• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am getting 800 a day for now but that's prob with being on mush. When we on solids will be easier to get the 1200 cals in x

Only so much mush a person can eat.

Jax, just be careful I would hate you to do any damage eating the wrong stuff, in the book it says mush consistency of cottage pie. I know its hard would love toast with the scrambled egg and french stick with the soup but this is a life changing diet and we will be thin if we stick with it x

Keep going girls x x

I have kept off the gum an fizzy drinks which to my surprise I have kept to because before my band I would get through 2 2 ltr bottles of diet coke a day an a pack of gum only been out once for something to eat an went to spud you like. Would like to be at the bread an rice stage as I don't like pasta :( guess I have a lot to learn x

We are all still learning .. As providers are different, and their guidance changes over time too xxx. Well done on the gum/fizzy avoidance though!!!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

It will happen, fear not. Just stick with your providers guidance :)

Jax you have lost loads already nearly 2 stone..

It will start shifting again don't worry. Lets face it our bodies don't know what's going on at the minute. Never been this good for this long for years. My bodies just probably waiting for the blip!! It's gonna be disapointed cos it's not coming this time x x

Don't worry Jax I lost nothing for 8 days when we were half way through liquids you will start loosing again soon dear x x

And a big welcome from me too :)

3 weeks post op today lost 21lb in total so I'm a happy girl wanted to go back to Zumba today but advised to leave it another week :( on the plus side need a new uniform for work already pants are falling down an a new clothes starting to appear in my wardrobe an out with the old :)

I'm about 26lbs down but havn't lost anything for about 9 days now. Feeling bloated down below and generally fed up with it. I know it will happen....must learn to be patient but really fed up!!

Don't worry to much Hun an stay off the scales just weigh your self once a week otherwise you will get fixated on the weight an not on your progress which you have done really well on were only out of surgery 3 weeks today an 26lb is really good including your post op. We have found an app that will hopefully help us along the way now so chin up babe your doing really well. X x.x ;)

Hi can I just say that I'm new to this site but this thread is amazing! The three of you are fantastic and it's great to read how different your experiences have been both pre and post op. I have an appointment with THG next week as I'm considering a band and reading this has made me feel a little more relaxed. Please keep posting!! Xx

Welcome slimstar glad you like our posts I only found this sight a week before my band so was already committed then but was considering the band 2 years before I got 1 due to lack of finance but I knew the day of my conciliation that this was the way to go an have no regrets since. All 3 of us had our op in Dolan park an our surgeon was James halstead if that helps you as you can pick your surgeon as you can see by are posts all 3 of us have had our ups and downs but I don't think any of us regret it. If you have any questions feel free to ask I'm sure you will get your answer Hun good luck but I'm sure you won't need it ;) x x

21 lb down well done, I'm geeting weighed again Tuesday before dietician call. Apparently they need up to date weight.

I'm just using scales at work they are more accurate than mine at home. If i breath the wrong way they move lol x

no they do a telephone review on Tuesday then band fill the following Monday 1st October.

Quite pleased cos its about an hour away the clinic so wouldn't fancy going up twice in 2 weeks x x

Someone on here had a telephone call from THG dietician and said it was fine plenty of info.

You are prob just lucky band fill is 4 weeks post op so can do both at the same time x x

Oh I see that is a lot better for you your hospital group clinic is far I am lucky mine is a 15 min drive an even luckier getting both sorted the same day :) will let you no what they say an how much they put in my band which might differ from yours mine is a 10 ml band did you say yours was 14 ml ? X x

Back