• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

TB. My heart goes out to you having so much to deal with all at once. You should be able to concentrate on just you and getting strong right now. (Huggs)

Girls.... I think these weight losses sound great. Xx

Hi Girls

I have lost 44 lbs can't believe it, its still coming off well as long as I eat healthy food. Getting much much fitter in the gym too. Only bad thing is my husband decided to leave me and the kids so just lost some more dead weight. Actually its not to bad, but quite a shock

k

Weeb I hope it all comes good for you and you get into a better place, but my biggest message to you is love yourself and continue to believe in yourself, it will help you heal.:)

Hi Girls I have lost 44 lbs can't believe it, its still coming off well as long as I eat healthy food. Getting much much fitter in the gym too. Only bad thing is my husband decided to leave me and the kids so just lost some more dead weight. Actually its not to bad, but quite a shock k
So well done weeb brill proud of you keep going. . So sorry to hear that so sorry! Hope things improve and with in time you will move on. Xx

Hows all my Nov class doing hope all well. Esp those we haven't heard from in a long time. We are now in Feb can you all believe it hope the weight losses are coming down. X

thanks girls. Amazing I have lost 50lbs, have a date tonight with a bloke, had a big professional achievement last week and brought myself a new car - its a roller coaster

k

Good evening all you November surgeries - gosh this feels like "seeing" old friends. I'm sorry some of you have had such a difficult journey as mine has been relatively straight forward apart from a number of little glitches on route....
In term of weight...my surgery was on 7th November, I felt great post op and returned to work after 10 days however it felt like everyone here was zooming ahead of me in terms of weight loss and I found "lurking" here just made me feel extremely inadequate and useless so I stopped looking and have been doing the tortoise method of slowly slowly ....meanwhile the little losses have added up to 50 plus pounds so I'm feeling much better in myself. Meanwhile......
I had a query DVT during Christmas (apparently it can happen after several months - unusual but possible), admitted to hospital turned out to be cellulitis in my leg so IV antibiotics, loads of rest followed by 3 weeks of further antibiotics. I finally returned to work after 5 weeks sickness and am still struggling to remain upright all day !!!
And the best is always last...the day before I returned to work I went to collect my new contact lens from Specsavers - managed to trip up on the stairs and hit my forehead on the step ! So now I'm sporting a particularly fetching bump on my forehead, a black/blue/purple and yellow left eye and a very dark looking right eye and I went to Specsavers.
So that's my past few months but life continues and the positives definitely outweigh the negative stuff so now I'm back and feeling human , have joined a gym but only managed to swim and hopefully am making the right food choices
If you persevered in reading this WELL DONE and for the rest - it does work but keep smiling

Morning all - how is everyone doing?

I am having a scary time. I had some bloods done and did not ring for the results. I had a BP check last week and the nurse asked if I had seen the doc about my blood test results. I said no and she told me I needed to see the doc straight away. No one was available so I booked in and the first appointment they could give me was this Tuesday night. It seems my blood count is lower than it has ever been. The doc mentioned the C word and said they had to rule that out first so more test being done today. I am not convinced he knows what he is talking about as he gave me a course of iron tablets even though I told him I cannot tolerate it well and that my sisters and I all have the sickle cell trait and it always causes unusual readings. He left me stunned and I am still in a daze. What next???

I am still struggling with my intake. Had a nasty incident of vomitting yesterday. I had a little chicken and chewed it well but pouch said no. I am surviving on denser soups. I am very tired and stressed out and I am sure that is why this is turning out to be such a struggle. I am going to be taking a break from all the hassle with the new house - I have just got into deadlock with the contractors - I am sure it is going to end up in litigation. My job situation is getting complicated as well so I just need a break from it all and get some breathing space. At least with all the other crap it means I am not getting fixated on the situation with my weight. The losses are slow but I am shrinking in terms of inches. I need to get my measurements done but a lot of stuff looks and is baggy. I found loads of clothes from the move and have most of them out on rails as I have no furniture at the moment. I am going to do a mass sort over the weekend and anything that is too big I will be getting rid of. It seems I have a lot in similar sizes so my hope of avoiding buying anything is out of the window but I am going to wait until I really have to buy something as I cannot afford to do anything else.

Sorry for the long moan. I am hopeful with time things will get better. Just a bit difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel at the moment:(.

TBx

Morning all - how is everyone doing? I am having a scary time. I had some bloods done and did not ring for the results. I had a BP check last week and the nurse asked if I had seen the doc about my blood test results. I said no and she told me I needed to see the doc straight away. No one was available so I booked in and the first appointment they could give me was this Tuesday night. It seems my blood count is lower than it has ever been. The doc mentioned the C word and said they had to rule that out first so more test being done today. I am not convinced he knows what he is talking about as he gave me a course of iron tablets even though I told him I cannot tolerate it well and that my sisters and I all have the sickle cell trait and it always causes unusual readings. He left me stunned and I am still in a daze. What next??? I am still struggling with my intake. Had a nasty incident of vomitting yesterday. I had a little chicken and chewed it well but pouch said no. I am surviving on denser soups. I am very tired and stressed out and I am sure that is why this is turning out to be such a struggle. I am going to be taking a break from all the hassle with the new house - I have just got into deadlock with the contractors - I am sure it is going to end up in litigation. My job situation is getting complicated as well so I just need a break from it all and get some breathing space. At least with all the other crap it means I am not getting fixated on the situation with my weight. The losses are slow but I am shrinking in terms of inches. I need to get my measurements done but a lot of stuff looks and is baggy. I found loads of clothes from the move and have most of them out on rails as I have no furniture at the moment. I am going to do a mass sort over the weekend and anything that is too big I will be getting rid of. It seems I have a lot in similar sizes so my hope of avoiding buying anything is out of the window but I am going to wait until I really have to buy something as I cannot afford to do anything else. Sorry for the long moan. I am hopeful with time things will get better. Just a bit difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel at the moment:(. TBx
Oh dear TB i do feel so sorry you still not too well. Listen remember your stages of eating have been slower than many of us Nov peops so this may be a cause of low blood results. Your tolerances to food is slow also. Through my nursing experiences i have found that people with sickle cell and thalassemia have abnormal blood readings. Please take a day at time and wait and see I understand your worry but like you said have a clear out to take your mind off things. Keep your chin up TB and hoping mr Tb is ok bet he's mighty worried too for you. Hoping house job will get sorted soon ...as for your weight loss don't worry about it you have so much going on the weight will come off when it's ready. Big big hugs TB inbox me if any time you need a chatter xx

TB. you are having such an awful time right now (((hugs)))) and hopes of some good news xxx

Ween. I hope your coping ok babe xx

Thanks all. It was horrendous at the hospital today and I have not long been back having got there at 8.30 this morning. I have never seen so many people jammed into a small space. I am going to just take each day as it comes now. Sharona you may well be right about the surgery and the other matters impacting the results. I am sure this is the doctor making sure nothing gets missed and will all be ok.

Thank you all for your very kind words.

TBx

Evening all. Where are you all???

I am still plodding along. I get my test results back on Tuesday. I had a long talk with one of my sisters today and we both think the GP has got it horribly wrong and overreacted. I have stopped worrying about it.

I am still struggling with food but am accepting that it will be a slow process. I still have vomitting if I eat anything that is not soft enough for my pouch. It is taking a long time to heal. My restriction is such that I can only get in tiny amounts so I am experimenting with small amounts spread through the day. Work is the biggest challenge but I am going to have to keep experimenting. I am scared of having a vomiting incident there so it means I am tending to have liquids which is not really helping to build me. Going to have to be brave:D

Let me know how you are all doing - so many of us had our ops in November but hardly anyone is posting- you can almost hear the tumble weed on this thread:D

TBx

Hey all, TB I have everything crossed for you, hang in there, I am sure when u can manage a bit more substantial food you will feel so much better ... Poco a poco (little by little) as they say here in Spain :). Weight wise I haven't really moved for over a month which is frustrating, but if I'm being completely honest with myself I need to watch what I'm bunging in my mouth! Even though portions are smaller I need to be focusing more on protein..... I started to exercise and started the couch to 5k, however I am currently completely immobile waiting for a docs appointment tomorrow to look at the searing pain in my back that started after my last run earlier this week. I must do better, I spent my life savings on this op, I cannot fail myself, I need to do this and make the most of it!

Oooooh Two NSVs today! It was Carnival here in Spain this week and everyone dresses up in fancy dress, and for the first time in my adult life I went and purchased a fancy dress costume from a shop.... And it fit me! ..... A little snug but I got it on! One size certainly doesn't always fit all, but this one did! I also went to the charity shop to have a nose and was looking in the plus size section, only to have the assistant come over to tell me that the clothes I was looking at were large sizes and directed me to the non plus size section! I was bowled over! Woop! Anyone else had some Non Scale Victories they want to share?

Attachments

• image-4196855684.jpg
    image-4196855684.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 29
Hey all, TB I have everything crossed for you, hang in there, I am sure when u can manage a bit more substantial food you will feel so much better ... Poco a poco (little by little) as they say here in Spain :). Weight wise I haven't really moved for over a month which is frustrating, but if I'm being completely honest with myself I need to watch what I'm bunging in my mouth! Even though portions are smaller I need to be focusing more on protein..... I started to exercise and started the couch to 5k, however I am currently completely immobile waiting for a docs appointment tomorrow to look at the searing pain in my back that started after my last run earlier this week. I must do better, I spent my life savings on this op, I cannot fail myself, I need to do this and make the most of it!

Thanks for the kind words and I will remember Poco a poco:D

Getting the protein in is a biggie thing for me. Thankfully I have not gone off my protein shake and it is a real life saver. I had a little bit of chicken tonight which was cooked in the slow cooker and so far it is staying down so thaat is progress:D

I hope your back heals soon - nothing worse than back pain. Well done on starting some exercise. I have done nothing at all - just no energy. When I had my band by this stage I had got into walking and riding my bike. I hope the weather starts to pick up and I may start doing a short walk in the evenings. I need to start doing something. I would love to go swimming but I feel too embarrassed about how I would look in a costume. Need to get over that too. Now we have moved I have not got the park nearby. It is about a 5 minutes drive away so perhaps I need to jump in the car and get back to trying walks at the weekends.

TBx

Oooooh Two NSVs today! It was Carnival here in Spain this week and everyone dresses up in fancy dress, and for the first time in my adult life I went and purchased a fancy dress costume from a shop.... And it fit me! ..... A little snug but I got it on! One size certainly doesn't always fit all, but this one did! I also went to the charity shop to have a nose and was looking in the plus size section, only to have the assistant come over to tell me that the clothes I was looking at were large sizes and directed me to the non plus size section! I was bowled over! Woop! Anyone else had some Non Scale Victories they want to share?

Brilliant - love that costume!

I have been trying to sort out my clothes since we moved. I think most of them are going to have to go which I suppose is a NSV. My sisters are going to come over to help me in a few weeks because they do not trust me to do it properly:rolleyes: .I am going to have to try everything on - and I do mean everything and they will decide what stays and what goes. I thought I had a range of sizes that would keep me going but I have been so big for so long now that I only came across a few items in smaller sizes. I was hoping there would be enough to keep me going for a year. I cannot afford to buy new clothes so I may have to get the sewing machine out and do a few alterations where I can - that should be...intersting:D.

TBx

Back