• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

spikeykaren said:
Thanks lily took some delcolax 4 days after my op worked well took some more 2 days ago an nothing :( don't want to take another till I'm off work Sunday as you say just feels strange not going but you have put my mind at rest more water for me :)

I took one today after work and it worked in under 4 hours!! Blimy..........better than a colonic!

Can't wait for fooooooddddd............

Shepherds pie, fish pie, mushy peas, scrambled egg drooling now. Roll on tomorrow x

Drinking my milk imagining it's shepherds pie and peas - oh it just isn't working .....

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

After 2 weeks on liquids I made a home made Shepard pie my fella had 4 big serving spoons I had 1 serving spoon with a few peas I could not even manage half of it :)

Hungry feel like I can eat a horse 3 weeks post op an struggling wth I had 4 wetabix this morning good job there's no goodies in the house they would be gone :( is the hunger in my head scared I'm going to slip into old habits not a good day :(

spikeykaren said:
Hungry feel like I can eat a horse 3 weeks post op an struggling wth I had 4 wetabix this morning good job there's no goodies in the house they would be gone :( is the hunger in my head scared I'm going to slip into old habits not a good day :(

Me too Karen, it's scary. I think I could eat just about anything!! I am so scared I will slip back into old habits and it will all have been a waste!

As the swelling goes down and as you lose fat around the stomach, you will lose a bit of restriction, but there is nothing to worry about, small band fills and eating the right band friendly foods with lots of texture will bring that restriction back :D also I have found that as a lady, totm massively affects how hungry you feel and how much restriction you experience. Dont be tempted to be too filled, as it may be great to stop the munchies when hormonal, but crippling when you are not at totm. With all my loss over the last year, there were two weeks of a month when I saw a teeny loss or stall (and I could twice as much food), and then two weeks when I had larger losses. But once you understand the cycles, plan your food choices and expectations around those cycles. That way you will hopefully not fall into bad habits or off the bandwagon!

The op is definitely not a waste ... You just need a wee bit more time to adjusting to life with your new silicone friends. :talk017:

Did you get through the day ok? Hope so x x

I'm managing but not sure if I'm hungry or not or if its my head stopping me eating.

Are you getting enough fluids in? I know its a struggle with not drinking for an hour after eating but I find the more water I drink the less hungry I am.

Still only getting about 800 cals max a day x x

flutterby1966 said:
As the swelling goes down and as you lose fat around the stomach, you will lose a bit of restriction, but there is nothing to worry about, small band fills and eating the right band friendly foods with lots of texture will bring that restriction back :D also I have found that as a lady, totm massively affects how hungry you feel and how much restriction you experience. Dont be tempted to be too filled, as it may be great to stop the munchies when hormonal, but crippling when you are not at totm. With all my loss over the last year, there were two weeks of a month when I saw a teeny loss or stall (and I could twice as much food), and then two weeks when I had larger losses. But once you understand the cycles, plan your food choices and expectations around those cycles. That way you will hopefully not fall into bad habits or off the bandwagon!

The op is definitely not a waste ... You just need a wee bit more time to adjusting to life with your new silicone friends. :talk017:

Thank you flutterby that's just what I needed to hear. The next two weeks re going to be hard as I will have to watch myself around food so much.

Wobbly71 said:
Did you get through the day ok? Hope so x x

I'm managing but not sure if I'm hungry or not or if its my head stopping me eating.

Are you getting enough fluids in? I know its a struggle with not drinking for an hour after eating but I find the more water I drink the less hungry I am.

Still only getting about 800 cals max a day x x

I don't think I am drinking enough fluid, I will up that today. I feel like I ate way too much yesterday and wrong things!

1 weetabix
Half a bowl of chips and homemade coleslaw!
WW fish pie and peas
2 crackers with low fat cheese and pickle
3 glasses of wine!

What was I thinking.........supposed to be on soft only. Seriously berating myself today. It went down just fine, that's the problem!

Thanks flutterby just what I needed to hear suppose I have a long way to go to understand how the band works it doesn't prepare you for the head hunger I think I will need to take up a hobby I can do in the house with the cold dark nights drawing near to take my mind off food. I don't understand when people find out you have had a band fitted they think your a cheat but i find it a lot stricter than any diet I have done up till now :)

I know we are all different and for many banders 800 may work but for me personally 800 calories is too low to make me feel full. C 1100-1200 a day average over a week was my personal optimum for losing 2-3Lbs per week. This meant most often around a thousand, and the odd day up to as much as 2000. So long as my weekly average was ok, I didn't beat myself up over eating the odd less healthy thing. What that did for me, was stop me going on a food bender and self-saboutaging everything. What that did also was help me plan for going out eating when maybe not always the best choices would be available.

What I would advise however is to make sure you stick to your providers guidance, particularly around the food types you should be eating, and no-nos such as gum, fizzy drinks, and possibly limiting portion sizes of pasta, rice, bread, etc. Protein and band friendly foods first, as you are then more likely not to want as much of the less healthy options.

Back