• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nervous fat man, LB to MGB

Off to the pool! You lucky cow I'm rather jealous x

Cankster I've put on here coz thought be easier to see it
Which one was Sabrina?
I had one rather large lady with spiky hair who looked scary but was one of the few to successfully get blood
Can you describe
Or I may have been lucky n not had her

She was the young girl with a medium gingerish bob, she would have been on the 1400 to 2200 shift the week we were in.
The one with spikey hair was lovely, she took me outside to vape and we were swapping photos of our kids x

She was the young girl with a medium gingerish bob, she would have been on the 1400 to 2200 shift the week we were in. The one with spikey hair was lovely, she took me outside to vape and we were swapping photos of our kids x

I was lucky then, didn't see Sabrina lol
Had dark haired nurses and a lovely one with very long eyelashes and ponytail
They were good tho

I feel like I'm eating or sipping all day to get the fluids in

How long you havin off work?

Your luck she was pure evil. I'm not doing too bad on the liquids got a water bottle with a nipple top and just sip on that all day.i was going to have a few weeks off to recover but I will be back in this Wednesday now.

I've just made a smoked haddock chowder, cottage pie and fish pie which I will blitz and put in my little tubs in freezer so I have food on standby .

How are you getting on today, all ok?

Your luck she was pure evil. I'm not doing too bad on the liquids got a water bottle with a nipple top and just sip on that all day.i was going to have a few weeks off to recover but I will be back in this Wednesday now. I've just made a smoked haddock chowder, cottage pie and fish pie which I will blitz and put in my little tubs in freezer so I have food on standby . How are you getting on today, all ok?

Hi cankster
It's exactly 1 week since surgery lost 9llbs
I'm sipping but not enough I don't think
Yay mush stage
I'm looking forwards to that, yoghurt and Dutch biscuits n soup is a bit boring
I felt a bit queasy yesterday but think it's down to this neck pain
Fred says its a nerve that leads up over the shoulder and I only had big op on shoulder 20 March
If that would shift I'd be brill
Wow you're going back to work after 2 weeks
Take it easy
I'm scheduled same, due work from home th fri then back min
I manage a probation hostel so it's not physical just head stress lol
Gonna see how I feel, have you driven yet
Xx

9lbs is ace well done. I've not driven yet, leaving it as long as I can.
I work as an area manager on the railway but have just been promoted to regional manager so I'm under some pressure to get back in so I can do a decent handover. It will be mainly desk work so shouldn't be to bad.
the only issue I have is my cuts under the dressings are itching like mad but I suppose that's part of the healing process.

Hi Cankster

It def is part of the healing, I keep saying the same to my hubs who tells me its cos its healing
I'm going to drive on sat morning as my mum has to go to hospital for cartledge op - just as I'm back in work mon. Should be driving to Chorley but will get my mate to get me at M60 junction, don't fancy that. My queasiness has gone today and shoulder pain milder, jeez I sound like a right hypochondriac, I'm tough really lol
I like the sound of haddock chowder, I bought cookery book, weight loss surgery cook book for dummies but it is too American, Navy beans? what the heck are they??
So might get my slimming world ones out, I think I have every one they've done I joined that many times with good intentions and always bought a book, their curry one is fab though, himself loves the rogan josh out of it and it's not too spicy either
I ramble....what recipe did you use for the haddock? I am going to make a load of stuff next week for the mush phase and when I go back to work so am organised
x

Good morning all, stitches out yesterday all good aside from my port scar is still slightly open (seems to be healing from the inside out.
Weekly weigh in yesterday am now 19st 7lbs so that's another 6lbs off.
Back to work today thank Christ as I've been bored out of my mind. I will PM you the. Chowder recipe Wendy x

Good morning all, stitches out yesterday all good aside from my port scar is still slightly open (seems to be healing from the inside out. Weekly weigh in yesterday am now 19st 7lbs so that's another 6lbs off. Back to work today thank Christ as I've been bored out of my mind. I will PM you the. Chowder recipe Wendy x

Well done on the weight loss. I hope your port scar closes soon. That wound where they removed it takes the longest to heal. Mine is still tender and I am 15 weeks put today, the scar healed quickly but there is still a faint bruise. You are doing great if you are back at work. :)

Any chance you can post the chowder recipe for the test of us? :)

Good morning all, stitches out yesterday all good aside from my port scar is still slightly open (seems to be healing from the inside out. Weekly weigh in yesterday am now 19st 7lbs so that's another 6lbs off. Back to work today thank Christ as I've been bored out of my mind. I will PM you the. Chowder recipe Wendy x

Cheers cankster
Great loss
My port wound is worse too
The others are great but you can feel it tender inside can't you
I can lie on R side in bed but not my L
WFH th n from and back in Monday
Take it easy mate x

Thank you all x

Smoked Haddock Chowder

• 450g smoked cod or smoked haddock (undyed)
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 onions, finely chopped
  • 2 leeks, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
  • 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
  • 900g potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed with 1 tsp sea salt
  • 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme
  • 600ml Skimmed milk
  • chopped fresh parsley, for sprinkling
  • 1 carton of Alpro Soya Fake Cream
  1. Put the fish in a deep frying pan with the bay leaf and 600ml/1 pint boiling water. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to stand, covered, for a further 5 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid, then flake the fish.
  2. In a deep saucepan. Add the vegetables and garlic and fry over a high heat until starting to soften. Stir in the thyme and the reserved cooking liquid and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
  3. Pour half the soup into a bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork. Return to the pan with the milk and fish. Simmer for 3 minutes, taste and season if needed. Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
If your on liquid stage Blend like mad and add hot fish stock until desired consistency is reached.

Thanks for the recipe Cankster, looks fab! I think I'll be trying that after my op

Glad you're well into recovering and your wounds are healing nicely. I will certainly keep my eyes open for Sabrina!!!

Well that's the first day at work survived. All my colleagues were very understanding and supportive a good day :)

Regards Sabrina, there is a standing 100 euro bounty for anyone who pokes her in the eye (photo evidence required) I did offer one of the nurses 100 euro to eye poke her and she said she would love to but she couldn't.

Well weighed in this morning and only 3 lbs down :-( I though it would be more.
One question for you all and it's a bit TMI, light green and very pale poo, is this normal?

Weight loss only 3lbs in a week, bet you never thought that would ever be disappointing, haha. Doing great mate keep the good work.
Now the disgusting bit, my BM's are usually hard knobbly things, argh, but a couple of times a very pale coloured soft one, haven't been able to narrow down a reason. If its all the time you might want to talk to someone.

Well weighed in this morning and only 3 lbs down :-( I though it would be more. One question for you all and it's a bit TMI, light green and very pale poo, is this normal?

It could be food gone through intestine quickly and not had time for bile to break it down which turns it brown
Lots of info re stool colour on Google
3lb still good
Bag and half of sugars worth of fat gone ?

Ps made the chowder again, delicious x

I was a bit down that I had only lost 3lbs, however I have just gone I wardrobe and some of my old clothes now fit so feeling a bit like a peacock and happy again.

Just finished making 2 litres of my fav eliquid so feet up with a cup of tea and a vape :)

Back