• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

North tees newbie

Tangled

Hi
I'm new to the forum, but started on the pathway in sept 2013. I have battled with my weight since I was a teenager and I'm really happy to now get some help and support. I've so far attended a seminar and secondary weigh in with the bariatric nurse and reviewed my diet with the dietician.
I'm back at NT on 21 Jan where I hope to be listed for surgery, and advised what procedure they have Decided will be best for me.
I understand I have to have a camera down my throat 1st... Which I'm more scared of than surgery as I believe I will be awake. Can anyone clarify this explain how it felt.

Just wanted to pop by and say hi :)
Sorry I can't help you as I'm only just starting out. Hope someone else can help you x

Hello and welcome! I never had a camera, but I know there are plenty of people on here who have. Good luck:)

Hi I'm new to the forum, but started on the pathway in sept 2013. I have battled with my weight since I was a teenager and I'm really happy to now get some help and support. I've so far attended a seminar and secondary weigh in with the bariatric nurse and reviewed my diet with the dietician. I'm back at NT on 21 Jan where I hope to be listed for surgery, and advised what procedure they have Decided will be best for me. I understand I have to have a camera down my throat 1st... Which I'm more scared of than surgery as I believe I will be awake. Can anyone clarify this explain how it felt. Thanks:)
Hi tangled, I had the camera down at Sunderland they can sedate you if you wish but prefer to do it by just numbing your throat, it is uncomfortable I won't lie but the team are great just keep yourself relaxed, the procedure takes around 10 mins, I suffered with a little chest and shoulder pain for about 24hrs afterwards but think that was because I was so tense. The good thing is that was the last step on my journey to surgery, 10 weeks later i had my op. Good luck

Hi, not sure about the camera but i'm about the same way along the journey as you 2014 will be great1

Hello , had that too but in a different procedure related to stomach issue way before my surgery by months but I was under anesthesia. so didn't feel a thing

Good Luck and welcome

Thanks for the reassurance guys, it will all be worth it. I'm on countdown now til my next hosp date on 21st. Hoping for a date, I've been told the list is quite short at the moment xx

Hi tangled, I had the camera down at Sunderland they can sedate you if you wish but prefer to do it by just numbing your throat, it is uncomfortable I won't lie but the team are great just keep yourself relaxed, the procedure takes around 10 mins, I suffered with a little chest and shoulder pain for about 24hrs afterwards but think that was because I was so tense. The good thing is that was the last step on my journey to surgery, 10 weeks later i had my op. Good luck
It's starting to feel exciting now! How are you getting on post surgery x

Hi tangled. I work at north tees. They have a fab team. Sara the nurse is really nice! Good luck x

Hi tangled
Had my bypass at north tees and was scared to death of the endoscopy tho wasnt really worried about the surgery at all. I asked for the sedation when my appointment came thru and dont really remember the procedure at all. For a few days after my throat was a bit sore but it was like a very vague dream.

Hope everything goes well for you on the 21st :)

Hi tangled Had my bypass at north tees and was scared to death of the endoscopy tho wasnt really worried about the surgery at all. I asked for the sedation when my appointment came thru and dont really remember the procedure at all. For a few days after my throat was a bit sore but it was like a very vague dream. Hope everything goes well for you on the 21st :)

Thanks Hun I didn't realise you could ask for sedation. I'm a big wuss!
When was your surgery? How has the weight loss gone Hun?
Was you home after 2 days as I understood? I'm hoping for as minimum times way from my 2 year old daughter x

Back