• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

Sorry to hear some of you November guys are still struggling :-(

Hope things improve for you and those stalling get some good weight loss soon xxx

yes sorry to hear you are still struggling. I am happy i have lost four more pounds over the past ten days and left my husband talk about life changes.

yes sorry to hear you are still struggling. I am happy i have lost four more pounds over the past ten days and left my husband talk about life changes.

Wow weeb!! Hope you're ok!!!! I'm sure it's a brilliant decision but must be hard. Sending hugs. You're so strong to be doing all this at the same time as trying to get healthy. Healthy in all ways, perhaps?? Xxx

Hey fellow November peeps! How's everyone doing?
I hit 8 wk post op Mark this week - 7 stone gone in total! Only another ten to go lol but it's going!

Hope everyone is keeping ok and the struggles you were all having are getting easier xxx

Wow!! Congratulations??!!?? I hope this is the start of a happier new you x

Hey fellow November peeps! How's everyone doing? I hit 8 wk post op Mark this week - 7 stone gone in total! Only another ten to go lol but it's going! Hope everyone is keeping ok and the struggles you were all having are getting easier xxx

Well done - 7 stone gone already? Wow! Wow! Wow! That's amazing :) you're well on the way!

Hi everyone! Well, having had relatively small losses week by week I got on the scales this morning and I've lost 4 lbs since Tuesday! I think being back at work and having to be more organised around food has helped plus I've gone back to Zumba and started the C25K thing along with Maggy

Hope everyone is doing ok x

Small loses here too. And on some days it drives me crazy. But loses overall so I should be happy, right? Pippa and I are doing this mad running thing and surprisingly I'm enjoying it. I've always loved those books where the heroine eats donuts and crap and gets rid of it all with a shambolic 5 mile run. Now if I ever make it to 5 miles I deserve donuts! ;0)

Hey fellow November peeps! How's everyone doing? I hit 8 wk post op Mark this week - 7 stone gone in total! Only another ten to go lol but it's going! Hope everyone is keeping ok and the struggles you were all having are getting easier xxx

Well done Mazza - that's fantastic !!!! :0)

Well done Mazza thats brilliant keep going nice to see you op in x

Hi all Nov 14 family. Hows everyone doing what your weight loss since your surgeries? Be interesting to know . Don't be shy we are all different and some like my self have had slow weight losses. Ps any going issues ?? X

Hi all Nov 14 family. Hows everyone doing what your weight loss since your surgeries? Be interesting to know . Don't be shy we are all different and some like my self have had slow weight losses. Ps any going issues ?? X

Hi Sharona, I'm going steady, I'm not posting much as I've been busy at work thrown in with a lot of stress! But I have lost 34 lbs so far, which I am pleased with, work clothes are very loose. Still a long way to go though :-( how are you doing?

Hi I think I am a slow loser, I had my op on the 8th nov and have lost 34 lbs since the day of surgery. I also still have a fair bit to go, another 45 pounds or so to get me to the 10 stone mark which I have set as my goal. How is everyone finding it? I am still battling with a chocolate addiction, but the rest of my food intake is so much easier, am feeling great. Hope everyone is on the mend and doing well? Xx

You're not that slow slimsuz. I've lost 24lb since surgery,15lb before - I'm 10 weeks out -and loads more to lose! 25 BMI for me (as I'm a short arse) would be 9st8!! In reality I don't think I'll get there, it's 70lbs away and I'm not sure at age 50 I want to be that skinny. We'll see. I was sure I wanted to get to 'normal' weight but I've been rethinking it a little lately. I think that I'll find a point somewhere under 11stone where I feel happy. I'll know it when I get there. :0)

Hi I think I am a slow loser, I had my op on the 8th nov and have lost 34 lbs since the day of surgery. I also still have a fair bit to go, another 45 pounds or so to get me to the 10 stone mark which I have set as my goal. How is everyone finding it? I am still battling with a chocolate addiction, but the rest of my food intake is so much easier, am feeling great. Hope everyone is on the mend and doing well? Xx

It's not that slow, seems quite normal. I had my op 1st nov and have lost 36lb. Saw the dietician this week and she said the weight loss was a little faster than they'd like which surprised me.
The chocolate addiction is a tough one to break isn't it?

Hiya. Remember slow and steady wins the race, as the saying goes. For me since LSD on 27/10, op 10/11 I've lost just under 3stone (shud reach it by the end of the week). So still 5 stone to get me to bmi of 25 (11stone). But going out this week for new trousers and underware as dropped 2 dress sizes. Quite pleased, but impatient to wake up a size 12 lol.
Keep up the good work everyone x

Ahh thanks all. I thought I was losing very slowly, I had 3 weeks where the scale just didn't move. Looks like I am pretty much on track then :). Well done all, sounds like you are all doing so well :). I had my gall bladder removed at the same time as my vsg because I started getting attacks just before the op, I feel so much better than pre op! I really need to get my ass moving though in regards to exercise... I was all geared up to start the couch to 5k program but life and work have just not given me time, as I work in the day and sing in the evenings... No more excuses I have to start moving! Keep it up everyone and well done to you all :) xxxx

Hello all

I am still struggling on. Trying to move on past the mushie stage with food. My pouch is definitely on the small side because when I do try anything more solid I cannot manage more than a couple of tablespoons if that. I am more worried about the acid reflux which is still a problem at night despite the medication but I am monitoring that very closely. I had not researched the point sufficiently in terms of reflux and the sleeve - not sure it would have changed my mind from having the revision surgery but I would have thought about it perhaps a little longer. The weight is coming off slowly. I had a stall last week then lost 4 pounds when I weighed on Saturday - so I have put that down to my body reacting to the loss. I have not weighed what I do now for many, many years. It is taking some getting used to and it is noticeable as people are coming up to me at work and commenting on it. I am telling them it is stress and grief - which is not a total lie as I think both may be contributing to why I am struggling. I have not even started thinking about exercise and I should as I have terrible loose skin - although at my age it is not going to ping back so I am going to live with it.

We are still trying to resolve the problems in our new home and with losing my job I need to really get on with getting the house sorted and job hunting - the surgery and its aftermath are secondary. I really don't know if that is good or bad really. As this is my second WLS albeit a different procedure, I have known what to expect so it has not been such a big thing - not sure if that is good or bad either:confused:.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Best wishes

TBx

Back