• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New

susu.t

Hi I'm susu.t on the log in, I have just been for my first appointment at wirral and hope to have my op within the next 4 weeks, I have been goin to the Liverpool support group since last year when I started my journey. The group support there is fantastic, you feel so welcome and people are genuinely pleased for you. At last things are happening I didn't think I would ever get to this stage but I have and I'm so excited lol. Any advise on bypass or d.s would be appreciated as next opd is decision time !

Hi and welcome, no advice as Im a bander but just wanted to wish you luck on your journey x

Hi Hun and welcome . . . I am a bypasser and I am nearly 11 weeks out ~ sometimes I would love to turn the clock back as I do miss some pre-op delights but on the whole, I am pleased that I have had the operation. I feel much fitter and healthier and everything I do is so much easier. Still struggling getting to grips with eating and rely heavily on dairy product (for high protein), yogurts, milk shakes and so on. I also love ice lollies (COOP, Truly Irresistible mmmm) I am back to a reasonable exercise routine (remember that WLS is only a tool, you still have to do the work) and although I am not yet a Greek God things are on the up (photos soon!) . . . good luck and enjoy your journey xx

Welcom susu ... I am also new and only about halfway thru the process, so a bit behind you .... hope you get your surgery date soon !!

Thanks for that, how have you found the band? Is it working well for you x

Your welcome!

The band has been good to me and I have been good to it. I have lost 95lbs and Im just under my orginal goal weight of a BMI of 25 :D x

Hello-Welcome.jpg

Kevin1708 said:
Hi Hun and welcome . . . I am a bypasser and I am nearly 11 weeks out ~ sometimes I would love to turn the clock back as I do miss some pre-op delights but on the whole, I am pleased that I have had the operation. I feel much fitter and healthier and everything I do is so much easier. Still struggling getting to grips with eating and rely heavily on dairy product (for high protein), yogurts, milk shakes and so on. I also love ice lollies (COOP, Truly Irresistible mmmm) I am back to a reasonable exercise routine (remember that WLS is only a tool, you still have to do the work) and although I am not yet a Greek God things are on the up (photos soon!) . . . good luck and enjoy your journey xx

Hi glad your doing well, the exercise side at the minute is a worry as I have arthritis in my knees but hope that after the op and some initial weight loss I will be ok
Good luck and keep up the card work look forward to seeing the photos of the new you x

Welcome and good luck with your journey x

Welcome, I am due to have bypass on 5th July. I decided on this over the band as it reduces the chance to eat round it as I have with diet pill in the past. I will still have to work hard either way but without that devil that hides in my head driving me to eat and currently having the stomach available to take my over indulgence, if I try it post-op there's a fair chance of dumping which I think once experienced you wouldn't want to deliberately court again. The initial lack of appetite while it all settles down will with luck give me the time I need to beat that devil into submission or at least learn more self control.
Lots to get my head around or at least some more to do I think I am in a better place emotionally to do this properly and win the battle forever at last.

Hi and Welcome to the forum x

Back