• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

Me too - have come a cropper a few times and ended up in excruciating pain as a result - that's definitely an incentive to slow down :)

I ended up seeing my dinner twice the other night. It's deffo made me slow down. Not completely but a lot!!! :( xx

Agh. Mizkirsty. Its horrible isn't it. Only happened once to me but defo proves the need to try to eat slower. Hope u feel better now x

Hello all. I hope you are all well. It is very quiet on this thread.

I cannot sleep. Since we moved I have not had a full nights sleep. Not sure why. Just cannot seem to settle here. It does not feel like home:cry:

I am making very slow progress food wise. I am not worrying too much about it. My body will adjust eventually - I am letting it find it's own pace. I should be on soft foods but I am still having thicker soups mostly. I have also struggled in terms of not drinking enough water although I have been making more of an effort this week and started drinking NAS squash again.

I am so tired which is my biggest problem. I have my first post op appointment later this morning. It will be interesting to see what I weigh.

Best wishes

TBx

Morning everyone - hope everyone is well and not struggling too much....well I've been very quiet lately so apologies but I've had a lot going on and have been reading posts but haven't had the time to reply to any...

I'm feeling quite down at the moment and I'm not sure why, I do suffer from depression, anxiety and PTSD but its not the cause of this - the reason is I ended up in A&E on Christmas Eve as I had been throwing up blood (I can't remember if I posted on here or not). Anyway long story short - the bloods and check came back ok and I was told to take it easy which I did. In total Christmas week weigh in I lost 8lbs which is a mega amount and I was very surprised (and pleased) and the following two weeks I stayed the same - which I guess was my body compensating for a big loss.

Today is weigh in again and I've lost another 5lbs which is still a fair whack in my opinion! The issue is (and don't get me wrong I'm thrilled at the loss) but I'm worried that I'm having a fair few big losses now. My starting weight was 20st4lb and I'm now 16st9lb meaning a loss of 3st9lb since the sleeve on 7th November...

My issue is I'm having a lot of stomach pain and I can't really describe it...it's not a constipation pain, period pain or a pain like a pulled muscle (I've started the gym and back playing roller derby) but I've stopped the exercise for a week to see if it settles but it isn't. I had a post op check up on Monday and they didn't seem to worried but it was so bad by Wednesday that I went to my GP. They have increased the post op meds slightly (omeprazole as I couldn't tolerate the lansaprazol) but it hasn't eased...I'm thinking I should phone up my provider again and speak to them - the pain has been there pretty much since I was in A&E and I have a LOT of restriction when eating now, so I have to force food down me as well as nausea as well...drinks (water and the 1 coffe a day) don't seem to be a problem.

Sorry for the long post - I just needed to get it out there...

Hello all. I hope you are all well. It is very quiet on this thread. I cannot sleep. Since we moved I have not had a full nights sleep. Not sure why. Just cannot seem to settle here. It does not feel like home:cry: I am making very slow progress food wise. I am not worrying too much about it. My body will adjust eventually - I am letting it find it's own pace. I should be on soft foods but I am still having thicker soups mostly. I have also struggled in terms of not drinking enough water although I have been making more of an effort this week and started drinking NAS squash again. I am so tired which is my biggest problem. I have my first post op appointment later this morning. It will be interesting to see what I weigh. Best wishes TBx
sorry hun you are still struggling but your getting there slowly than expected which must be a slight improvement it will come TB. Sorry about your move again myst be so hard for you and mr TB . You are prob tired from lack if your calorie in take and don't gorget stress can make you feel that way too! I hope everything will come together soon. Sorry for being quiet went back to work this week shattered! Im on 2-10 pm today i better get up! Lol big hugs T B x

Morning everyone - hope everyone is well and not struggling too much....well I've been very quiet lately so apologies but I've had a lot going on and have been reading posts but haven't had the time to reply to any... I'm feeling quite down at the moment and I'm not sure why, I do suffer from depression, anxiety and PTSD but its not the cause of this - the reason is I ended up in A&E on Christmas Eve as I had been throwing up blood (I can't remember if I posted on here or not). Anyway long story short - the bloods and check came back ok and I was told to take it easy which I did. In total Christmas week weigh in I lost 8lbs which is a mega amount and I was very surprised (and pleased) and the following two weeks I stayed the same - which I guess was my body compensating for a big loss. Today is weigh in again and I've lost another 5lbs which is still a fair whack in my opinion! The issue is (and don't get me wrong I'm thrilled at the loss) but I'm worried that I'm having a fair few big losses now. My starting weight was 20st4lb and I'm now 16st9lb meaning a loss of 3st9lb since the sleeve on 7th November... My issue is I'm having a lot of stomach pain and I can't really describe it...it's not a constipation pain, period pain or a pain like a pulled muscle (I've started the gym and back playing roller derby) but I've stopped the exercise for a week to see if it settles but it isn't. I had a post op check up on Monday and they didn't seem to worried but it was so bad by Wednesday that I went to my GP. They have increased the post op meds slightly (omeprazole as I couldn't tolerate the lansaprazol) but it hasn't eased...I'm thinking I should phone up my provider again and speak to them - the pain has been there pretty much since I was in A&E and I have a LOT of restriction when eating now, so I have to force food down me as well as nausea as well...drinks (water and the 1 coffe a day) don't seem to be a problem. Sorry for the long post - I just needed to get it out there...
Hi Vic sorry you also had s bad time may be the stomach thing is just things basically settling down don't forget its still early days for us Nov peeps. They say it takes between 3-6mths for everything to settle down. But keep an eye on it and immediately report sudden change or intensity in pain . I also get depressed and find Jan / feb the worse times for me sometimes! And you know that when you feel ill it makes you feel worse too. Well done on gym im going to and it does make me feel a tad better in my self. So well done with weight loss i wouldn't worry about the loss we are all different you may find you will lose a lit then have stalls like me i lost then had a long stall then started losing again this week after nearly 3 wks staying the same but like you say its our bodies adjusting to the loss etc . Big hugs hun and hope you feel more your self soon soon xxx

Vixter101 is the pain your having traceable by that I mean when you have the pain can you draw a line of it, this is hard to explain could you do a zig zag line with your finger. Is it in what I now call my lower stomach, we have all held our stomach just above the pubic area ( I have a bad stomach pain) but in fact we now all know our stomach is just under the rib cage. Because when I need to go to the loo which only happens every now and then and as I'm going ( this is too much info but needed to make my point) I can all most trace it moving down and it painful, not the oh I need to go I'm consternated. It's like things are being twisted. Other question are you taking anything for the pain and does it relieve it. Have you tried I know I keep going on about this but peppermint oil, not tea but oil, you can put in as much ad you want or as little and it helps tummy pain :)

Hi Vic sorry you also had s bad time may be the stomach thing is just things basically settling down don't forget its still early days for us Nov peeps. They say it takes between 3-6mths for everything to settle down. But keep an eye on it and immediately report sudden change or intensity in pain . I also get depressed and find Jan / feb the worse times for me sometimes! And you know that when you feel ill it makes you feel worse too. Well done on gym im going to and it does make me feel a tad better in my self. So well done with weight loss i wouldn't worry about the loss we are all different you may find you will lose a lit then have stalls like me i lost then had a long stall then started losing again this week after nearly 3 wks staying the same but like you say its our bodies adjusting to the loss etc . Big hugs hun and hope you feel more your self soon soon xxx

Thanks Sharona - I have no idea what the pain is but it has definitely intensified over the past couple of days...as for the weight loss, I've only stalled on two occassions and that was only for 1 week in the first instance (second week post op) and then for the past 2 weeks...just surprised that it's still coming off in such huge quantities when I was expecting 1-2lb each week but I'm not complaining...Just hope I sort the pain out and I can get back on to going to the gym and skating...hope you are feeling a bit better now - I think you are doing marvesously x

Vixter101 is the pain your having traceable by that I mean when you have the pain can you draw a line of it, this is hard to explain could you do a zig zag line with your finger. Is it in what I now call my lower stomach, we have all held our stomach just above the pubic area ( I have a bad stomach pain) but in fact we now all know our stomach is just under the rib cage. Because when I need to go to the loo which only happens every now and then and as I'm going ( this is too much info but needed to make my point) I can all most trace it moving down and it painful, not the oh I need to go I'm consternated. It's like things are being twisted. Other question are you taking anything for the pain and does it relieve it. Have you tried I know I keep going on about this but peppermint oil, not tea but oil, you can put in as much ad you want or as little and it helps tummy pain :)

The pain is definitely in my "upper stomach" i.e. above the line of my belly button. On the whole it is constant on the left hand side but it occassionally moves to the middle and right. Aside from the constant pain I occassionally get the shooting pain which can double me over at times. I'm taking paracetamol for the pain - tried to cope without it but it isn't happening now so I've had to succumb. I've moved back onto a liquid diet for the moment to see if that helps too and confirmed that with my provider who has booked me in for a check up on monday so not too long to wait. If it gets worse over the weekend, I've been told to go to A&E to get checked out so its a waiting game. It maybe that its healing, or it maybe something else given the issue of throwing up blood. I'm hurting now as she had me prodding my stomach whilst talking to them on the phone and parts are quite hard and I can feel ridges but no "lumps" as such...just gotta wait and see and ride out the pain but its so hard...changed my sitting position in the office but all I want to do is :cry:bad times

oh dear poor you. It might be heartburn, I think its a common side effect. Good to hear you girls are doing ok.

I made three stone off this week, feeling fantastic I look great. Now three more to go

:)

Sorry your still suffering but hopefully you'll get some kind of answer on Monday, will be thinking of you just take it easy over the weekend. I was hoping it was something simple like poo moving down and out keep your chin up :)

Hi ladies sorry some of you have been poorly. Myself not poorly but im on a majorrrrr stall :( can't seemm to dig out of it.

Trying to keep positive! However its hard xxx

It's normal to have stalls along the way, I guess it's your body's way of regrouping after the significant major loss after surgery. Frustrating though it is just persevere and stay positive, it will move again eventually!!

Hi ladies sorry some of you have been poorly. Myself not poorly but im on a majorrrrr stall :( can't seemm to dig out of it. Trying to keep positive! However its hard xxx
Hi Gweni how are you my love? I too was on a stall for three whole weeks its so frustrating isn't it I'm sure it will move soon hun! X

Hi Gweni how are you my love? I too was on a stall for three whole weeks its so frustrating isn't it I'm sure it will move soon hun! X

I agree with everyone stalls and are part of the process. I should change my user name to stall queen lol they do pass and you will continue to loose. I know its not easy to hear as i still get moody when i stall but all the great advice i got from everyone was true and has helped very much. one thing someone told me once was to have faith in the process and it really stuck with me.

Thats good to hear Annette. I've also been stalling Gweni. And getting fed up with it. I'm keeping with the exercise and have gone back to writing down everything I eat on myfitnespal. I figure I must be eating something I shouldn't! Hopefully keeping track will help.

Is anyone counting calories? I'm
Limiting myself to a max of 1200 which usually means about 900/1000 net calories after exercise. Does that sound about right?

Thats good to hear Annette. I've also been stalling Gweni. And getting fed up with it. I'm keeping with the exercise and have gone back to writing down everything I eat on myfitnespal. I figure I must be eating something I shouldn't! Hopefully keeping track will help.

Is anyone counting calories? I'm
Limiting myself to a max of 1200 which usually means about 900/1000 net calories after exercise. Does that sound about right?

I have always been under where i should be. The highest i have reached in a day is 900 calories. Never did the in and out intake as i know my numbers would drop too low. Was told once that my stalls stem from my body going into starvation mode and to up my calories.

Back