• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all ive just been referred by my GP and accepted by weigh ahead my first appointment is in a few weeks to see the nurse , my bmi is 36 and I have hupertension. Im so excited im so fed up of being overweight and sweating all the time etc .. Im in Southampton and wondered if anyone else is too ... I keep daydreaming about being a healthy weight again .. What are people's experiences ? Im already contemplating my life without food in normal qualities ... Well normal for me ... Probably
Large for some ... Any replies welcomed lots of love x

Well done you... Im almost two weeks on from having my band fitted. Im on a liquid diet and I can't wait to eat proper food... Im starving. On the upside I can really notice a difference in my clothes so confident that things will be ok...

Hope everything moves along nice and quick for you.

Sarah

Hello newbie!

Hi all thanks for the comments its great seeing everyone's stories and progress i have such mixed feelings but being a healthy weight again is what I truly want , im so unmotivated to starve myself and excercise and ive spent 18 years being a slave to diets and feeling rubbish about myself that enough is enough im now just shy of 17 stone and 5 ft 7 .. I have told a few close friends and only 1 or 2 support me the others say im cheating and it's drastic to have an op , I hope im accepted for surgery though or I'll be heartbroken .... I hope everything goes well for you with your band Sarah , keep in touch xx ?

Good luck to all the Sarah's :))) Sarah101 how
Long did your whole process take ?? How do you feel about things ?

Bet if feels lovely now the clothes are looser !!!

All the best everyone I hope
To see all
Your progress xxx

Sarah

Good luck to all the Sarah's :))) Sarah101 how
Long did your whole process take ?? How do you feel about things ?

Bet if feels lovely now the clothes are looser !!!

All the best everyone I hope
To see all
Your progress xxx

Sarah

Hi - because I went private it was really quick for me. I was really poorly after the first few days but two weeks on I feel normal again now. I lost a lot of weight leading up to ye op and in the first week but think my body went into starvation mode and I haven't lost too much since.

Having said that, I think my weighing scales are broken so not sure it telling me the right weight.

I'm going to do my weekly weigh in tomorrow and see if I can get them to work.

It does feel good being able to have my clothes for me better but because I'm always a bit up and down with my weight so nobody has really noticed yet. I do want to get to the point where people notice though but hope that will be less than a month away.

Hopefully this will be a relatively painless journey. I am pretty determined to do all I can to make sure I dotn cause any self induced issues with my band... But who knows what the future holds. Xx

hi, i'm with weigh ahead Soton too but I live in Bournemouth, I have my last appointment with the dietitian on Thursday and I am terrified lol. It's been a long hard 6 months of jumping through hoops and working my arse off in the gym along with the constant battle to not eat the crap that tastes soooooo good!!! but I have hit my goal so keeping it all crossed (not easy on a treadmill hahahaha).

Good luck with your journey and I hope you get everything you need. Oh as for the doubters ignore them! you are doing it for you and you alone, you don't need there approval. xxx

He got my first appointment with weigh ahead tier 3 on the 17th August (not long now eek) me still so impatient and excited ... Id have the band done tomorrow if i could
Afford to go privately x good luck everyone keep s updated please it's so good hearing how everyone is progressing xxx

Had my first appointment with deb at weigh ahead she's lovely and very odd looking at all
Your food demons x

Southampton71
Could I please ask what sort of things the appointment with tier 3 entailed? Did they ask you about WLS and whether that's was something you wanted? Or was it not really mentioned and they concentrated on the diet and exercise bit first, do u know how long for and how many appointments you'll have? What was the goal they set you? Sorry for all the questions, I'm nervous as my first app is tmr - any advice would be greatly appreciated (BMI 46)

Hi Vicky sorry I haven't replied sooner I hope
You're well ? X firstly they ask why you're there ie what do want to achieve how
You
Ended up deciding to go the surgery route etc they weigh you and measure you and then talk trough a few things and you'll be given food diary sheets to keep a record of what you eat over the next month x some goal setting and expectations will be discussed .. You'll them meet with the behavioural therapist a few weeks later in my case and then you'll need to make appointments with the exercise people too ... The whole
Point is to slowly and safely help you make behavioural changes and help you adjust to the way you'll have to live after surgery x there is a gastric sleeve support group on fb too and it's very very helpful I love looking after the before and after pics and reading about people's journeys and tips on how
To cope x I hope this helps and hope
To hear from you soon , ?

On and its monthly meetings with the bariatric asesment nurse to monitor your weight loss ... You will be required to lose 10% of your body eight through adjusted eating and some exercise but te are very supportive at weigh ahead ... The course is 6 months absolute minimum and no way to speed it up ( I have asked lol ) it sounds a big deal but small weekly changes to your eating and sonar exercise will help you towards your goals ... I haven't lost much weight and I keep eating stuff I shouldn't ... But I know if I don't inwont get surgery and my health will suffer more x BMI 36 with high BP I need to lose 11 kg before February (I lost half a kilo in a month ?) not good enough at all ... X

On and its monthly meetings with the bariatric asesment nurse to monitor your weight loss ... You will be required to lose 10% of your body eight through adjusted eating and some exercise but te are very supportive at weigh ahead ... The course is 6 months absolute minimum and no way to speed it up ( I have asked lol ) it sounds a big deal but small weekly changes to your eating and sonar exercise will help you towards your goals ... I haven't lost much weight and I keep eating stuff I shouldn't ... But I know if I don't inwont get surgery and my health will suffer more x BMI 36 with high BP I need to lose 11 kg before February (I lost half a kilo in a month ?) not good enough at all ... X

Hi Southampton71, I'm under Spire Soton and have completed tier 3 in July just spoken to medical secretary today and have an appointment beginning of October to see consultant and nurse to talk about options. It's been a long haul but it's a beneficial route to take as it prepares you gradually.

Oooh exciting times for
You then ? good luck and keep us updated x

I'm advised that I should have wls before Xmas

Back