• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Tummy Tuck Diary (Pics Included)

Photos look amazing hun. Ooh I'm getting excited If I look like you 2 weeks post op I'll be well chuffed.

Hi poppy, just a quick question really. where did you get your control pants from?? lol (& how much were they?)

They look quite comfortable and not too restrictive, I want to go shopping before xmas so that my case is all packed n ready for my op on Jan 6th.

Fab pics by the way, your midline scar is fading so quickly, you must be really pleased xxx

Hi poppy, just a quick question really. where did you get your control pants from?? lol (& how much were they?)

They look quite comfortable and not too restrictive, I want to go shopping before xmas so that my case is all packed n ready for my op on Jan 6th.

Fab pics by the way, your midline scar is fading so quickly, you must be really pleased xxx

Thanks chick! I am really pleased. I'm using Bio-Oil and taking Bromelain supplements at the moment so maybe that's helping.

I got my control pants from an eBay seller called jamarktrading who seemed to be selling lots of them but I have just checked and they don't have any more listed. I only bought two pairs and they are a lot better than all the others I'm using. I paid about a fiver for each pair. Maybe you could contact them and see if they have any more to list.

Failing that, Peacocks have some fantastic shapewear in at the moment. I got a pair of knickers for £4 and they are firm and high enough to allow me to go without my abdobinder but I bought them too small and they dig into my thighs. If I got the size up they'd be perfect.

I bet you're ever so excited now aren't you. Not long now! ;)
xx

Thanks I'll have a look and see what i can find. I'm going to buy some bio-oil, apparently costco sell 2 large bottles for £20! When can you start applying it? do you have to wait for the wound to heal 1st?

I am sooooooooooooooo excited I am literally counting down the days! 3weeks Friday 'til my pre-op..... makes it seem closer when i think of it like that hehehehe

You milk it!!!!! LOL x

But yeah i blummin do think your brave!!!!! if there was no pain involved i'd have it done PMSL... I'm a wuss!!!

Awwww really? I take it you've got no tattoos then. ;)

Joking aside though, it's not anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be and I'd have been prepared to have gone through worse to get rid of my old tum. Does your tummy make you really unhappy or is it bearable?
x

Photos look amazing hun. Ooh I'm getting excited If I look like you 2 weeks post op I'll be well chuffed.

Thanks so much hun! I'm sure you will look fab after 2 wks if you take really good care of yourself in the run up to the op and after it. Plenty of sleep, minimal stress, good nutrition, no alcohol, smoking, etc. I'm really recommending Bromelain to everyone now too because I'm sure it's helping me to heal quickly. And I only discovered it post-op so if you start taking it a month before, even better.

Thanks again for the lovely compliments hun. Every time I log in I'm blushing because it's been so many years since I've been complimented on my tummy!
xx

Thanks I'll have a look and see what i can find. I'm going to buy some bio-oil, apparently costco sell 2 large bottles for £20! When can you start applying it? do you have to wait for the wound to heal 1st?

I am sooooooooooooooo excited I am literally counting down the days! 3weeks Friday 'til my pre-op..... makes it seem closer when i think of it like that hehehehe

Oooooh that's a bargain! And you can apply it all over your tummy to help ease the sensation of the tightened skin and tone down your stretch marks. They say you need to use it a while before you really notice a difference in stretch marks though. Ooooh and yes you should wait until the wound has healed sufficiently because it could irritate it and cause infection.

3 weeks Friday does sound better doesn't it. You go girl! I can't wait to hear about your results. I get all excited for everyone on here when they talk about their approaching surgery. You're going to feel so much much better about yourself. Like a new woman!
xx

Quick update... the calorie counting I've been doing for 2 days in a bid to not gain any more weight while I'm out of action has paid off - I've actually got back to my pre-op weight so I wonder if it was fluid retention. I went out for a walk too in town yesterday before I went to see my GP so that may have helped. She's advised it's ok to do some gentle exercise on the stationary bike now. Woohoo! :D Oh and she says there is no conclusive evidence to suggest that these scar treatments like Dermatix work and advised me to carry on with Bio-Oil.
xx

Hi Poppy

Still looking amazing I see - and you've got a great waist now haven't you - it's amazing to see how much the swelling has gone down

I took my before pics before going into hospital but wont get any after pics or at least a week as they've sent me home with my binder on and wounds wrapped up like a mummy with surgical tape etc and told me not to take it off for any reason until first appt next tuesday - I'm desperate to see what my tummy (and belly button) looks like and the anticipation is killing me.

I can see from the binder that my tummy is flat but to be honest the binder is so tight I think if they had put that on my old tummy I would have had a flat tummy

Roll on tuesday!!

Hi Poppy

Still looking amazing I see - and you've got a great waist now haven't you - it's amazing to see how much the swelling has gone down

I took my before pics before going into hospital but wont get any after pics or at least a week as they've sent me home with my binder on and wounds wrapped up like a mummy with surgical tape etc and told me not to take it off for any reason until first appt next tuesday - I'm desperate to see what my tummy (and belly button) looks like and the anticipation is killing me.

I can see from the binder that my tummy is flat but to be honest the binder is so tight I think if they had put that on my old tummy I would have had a flat tummy

Roll on tuesday!!

Thanks chick! And there is still some swelling/bruising plus I have more fluid building up so I guess there is going to be further improvement in the future. Although I am as happy as Larry with the result at the mo.

Gosh! The suspense would be killing me if I were in your shoes. I wonder if the after care instructions vary from surgeon to surgeon or from private to NHS. Or maybe it differs depending on how it went for the individual.

My surgeon wanted my dressing off after 1 day and wanted me showering. He used glue as opposed to stitches to close my wound so maybe that had something to do with it.

My corset doesn't sound as tight and uncomfortable as what everyone else on here describes theirs as.

Mine is just like a really firm but stretchy bandage with a velcro fastening, also used for lumbar support.

Anyway hun. Don't worry, be patient. Your surgeon knows best and the wait will be worth it. It might even be a good thing to not see it when it's healing/recovering. I felt like a Frankenstein experiment for the first couple of days. My belly button looked terrible and I thought there was no way it could ever look like a normal one but look at it now.

So glad you're feeling great chick. If you feel like this now, just imagine how you'll feel come summer!!! :D
xx

reading your stories makes me so excited for my op, I just can't wait. My xmas is coming a couple of weeks late this year LOL!! No present could live up to that feeling i'll have after my op, aand knowing my belly is GONE!!!!

Awwww bless ya darlin! What a great start to the new year hey?
xx

:confused: Wow! I've just received a negative on my reputation for my first post on this thread which has really suprised me but I guess that's just proof of the controversy caused by NHS tummy tucks. It's a shame the person that disagrees was not happy to leave a comment or their name or even post on here about what it is they disagree with. Oh well. I've had lots of positive private messages about the thread as well as several pos reps and so I know it's helped a handful of others which is all that counts.

I don't see what could possibly be interpretted as negative about any of the posts in this thread. I've found it really informative of an individuals journey through the whole process. It's not like you're saying everyone should do it!

Just pay no attention Poppy, me and many others are thrilled that you started this thread, and with the many posts that have followed.

xx

Hi girls, just wondered. Post-op how did you sleep? do you need to keep your knees bent so's not to strain the wound? Or is it possible to lie flat on your back?

:confused: Wow! I've just received a negative on my reputation for my first post on this thread which has really suprised me but I guess that's just proof of the controversy caused by NHS tummy tucks. It's a shame the person that disagrees was not happy to leave a comment or their name or even post on here about what it is they disagree with. Oh well. I've had lots of positive private messages about the thread as well as several pos reps and so I know it's helped a handful of others which is all that counts.

ignore the neg hun, this thread has helped loads of people and thats all that matters xx

Hi girls, just wondered. Post-op how did you sleep? do you need to keep your knees bent so's not to strain the wound? Or is it possible to lie flat on your back?

My consultant told me not to sleep flat on my back with my knees straight to begin with as i'd be pulling on the skin and wound.

I slept with pillows under my knees on my back for about 10 days and have now slowly progressed to spending half the night on my back (pillows under knees) and the other half on my side knees bent and on a pillow to try and bring them more level with my hips.

Staying on my back to long gives me backache and sleeping on my side to long makes my scar/hip bone sore lol so i have to alternate between the two.

I'm not sleeping brilliantly atm because i get so achy and uncomfortable, i'm just grabbing a few hrs here and there rather than sleeping the whole night like i used to.
My drs just prescribed some sedatives to try and help me get some better sleep so fingers crossed for tonight!

Poppy - ignore the negative rep - what a strange thing to happen - i found this thread both inspiring and reassuring in the run up to my op and your support has been brilliant - I don't understand why anyone can object to people having the op on the NHS - I had mine private coz I'm impatient but frankly I admire anyone who goes through the nhs process as it takes dedication and patience (virtues i just don't possess).

TrimT - I seem to be having a fairly easy time of my recovery but in terms of sleep I sleep better each and every night and last night (4 nights post op) I slept for 10 hours and was able to change positions throughout the night (albeit slowly) - I even spent a couple of hours asleep lying flat on my tummy, I mainly sleep on my side with my legs bent a little - I couldn't sleep on my back pre op and it's no different post op but nothing to do with the op

I'm starting to worry that my recovery has been so easy compared to everyone else (no pain killers, good mobility, fine with sleep) that he hasn't pulled my skin tight enough and that when they unwrap me on tuesday I'm going to be disappointed - arghhh - the only other thing I can think is that my surgeon seems to have been different to others in that I have to keep the dressings, compression garment etc on for 7 days. The disadvantage of that is no shower for a week and I still haven't seen the results but maybe the advantage is that it makes recovery easier - who knows!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence girls. Your comments have put my mind at ease. :)

Trim T - For the first few days in hospital I had no choice but to sleep on my back which was hard for me because I always sleep curled up on my side. I couldn't take up my usual position but I think it may have also had a lot to do with the upper ab repair I had done.

I had broken sleep in hospital - also because I'm a light sleeper and there was always something going to make me stir. When I arrived home I was able to resume my usual position and that night I slept blissfully like a baby! :)

Lou - I've just replied to your thread about your easy recovery so won't bore you with repetition but generally saying not to worry - you are doing great and the results tomorrow are going to be so sweet. Make sure you log straight on to let us know how you feel when they reveal your tum. The suspense is killing me!!! :D

Thought everyone might also like to know that I'm feeling much more mobile now. I am running up the stairs, reaching, stretching, climbing on chairs to spring clean the cupboards etc. Actually, I've been doing loads and have worried if I'm doing too much too soon but my GP told me to just listen to my body and do whatever I think I'm capable of but stop the minute it seems too much.

I had a massive spurt of energy a few days ago and went crazy with my activity levels but it didn't affect my tummy, it just made my thighs feel like I'd had a good gym session the following day.

xx

Hi poppypoo, long time no post i'm afraid (whole family been wiped with the tummy bug!). Just needed to say i'm speechless at your pics - you look tiny!!!!!!!!! You must feel so proud and amazing. I was supposed to have my abdominals stitched back in Dec but no date came through so I guess it'll be new year for me now. They only give 2 wks notice but do you mind me asking how many days post op could you atart lifting (if at all)? My youngest is approaching 1yr old and obviously it's gonna be hard not holding the kids for too long but i'm also aware of being very careful not to overdo it and cause infection.... Your waist looks so small - ther is a vast difference between your before and after pics. Well done. I'm so glad you posted this journey. Thanks

Back