• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nervous fat man, LB to MGB

When I had the band done with Dr Chris they shaved my stomach with a cheap razor (dry), the itching from the shave was worse than the pain from the scars. Do they still do this? If so I will shave my stomach and "man garden" myself before I go. Question for the blokes really but it may apply to some of the more hirsute girls x

Why not treat yourself to a wax ;)

When I had the band done with Dr Chris they shaved my stomach with a cheap razor (dry), the itching from the shave was worse than the pain from the scars. Do they still do this? If so I will shave my stomach and "man garden" myself before I go. Question for the blokes really but it may apply to some of the more hirsute girls x
I love this ?

I had keyhole surgery, I didn't think to shave myself, thought they would do it.
Woke up and found they hadn't shaved a thing, I actually had hairs growing out of the wounds as they healed. It was a nightmare trying to keep the dressings on, and especially when they changed the dressings.

I recall another poster (Venture) had his sleeve done earlier this year and he was shaved.

Well you would need a boatload of wax, I would end up looking like a rotund candle!!

Also after the debacle of the nostril waxing last year (don't ask) I would prefer to shave :)

Well you would need a boatload of wax, I would end up looking like a rotund candle!! Also after the debacle of the nostril waxing last year (don't ask) I would prefer to shave :)

Oh but I Have to ask lol ...

Btw .. I have some instructions from the hospital re my hip,op. Tells me not to shave ( my legs natch ) for 7 days prior. Maybe check with Bart?

Well in 12 hrs I will be on my way to vilvoorde. Bags packed, gut shaved and taxi booked.

Sort of wishing I wasn't going on my own now but to late for whining so need to man up and get on with it.

Will msg you all when I get to the other side of the knife. Thank you all for your help and support, it has made the journey so far much easier xx

Dont know how your getting and from your hospital but consider taking a cushion or use a rolled up towel to use under your seatbelt as you dont want anything rubbing on your wounds on your journey back home I used a rolled up towel

Wishing you all the best Cankster. Not long till you are on the other side. :)

Aww thank you all x

With regards to the car I am fortunate enough to receive free train and Eurostar travel so will be first class all the way :)

Aww thank you all x With regards to the car I am fortunate enough to receive free train and Eurostar travel so will be first class all the way :)

Nice one. Good luck

Good luck, don't worry about being on your own, I went on my own and it was a breeze, they will take excellent care of you.

Lynn x

Good luck mate

Well that's me settled in the hotel in vilvoorde, feet up and wait for Fred now x

Dripped up and waiting to go down x

See you on the other side

Lynn x

Back