• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

shygirl

Hello!!
I would like to start by saying well done everyone for your weightloss.im impressed.
Bassically i've been running after my GP for weightloss surgery since 2005 with no success.then was referred to metabolic clinc last november.Dr told me gastric bypass was best option for me.had blood test,sleep test and psychiatrist.i was on loads of meds and cpap machine.was about to be referred to surgeon,they told me funding could take up to 3yrs.
Talked to parents,got help with funding.had surgery done private on the 30th of july 2011 at chelsfield park hospital with Mr El Hassani.i was admitted on saturday the 30th at 12.00.had surgery at 14.00-16.00, woke up at 16.30 and was transferred to my room.i was discharged on tuesday the 2nd.i lost 20lbs during the first 2 weeks.then no changes on the scale.so frustrating.but ive dropped 1 size dress during that time.any tips from anybody would be much appreciated.thank you.xx

Hi Shy, Welcome and well done in finding this great site. I wasn't far after you on 4th August, so we are at a similar stage. So how are you doing, pain and food wise? I hope you have had a good 6 weeks or so since the op.

20lbs in the first two weeks was huge, so your body is just catching up. I did 16lbs over the first month, so am still behind you. It has slowed for me too, only 2lbs last week, but you will get there in the end. I think I need to go back and cut down, as I am sure I am eating too much.

Congrats on the dress size too. Keep in touch. When you get to 50 posts you can see and do more on the site - like looking at the inspirational photo galleries.

Hello ladies, my op was on the 5th July and I have steadily lost beween 1.5 & 3lbs a week since my surgery so am down 22lbs in 9 wks with another 1st lost with the pre-op diet. Overall just over 5st since April 2010.
In my view & I need to do some exercise now as well to keep it going steadily but I'd rather it go slow & steady and give my skin a chance to shrink with me if only a little bit so there's less excess skin to fight at the end of my journey.
We all lose at our own pace & will stall from time to time as our bodies adjust to the new diet & demands on it with less fuel going in to meet those demands so don't be to tough on yourselves enjoys the successes celebrate each loss rather than a gain as may have happened in the past, this is a long journey to our new selves it took a long time to reach our biggest & even with this wonderful tool helping us reach a smaller self a little quicker than we may otherwise it's not going to be a quick fix. I'm just grateful for the chance to have this tool & plan to ensure I respect it & learn to respect myself so I can be proud of my new body.

Hi Shy, Welcome and well done in finding this great site. I wasn't far after you on 4th August, so we are at a similar stage. So how are you doing, pain and food wise? I hope you have had a good 6 weeks or so since the op.

20lbs in the first two weeks was huge, so your body is just catching up. I did 16lbs over the first month, so am still behind you. It has slowed for me too, only 2lbs last week, but you will get there in the end. I think I need to go back and cut down, as I am sure I am eating too much.

Congrats on the dress size too. Keep in touch. When you get to 50 posts you can see and do more on the site - like looking at the inspirational photo galleries.
Hiya Penguina,thank you so much for your post..i've been reading post from this forum long before my surgery but i didnt have the confidence to write something.
well to be honest i did find it extremely hard when i came back home from hospital.i was feeling extremely lonely, emotional and depressed.
Pain wise...hmm.ok.two days after i came home,i started doing the dishes,hoovering,washing etc.so i started having a lot of pain inside where the main incision is.so i went to A&E,had bloodtest and x-ray.Thank God every was fine,except that ive hurt it a lil bit inside by doing stuff too soon.
the next day,in the bathroom,dropped something on the floor, i bended(like normally i do,coz i swear,i forgot i had surgery..)and cant describe the pain i was in.i could not move.i felt them stables pinched me. so i had a nasty bruise inside and a lil bit outside.so when i told the aftercare nurse she basically told me what my mum told me"you just had major surgery,take it easy".
So i did and the pain is very mild now.

Hell yes you have had major surgery!Just cos you cant see a huge scar outside doesnt mean you are all healed inside!It will take weeks to feel like your normal self,I slept for the first couple of months!Best of luck,Maz x

@Penguina,food to tell you the truth i find it very confusing at the moment.im on solid food since last week.portion wise it depends on the food texture.if its soft with sauce or something i eat more than dry kinda food.i asked my nutritonist about portion and she said about 5-6 spoon.but im having less than that.i have to take more protein as well(just thinking about milkshake makes me gag,been taking it since pre-op)so ive bought the Nectar,hope it taste ok.
what about you?how are you doing?

You have only just been done!Wait till you are 6 months post op and you have dropped loads of dress sizes,your old clothes have gone to charity shop,you are exercising and totally buzzing with health and happiness!I will be your 'mum'hun any questions ask away!Maz x

You have only just been done!Wait till you are 6 months post op and you have dropped loads of dress sizes,your old clothes have gone to charity shop,you are exercising and totally buzzing with health and happiness!I will be your 'mum'hun any questions ask away!Maz x

Helloo,Mummy Maz,
Thank you sooo much it means a lot..you just put a big smile on my face..

Back