• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

kimberly did you see you have your height as 13' 6" ????

Audra you sounding really well I'm so pleased for you as you had a rough start . I'm finding this next stage more difficult , forgetting to drink as much as I should . But I'm trying different foods , fish seems to work ATM . Just been out to Albert road , drank water in the pub , but that's cool and very cheep . Went with friends for a curry , that wasn't so good tried a salmon tikka which got stuck , and tried spin age and potatoes . I think it was a step too far , and was a bit sick . Still quite proud of my self for trying ,[/QUOTE

Well done, brave to try. We really are a cheap date now aren't we. :) I over ate on a thinker slop yesterday. Had heavy chest and had to stop not nausea but the food coming up. So learnt a lesson thinker fluid, less volume. Otherwise I'm happy with how it is going and sounds like utility should be. Little steps and we'll both get there. Looking forward to out coffee in the new year x

Audra your doing fantastic , how long have they signed you off work , don't hurry back to fast you have had a rough journey .[/QUOTE haven't gone a note yet. My GP said to have what I like so I'll probably go for 3-4 weeks. I'm calling him tomorrow. X

I feel so sorry for you it must be like torture :(

It is. I don't really have much choice though. I should be eating solids now and it's frustrating I can't have anything but a bit of water.

But hey, we know the risks when we have it done. I'm just grumpy!

Hey guys, ive been reading up on Nicola's story but I dont know what a stricture is so have been silent with no advice to give. I hope you get better soon hun.

Ive been trying alot of new foods and have found that I can no longer stomach pig.. roast pork, bacon, sausages, gammon, it all gets stuck and comes straight back up no matter how much i chew. Pastry and doughy things are a no no. Even tried some milk jelly and felt nauseous. Has the runs a couple of days after my xmas dinner and an orlistat poo (sorry TMI) if anyone has had orlistat you'll know what thats like :/ Not weighed myself since before Christmas so duno whats going on but my dreads probably weigh a couple of pound lol

ForumRunner_20131229_121116.jpg

Been a very busy Christmas. My 2 year old has loved it!!! Not had much time to come on here. Hope everyone is doing well. You'll get through this Nicola :)

Hey guys, ive been reading up on Nicola's story but I dont know what a stricture is so have been silent with no advice to give. I hope you get better soon hun. Ive been trying alot of new foods and have found that I can no longer stomach pig.. roast pork, bacon, sausages, gammon, it all gets stuck and comes straight back up no matter how much i chew. Pastry and doughy things are a no no. Even tried some milk jelly and felt nauseous. Has the runs a couple of days after my xmas dinner and an orlistat poo (sorry TMI) if anyone has had orlistat you'll know what thats like :/ Not weighed myself since before Christmas so duno whats going on but my dreads probably weigh a couple of pound lol Been a very busy Christmas. My 2 year old has loved it!!! Not had much time to come on here. Hope everyone is doing well. You'll get through this Nicola :)

Thanks Flick. You look lovely. But then you're a very pretty lady regardless of weight!

A stricture is when the hole between pouch and intestine gets blocked with scar tissue. It should be the size of a fingertip but can become the size of a pinhole. They think it's this but still not 100 % awaiting tests! X

Hey guys, ive been reading up on Nicola's story but I dont know what a stricture is so have been silent with no advice to give. I hope you get better soon hun. Ive been trying alot of new foods and have found that I can no longer stomach pig.. roast pork, bacon, sausages, gammon, it all gets stuck and comes straight back up no matter how much i chew. Pastry and doughy things are a no no. Even tried some milk jelly and felt nauseous. Has the runs a couple of days after my xmas dinner and an orlistat poo (sorry TMI) if anyone has had orlistat you'll know what thats like :/ Not weighed myself since before Christmas so duno whats going on but my dreads probably weigh a couple of pound lol Been a very busy Christmas. My 2 year old has loved it!!! Not had much time to come on here. Hope everyone is doing well. You'll get through this Nicola :)

Your looking great Flick! When you going to weigh yourself again?

Hey guys, ive been reading up on Nicola's story but I dont know what a stricture is so have been silent with no advice to give. I hope you get better soon hun.

Ive been trying alot of new foods and have found that I can no longer stomach pig.. roast pork, bacon, sausages, gammon, it all gets stuck and comes straight back up no matter how much i chew. Pastry and doughy things are a no no. Even tried some milk jelly and felt nauseous. Has the runs a couple of days after my xmas dinner and an orlistat poo (sorry TMI) if anyone has had orlistat you'll know what thats like :/ Not weighed myself since before Christmas so duno whats going on but my dreads probably weigh a couple of pound lol

View attachment 11044

Been a very busy Christmas. My 2 year old has loved it!!! Not had much time to come on here. Hope everyone is doing well. You'll get through this Nicola :)

Strange isn't how we all differ yesterday I had a "cooked breakfast" with was the eye of a bacon rasher 1 tinned tom and 1/4 of a scrambled egg :)

I bet you will have lost a fair bit when you do weigh.

Thanks Flick. You look lovely. But then you're a very pretty lady regardless of weight!

A stricture is when the hole between pouch and intestine gets blocked with scar tissue. It should be the size of a fingertip but can become the size of a pinhole. They think it's this but still not 100 % awaiting tests! X

Oh my goodness :( That sounds so bad! Is the only way to rectify this, to have more surgery? Its shocking how your team have treated you :( Do you know when you're having tests done? x

Audra, well my friends who live over the road let me use their wii to weigh myself but they had their baby on the 22nd :) so ive not been able to weigh in. I hope I have lost bust after my measley 1lb-loss-in-a-week last time im not feeling very optimistic :/

Butterfly I know! I was so glad when I was able to eat the chocolate yule log I made. A tiny amount granted but thinking I could never have sugar again. Dont mind trading a sausage for that :p

Audra, well my friends who live over the road let me use their wii to weigh myself but they had their baby on the 22nd :) so ive not been able to weigh in. I hope I have lost bust after my measley 1lb-loss-in-a-week last time im not feeling very optimistic :/ Butterfly I know! I was so glad when I was able to eat the chocolate yule log I made. A tiny amount granted but thinking I could never have sugar again. Dont mind trading a sausage for that :p

Have you been able to get out walking much? I did 30 mins this morning almost killed me but did it! Stomach felt really tight and legs were like jelly when I got back. We are all going to have weeks when the weight won't move but it's a long game. Try not yo get down hearted. It will go down! We will reach our size 14!!! Together. X

Have you been able to get out walking much? I did 30 mins this morning almost killed me but did it! Stomach felt really tight and legs were like jelly when I got back. We are all going to have weeks when the weight won't move but it's a long game. Try not yo get down hearted. It will go down! We will reach our size 14!!! Together. X

Not really, I cant leave the house on my own. Even struggle when my sons with me. Get scared and end up having like panic attack symptoms, feel sick and end up in tears. Its down to my depression. So leaving the house daily to walk is a no go when hubby is at work!

Just weighed myself on my sisters scales. Ive only lost 4lbs in 3 weeks. Gutted. Absolutely gutted! :'( :'( :'(
Will my PCOS be having an effect on my rubbish loss? Im not trying to make an excuse but I need a reason as to why my loss is ***** compared to others. 7 weeks post op not even 2 1/2st gone :(

Hey flick :)
I wouldn't worry too much I'm not quite at 2 and a half stone gone yet either, and we had the op on the same day :-( I had 4 weeks of gaining and losing the same 2 pounds, but this week I've lost 4 so think I must be on the move again. I did notice that during the 4 weeks my body changed quite a bit even if the scales didn't, by stomach shrank and a waist appeared, but when my stomach started to bloat again that was when the weight started to come off! So I think my body only likes to remove fat from my stomach! But I think the stall may have been my body trying to cope with solids again and my PCOS all messing things up, but I knew there would be a few stalls along the way. But just think that you've lost nearly 2.5 stone in under 2 months! :)

Hiya :) You dont know how much better I feel knowing im not alone with this! Its fantastic hearing other people's staggering losses but I feel im lagging behind with it all.
I would never have dreamt I could lose this amount in such a short time frame. I couldn't lose full stop but it still doesnt FEEL like anything is happening. Ya know? I still have so much to lose. Like 10 stone! More if I go on my BMI...

I can see a loss on my face, around my top tummy. One of my hips has shrunk a lil bit and I have shrivelly boobs :( I was in the bath yesterday and I can pinch the slighlty loose skin on my thighs, boobs and tummy. Its shifting somewhere. Just wish the scales would tell me smaller numbers. Much smaller numbers!

Do you know if PCOS has an adverse effect on our rate of loss?

Back