision but couldn't get one without my breasts and lady garden showing as it is literally all the way up and down xxxx sorry xxxx

Hi Vi

Thanks again for that info. I hadn't even thought about being unable to reach things which are high up and all the important stuff in my kitchen is head height in cupboards! D'oh! Is it really the case that you're not supposed to even lift a kettle? Sod that! I cant go without a brew AND watch daytime telly!

Thanks for sparing me the pain story- having seen my pal suffering this week with a small tummy incision it scared me a fair bit.

Glad that you are doing ok and listening to your body hon.

Big (gentle!) hugs

Debs xx

I put enuff water in the kettle for one cup full and then tilt it on it's base to pout it out. the kettle Hoover saucepans (full) are a no noooo as is stretching or reaching to far as you can pull the internal stitches without realising. Getting out of bed lol roll on your side slowly move ur legs around towards the edge then place both hands to one side of your body and slowly lift up to an upright position and slowly stand up .... Hard to explain. Wen u cough hold a pillow over ur tummy and hold in place just helps.... Oh don't strain to do a number two either .... Xxxx

Great advice! Thank you so much. There is so much to think about and it really helps to hear from someone who has been there.

Debs xx

Day Six

I have a confession.... Yep i had to get the tape measure out .... Mind I am still swollen and 2 1/2 inches of my waist and hips lol and 2 inches from under my breasts wow whats it gonna be wen all the swelling as dissipated.

I'm up and about and feel near normal this morning ... Have an appointment with the gp and the nurse so busy times ahead. going to get my mum to drive me to the appointment and I shall walk back lol may takes me ages but I'm gonna do it ;-).

If I feel up to it I may make a curry for my dinner this evening if not will be a pre done turkey chilli I did before I went in for the op.

Had a look at my wounds... They seem to be dry and no sign of weeping they are tender but that is expected.... I have some lovely purple bruising all the way down my body poss why I have been hurting a tad lol.

As u can guess im in a pretty good mood ... And still smiling and to top the lot the sun is shining.

Have a good day and spk later xxxx Vix xxx

Wow! That's a lot of inches already, considering the swelling. You must be so chuffed!

Hope you get on ok at the docs and don't overdo it by walking back. keep smiling :)

Debs xx

Day six

Had a painful night must have dine to much walking yesterday sent my body in shock mode....

Nurse said that my incision looks nice and neat and infection free yippeee !!!! So pleased on that front.

Gp appointment was a different ball game walked out ... He actually said ur on calcium twice a day what more do u want me to do ... Got told I have ospteopiena last week ... So I got home and emailed mr ammorri my surgeon for the bypass he is a star had email back with four hours !!!! now I am armed with all the info think the gp will get another visit.

Plus in all my lickle size four feet tantrum I forgot to mention the rash all over my tummy and legs the nurse told me about .... And so the day begins a tad sore but feeling ok if that makes sense.

Have a good day everyone xxx

Day seven

Feet on the floor managed a shower on my own, wound looks a tad weepy this morning may have to ring the surgery ti get it checked out apart from that all seems fine and sort if back to normal xxx

Sounds like you are making quick progress Vi but definitely worth getting a weeping wound checked. At my seminar the other day the clinical nurse said they would much rather catch something early on so give them a call to be on the safe side eh?

Hope all is well.

Debs xxx

Quick update on my progress, been having pain down my right hand side thought it was just bruising alas nope... Got hold of my surgeon last night before I finished what I was saying he said now Vicki remember u have had alot down over various procedures ... I was thinking umm I know ... Well the long and short of it is my old stitches that are like an internal wall lol don't know how to describe it... Well the don't go so with the last op has he as pulled all my skin inwards under my breasts ... This inturn has put extra pressure on the them causing pain wen I lift my arm or move funny ... So another trip to his office on Monday evening to discuss what if any thing can be done !!! Bugger no more hanging of the wardrobes for me he he he xxx

Rustyangel, check with your chemist or the hospital as I took arnica tablets before my hysterectomy and although I had stopped them a few days pre-op they contributed to some breathing problems while I was under the anaesetic something I didn't realise before I took them. Worth checking so you don't have the same problems I did. This time I think I will take the bruising rather than the oxygen mask and the problems that caused. Dry mouth so drank to much of the water they left me and made myself sick not a good idea with the bypass I am about to have.

Back