• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie here!

Pre op assessment confirmed for Tuesday 10th. I have to say so far I'm very impressed with streamline and nuffield Guildford, it's generally all been very easy so far and everything has come through very quickly. Hopefully that's a good sign for the future.

Bring on the end of June!

Hi, i am booked in for my band on June 28th at Dolan Park. I am so excited i cant begin to put it into words! I have not told work at all, i have booked 10 days off, just told colleagues i plan on chilling, i am hoping i can go back to work without anyone thinking i am ill! But... plan b is I have arranged to return to work on a Wednesday so if i am not feeling good i will take the Thursday and Friday off and just say i had a migraine or some such thing, don't like lying but I really don't want to shout about what i am doing. My husband knows, my daughter thinks i am having a balloon and i have told the woman who waxes me, just because i thought she is the only person who might see the scars- plus i have been gagging to tell someone and i thought she is like a doctor and has to keep my secrets! Hope i have made the right decision telling her!
Looking forward to following your story.
Denise

I am glad you share the 'excited feeling', I honestly feel like I can't wait to get started. I'm even counting down the days until I start the milk diet!
I agree about not

Oops, hit send on my phone by accident! I agree about not liking lying. I told my husband and I told my parents but that's it. I wouldn't have told my parents either but I hated the thought if the worst happened they would have to deal with the fact I didn't want to speak with them about it first. Silly I know but they were very supportive and I was glad I did.
I have plans for when I'm on the milk diet which will be difficult to explain. We have a breakfast date with the in laws and I'm always the first to order the full English, a glass of milk might raise an eyebrow so I'll have to claim I've been unwell. Plus we were making plans to see family and I had to claim we weren't free until August just in case I wasn't feeling up to it.
It's all for the best though and it's only a small sacrifice to make.
I look forward to following your journey too, I'm only 24hrs ahead of you! x

hi & good luck with your journey!!

I told my work what was happening but knew they'd understand as one of my bosses had a bypass 2 years ago, I also work at a desk & can take life there at my own pace so had my op thursday 22nd may & was back at work on tuesday 27th (basically just a bank holiday weekend off) & felt fine, I know everyone heals differently, some need it, some milk it & some are troupers haha just go with your body it will let you know if you are overdoing it

Wow, I'm guessing you're a trooper then for being back to work that quickly! It's comforting to know though, I was worried I still might feel tender after 9 days away!
As you said, everybody is different but I know after having my gall bladder removed I was signed off for 2 weeks but think I could have been back in for the second.
How are you finding it so far? I only use the mobile app for this site so far so can't see stats etc x

I also think part of my reason for wanting to keep it quiet is that I can't be dealing with the 'you don't need to do that' comments that inevitably come. I work in an office of serial dieters, we've all lost and gained yet people seem to want to sabotage each other too. If people aren't losing weight they don't want anyone else to.
I'm relatively young at 28, and I guess to some people I'm not too heavy (the surgeon didn't believe my BMI was pushing 40 when I first met him - it most definitely is!) but that doesn't mean I can't fear for my health and want to feel better about myself.
I could diet again and I probably could lose weight again, but I know fine well I'd be piling it on again relatively soon. I'm doing this to make a change for life. I can't be doing with people voicing options about how extreme surgery is! Did anyone else experience that?

Hi Ellzee, good luck for tomorrow, i have paid my final payment today, my credit card was declined, i thought i was going to cry, turns out i have to pay a 3% surcharge for using a CC, anyway its sorted now!
I am eating like a little pig at the minute, cant seem to be able to stop myself, eating is so out of control, not sure why cos i am nothing other than excited!
You are 24 hours before me, you can be our trailblazer, i don't have to do a pre op diet, i did the Xante Diet earlier this year and i have some left so i am going to do my best to do that for 5 days before i am admitted, i am gearing myself up commit to it!
Oh Ellzee i cant bloody wait, i wish it was tomorrow.
Denise XxX

I'm paying on my credit card too because I have a tesco one and I wanted the extra clubcard points haha! Plus I heard if acts as an extra insurance if there's a problem. I'll have to pay it off straight away though as it won't leave me much flexibility for the rest of the month.
I'm also pigging out at the moment, so I know how you feel. I'm thinking how much I want to get started yet I can't get started! I know I'll be good on the milk diet though, I'm not going to throw away this opportunity.
I'm also a past VLCDer, I lost 4 stone on slim & save and felt amazing while it lasted. Doing that again would feel like a walk in the park compared to a week of just milk! I'll be mooing when I walk into the hospital on 27th!
Laura x

Laura, i found the VLCD a fabulous diet, when i was focused, i lost about a stone and half i only did it before we went on holiday, i planned to carry on but struggled to get back into it. I gave it another go just after Christmas and managed to lose a few more lbs, but i reckon i have put on about a stone since we went on holiday in March, i wonder if we will still feel fat when we are thin? I have/had dropped a couple of dress sizes but still used to pick up bigger sized clothes. Just imagine roaming round a lovely clothes shop looking at size 16's and then realising we are 12's.... How fabulous will that be? I don't think i could do the milk diet, although i do love milk, i just don't think i could fast that much, i went running the other morning, i started the couch to 5k about a year ago, still aiming for running for 5 mins, anyway when i was struggling to run/breath i kept saying i was running towards my band and if i didn't do it i couldn't have the band, i ran like the wind believe me!!!
Its good to have someone to share it with, my husband is a bit bored of listening to me say ' oh i cant bloody wait'!
Oh i cant bloody wait!
XxX

I also did the couch to 5k while I was VLCDing in 2012. I loved it while it lasted but finished it roundabout when I fell off the diet wagon. I got to the point of running for 20mins solid though which was amazing for someone like me, so it does work.
We have a dog now, and I want to start him on a bit of light jogging so I can build it up again once the band settles. I can't at the moment though, just getting him to walk next to me as opposed to in front of me, under my feet etc etc would be a miracle. He's still a pup though, we'll be jogging together soon!
I think my husband is also sick of hearing me countdown the days, whilst eating a packet of crisps....

I would love to enjoy the running, maybe when we are like lats we will be better runners? I take our 2 dogs running with me, one is good and jogs along behind the other loiters about and roams off with other people, makes jogging a chore! You have just reminded me we have a tube of pringles in the cupboard, i might just have a couple. I am so looking forward to not thinking about food, its just so tedious, anyway i will get myself into the pringles, may as well while i still can.
XxX

I'll certainly enjoy running when I've lost all the weight, I'll be wearing the tightest Lycra showing as much skin as possible so I can show off my hot body haha, what's not to enjoy??! :) x

Oh Lordy, I've never been private before and that was one thorough pre op assessment!
I had to do MRSA swabs and an ECG, they measured me for DVT socks, weighed and measured me, a urine sample. Then we got started on the blood test....
I don't know what it is about those but I hate them, as soon as they tie the strap round it and start tapping around look for the vein, I start to feel nauseous! I hate it, and they can never find a vein so it takes ages. I took my husband with me and after it was done he could see I was nearly in tears. It's so dumb and I always laugh about it afterwards but at least it's done now and I'm on the final countdown, woohoo!

Hi Laura. Well done on making a proper start, not sure if I do all that, I think I can remember at my initial meeting that they said all that would be done when I arrive at the hospital for my procedure. Is it weird to be envious of someone having their blood taken? I have squeezed myself into a pair if trousers that feel like they are about to burst, looking forward to not having this feeling for much longer! At least it's sunny?!?
Denise. XxX

Lol, I lovingly ironed and prepared my white linen trousers to wear today and when I put them on remembered that the button popped off last time I wore them. It was too late to get changed so I pulled my top down over it and carried on. You can imagine the shame when she said she was doing an ECG and if I could lift my top ...... Eek!!!
Plus she had to stick the pads to my hairy legs, poor nurse. She's probably heading for counselling as we speak!!
Here's to no more tight clothes and bursting buttons!!! x

Its never good when we get caught out clothes wise, i had to come home from work early as my trousers were getting tighter and tighter, think it was the heat! But lets be fair Laura these are going to be distant memories in less than 3 weeks, less than 3 weeks, 3 weeks today we will both be back home, probably with wind raging up our shoulders, but we will have started our weight loss journeys good and proper.
I am still struggling to believe it, we are half way through this week tomorrow, i am definitely on the count down day wise, only 17 days to go.
Are you planning any final meals Laura? I think the only thing left for me is a Chinese, had a big dinner Sunday, had fish and chips last week, so just Chinese.
Denise XxX

My husband and I have been jokingly referring to my 'bucket list' which is basically food I want to eat before the milk diet. So far its included a bar of dairy milk, a nandos, a burger king and a BBQ. My husband is South African and they love a braai but I know once I'm done all of the meat is going to be difficult to take so I wanted to enjoy that for a last time. BK is so dirty but I haven't had one for years and I just wanted to try it again. I felt horrible afterwards and I want to remember that feeling on my low days.
I start the milk diet in a week, and I need to start cutting down now so I am ready for it. So from now on I might have nice-ish meals but no more snacks and try to shrink my stomach a little before it gets the shock of its life! x

Oh my good lord, I managed to get on the scales and I nearly fell to the floor. I have gained a lot and it just shows what happens when I'm not monitoring my weight and eating what I want. So my starting weight is 17st12lbs. I feel disgusted that I've let myself get this far, but I also know fine well if I wasn't doing this I would carry on going up and up.
So Denise, the challenge is on. I'm hoping to shed at least a stone in the run up to the op including the milk diet. I'm sure you can do the same too although I guess you don't have as much to lose overall as me.
Here goes...... :) x

Hey Laura. Well done you for getting on the scales, I will jump on first thing tomorrow. At least we know what we have to do!?! Just think how much more thinking time we will have, I don't know about you but I spend a very large part of my day thinking about how fat I am, I annoy myself with it, the number if 4ams I am laid there thinking " I really need to sort myself out" all that crapness will be a thing of the past for us Laura.
I think we have beaten ourselves up long enough about weight, I know I have, so it's nearly time to put all that behind us. I love losing weight- something else that annoys me- but I always think....
Would I rather be the size I am but weigh 91/2 stone or would I prefer to be a size 12 and 16 stone. I always go for the size 12 option, which makes me think weight is just a number!
Lets just hope we can put as much effort into liking ourselves as we do being disgusted with ourselves!
Come on Laura, not many days to go now. Only 16 days and 14 hours for me so you will be in the 15 days now.
XxX

Back