• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new

Nicola robinson

Hi I'm new awaiting bypass surgery appt have been through all the preparation had the camera down and have already lost 3st 4lbs so that everything will be easier starting weight was 23st 2lbs in jan and now 19st 10lbs. Had loads of people say oh! you don't need the surgery now that you are losing but what they don't understand is that I need to keep the weight off. I already have sleep apnia, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis and the chance to get rid of all of this is just so overwhelming I am at the stage now where each day the post comes I am willing it to bring me my surgery date. Do I have to go to any more appts? can someone advise xxxx:confused:

I would think by now Nicola you are just waiting for your surgery date, once you have had the camera down thats usually it you go on the list, i too had sleep apnoea but now have given my machine back, thta was the only medical problem i was found to have don't really have any other medical problems, I was 24st 11lb at my heaviest, I was 22 stone when I went for my op, I am just under 16 now and it has made a big difference to me visually, I always weigh heavier than anyone else my size, has always been the case. My blood pressure was high before the op but has gone right down now I never had high bp before tho. You will find after surgery most of those problems will sort themselves out. I remember this time last year I was watching the post and checking the answering machine then 1 Thursday evening bout 4pm I got a call from the hospital saying they had a provisional date, that was it, it was July before the school hols and I was going in 19th August op 20th. I work in a school so was ideal for me, had 2 weeks off and went back when the school started back in September, so had no real time off other than what others had as well. Do you work? I am married with 2 kids 23 and 25, husband 53 and i'm 46. xx

Hi Chris thank you for replying yes I work in the market place in Bishop for a company called CfBT Include, where I teach English Maths and ICT to 16-19yr olds Mon -Thurs I am married with 3 kids 24, 19 and 13 my husband is 49 and I am also 46 so nice to know someone who has gone through the same. Just a waiting game now trying to loose as much weight as I can so that anaesthetic, operation and healing can be speedy any hints and tips would be great xx

I am a teaching assistant at Parkside School Willington, I work with yr 8 -yr11's, I work with alternative curriculum doing Princes Trust, CoPE, WKS and Alan Tests Numeracy and Literacy. Do reading and BkSB- basic key skill builder. numeracy and literacy. When you finally go into hospital the best advice is keep active, keep walking round to get rid of the gas after your op can be painful, you could get yourself some little pots from the pound shop and start n puree some meals which you can just stick in the freezer ready for when you come home. Then they will be just to lift out and reheat. Fresh fruit and veg with chicken etc blended up into a puree, very healthy, some days i did soup and blended it but better if you make your own you know whats in it then. You can eat very little post op, keep up the fluid intake, it helps heal the wound inside, If key hole you recover more quickly and after the first week you feel like your oldself just you still bit tired but gets boring just sitting when we are used to being busy. Hope you get a date soon, there have been 1 or2 short notice apps. recently so you never know , good luck xx

So weird I have taught all of the same used to work for BAC lol thanks for the info will start and get geared up I think. It is very helpful to know all of the little things. Going to start and tone up a bit more I know I will have some loose skin but will do what I can to prevent too much. I will be bored too my life is busy, busy usually. xx

Exercise and toning is good idea I ahve always exercised and while I know i am guna have some loose skin I don't have a smuch as some people so yes go ahead and get started but when you come home you'll only be allowed to walk for a few weeks, just bit further each day, I ahev a pilates ball i like to use and have been using the gym at school, but now that the summer is here haha, i like to come home instead of working out n do my own at home, but going on more walks as well. xx

Hello, I don't know about your hospital but sounds like its just your date as you have had the rest of the stuff done. Good luck and hope it come soon for you x

Thank you, all of a sudden it feels very real but am up for the challenge and my goal is to be in a size 14 clothes think I was that once for a week lol in about 1982

Thank you, all of a sudden it feels very real but am up for the challenge and my goal is to be in a size 14 clothes think I was that once for a week lol in about 1982

Once you get your date it becomes so so real I found. I wanted to be a size 18 and 6 months out and I am (though only in some shops as sizing is rubbish). Good luck and you will get there well done for the weight you have lost already x

:welcome:

Sunderland are working at exactly 6 months at the mo for dates where you get 4 weeks notice but they've been given some extra theatre slots so have been calling people with last minute dates too.

My endo was 22 Dec and my op was booked for 22 June but got moved forward to the 16th - this Saturday ahhhh! I'm so excited but can't believe its actually about to happen.

It sounds like you're already doing gr8 - hope you get a date soon x

Good Luck will be thinking of you. When you get home give us all an update. xxx I'm starting to get a little excited xxx

Thanks hun, I will. I was starting to get really anxious in the last few weeks waiting for my date but as soon as they rang I was just super excited - I can't wait! X

its a fabulous feeling when that call comes will never forget how I felt that day and Nicola won't be long till you experience it, fingers x. Newcy you must be on cloud 9 at the moment this time next week you will on top of the world, n ready to go home, tired but elated and sooo proud of yourself. xx

Thanks chrisa - that's exactly how I feel! I'm counting down the days until I can get that post-op badge xxx

I'm from Durham - about 30 mins away from you girls and an hour out of Sunderland x

Sounds like a plan! Xxx

We'll make it happen, be something to work towards. xx Have a good few days enjoy the preparation. My mam has a histerctomyon Monday in Darlington so will be busy as you come next week again, poor bugger is 71 and had major back surgery last November now this, she has a prolapse which is really bad so hence the op. They just moved in to a bungalow week gone Friday so she is almost ready it will be much easier for both my parents and their bungalow is just outside the school gates where i work so better for me too. xx

Thanks hun - I am really enjoying getting everything ready, although I have loads of packing to do. My husband is away with work all weekend and my Mum will be having my kids so they all need their things sorted too. It means I won't be having any visitors but I'm quite looking forward to the peace and quiet lol.

Your poor Mum, I'll be thinking of her - hope it all goes well xxx

Back