• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New.....help

kerry2656

I've had my fist appointment at Luton and Dunstable hospital with the obesity nurse got to go back in a month to go on the milk diet but how long before they put u foward for the op ? been ready for this for 13 years ? x[

Thanks they said when I back in a month then they will stick me on the milk diet with the weight management team .... I probley seem impatient but in my head I've been ready for this for sometime x

Thanks they said when I back in a month then they will stick me on the milk diet with the weight management team .... I probley seem impatient but in my head I've been ready for this for sometime x
I have just survived the Milk Diet and have my surgery tomorrow...
Good Luck, I wish you well on your journey!!!!!!:)

Good luck kerry2656. Who's your consultant?

They haven't said I had my first appointment Monday with the obesity nurse Monday they took my bloods and said I have got to go on a minimum of a 6 month weight management plan and when I go back in a month they r putting me on the milk diet x

I don't know they haven't told me they said I got to start a minimum of 6 month weight management programme in a month when I go back starting with the milk diet x

Did they tell you, that you would be on milk for 6 months?? Because the milk diet is normally a pre-op diet that lasts max about 4 weeks

Ahh, interesting approach.

very good luck keep us posted.

Good luck to the both of you. Hope it goes well tomorrow Minn

all went well Thank you, feeling fine a little sore buts that's to be expected xx:)

ive been told by the team at my hospital,once I get to see the doctor`s team that's going to be doing the operation I could be banded within 6-8 months so if im right around april/may 2014

weird being put on milk diet if not pre op be prepared because the milk diet is for liver shrinkage not weightloss when you start eating again even if very healthy food you may gain some of the loss back .

Not sure I'm new to it all just wondering how long people waited for the ok for surgery once starting the weight management plan think its gonna be a long road.

Back