• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And it's DONE!
I might admit I felt a big ropey for a few hours after but feeling much better now.

Thank god for low cal hot chocolate lol oh it's the small things.
Talking of small...I'm on my way to being much smaller ;-)

Many congrats, welcome to the start of a slimmer you! Hope you heal nice and quickly, and take it easy for the next few days xx

I'm home now and drugged up! :p
Been drinking low cal hot chocolate and no sugar crusha as well as squash and water. Tiny sips.
Aching stomach muscles and abdomen but other than that I'm pretty good.

The hospital staff were amazing. I had mine done privately with Healthier Weight. They've been brilliant so far.

Thank you all for your good wishes.

I don't know when is best to weigh myself? A week? Two? A month?

Sam x

They were amazing. So so friendly, couldn't do enough for me. Treated with dignity and respect. It was the nicest hospital experience I've ever had. If you can call a hospital experience nice at all haha.

They really went the extra mile, they even have me infant ibuprofen to take home because I didn't like the taste of the codeine lol

They were fab!

X

I feeling much better, no appetite though. But that's good I suppose.

That's fabulous news Sam, a whole dress size plus! Well done. Is the wind trapped shoulder pain or general fatty type wind? (Titters!) x

Hehe yeah the fatty wind. I've had minimal shoulder pain, I can actually burp which is nice when they come!

It's kind of in my gullet and abdomen that I can feel the trapped wind. The peppermint is horrible so walking around is doing the trick slowly.

I've been trumping quite a lot too! Not nice I know but my goodness I feel better afterwards!

Oh the joys of a band eh! Lol

X

I have my appointment tomorrow afternoon to see the consultant. I'm so nervous. I suppose I'm worried that he'll say I can't proceed.....or that he'll say I can!!! I think my biggest fear is that I'll have it done but I'll still stay fat. That I am just a big fat failure :-( I wish I could fast forward the next few months (I know you shouldn't. Wish your life away) but the uncertainty is driving me nuts!

That's my biggest fear too. I know I will always love food. That will never change. I've just got to love smaller quantities of it now.

I worry about lots of things. Will I have wasted the money? Should I have just gone for the sleeve? What about when I fancy a cupcake? If I don't lose 10st in a year will people think in a failure? Will I stretch it?
The worry list is endless...

I suppose the dedication to having an operation must show some sort of dedication to changing your lifestyle too.

I miss my scuba diving and mountain biking, so perhaps when I start doing these things again I will forget how much if a friend food was to me.

It's 20lbs today and I'm including the pre-op diet too. I started on the 12th October.

I'm really chuffed! :)

I know it will slow down drastically but 2-3lbs a week is what I'm aiming for.

I was 24stone! :-/
X

Thats awesome. Well done.
I was banded on 28th September.
I did 2 weeks pre op.
I'vve no idea what I've lost yet, but been excersising loads and eating as I'm told.
Got my first fill on Tuesday - where I will get weighed.
I miss certain things, and have cravings, but its not hunger.
And I feel much better in myself.

Not far behind me then!
Ohh I hope for a really good loss for you! Your clothes feel lose?

I like making new 'band buddies' on here.

I think it's the mental hunger that's the *****, I know I don't need a cupcake but god I could eat one! Lol

How are you coping with normal food?

Back