• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

Hi TB and all . Like i put in my diary im extremely lethargic and quite depressed don't want any meds. Wanting changes in my life. Sorry not very talkative no energy. Take care all .

Hi there

How lovely to catch up and hear your updates - sorry many of you have had poor health and difficult times.

I'm sorry I've not been around for ages - partly because I feel my weight loss is slow and I've been going through a period of feeling "not good enough" or inadequate - I lost much more and far quicker on Cambridge but I keep telling myself it is slow and steady - however the big plus this is for life !!

As for food I've had a sleeve and apparently it is rare for people with a sleeve "to dump" but I am that person - typical :) When I eat - I sneeze, hiccup and regularly am sick but its the excess food rather than digested food so I just live with it. My surgery was early Nov and I've lost about 64 pounds so I've lost about 50% of the weight I need to lose. I'm having about 5 mini meals a day (eg a weight watcher meal equivalent in 2 sittings) I'm happy to try most foods but in small quantities. I cook for my family (5 kids) so I have to do regular cheap and cheerful family meals but I cant cope with eggs or bread, apart from toast. I reckon I'm eating about 500 cal per day in food then a further 200 cal with slimfast or milky drink just to boost my protein levels.

I've been using a gym but like everyone its the tiredness that I'm struggling with so although it doesnt help I'm encouraged to hear that its a common thing.

On the real positive I am receiving endless compliments about how I look, my hairstyle, my smile, my shoulders and anything but my weight which is what people really think !! I'm just about under 15 stones/ size 18 so thats a first for around 30 years.

So thats me to date. Much love to you all and keep at it

xxxx

Gosh iMac I wouldn't say 64lb in 4 months is slow, sounds pretty on par to me, over a stone a month and as you point out this is for keeps too! It sounds like you're doing great :)

It's lovely to hear everyone's progress but a shame to hear people are struggling with various things :( I guess it proves this surgery is not the magic wand some people think it is and we have to work blinking hard dealing with various aspects of what it brings along.

Wishing everyone health and happiness and of course great weight loss going forward..... :) :) :)

You girls a re all doing great...that weight loss sounds amazing to me. No wonder you are all shattered if your loosing a stone a month. Your weight loss will slow, your body and hormones will adjust and your energy levels WILL increase as your food intake goes up a bit. Xxxx

Hi all, not been on for a while been really busy!!! Such a stark difference from sitting on my sofa for hours feeling sorry for myself :)
Lost 8 stone 3lb now and although I've probably got another 8 to lose I feel sooooo much better. I am a participant in my life now I'm not ruled by my pain. I'm so bloody chuffed
Sorry to hear some still struggling but it will get it easier!!!!
Much love xxx

Hi all! Like many of you I've been feeling the fatigue but I started a supplement (d-ribose) three weeks ago and it seems to be helping. But I've also been on holiday for a week so that's probably also helping! Back to work next week so we'll see. I've been able to start running again which feels good. I'm not losing much weight - 42lbs in total and only 5 or 6 lbs a month since January, about 40% of my excess weight gone. I'm happy to lose slowly though as it feels like I'll keep it off. Only weighing once a month now. Biggest plus is not only getting into size 14 jeans but feeling them get looser!! :0)

Read a great book on my holiday that others might like called Fat Chance by Nick Spalding. Not surgery related but a lovely tale of a couple who take part in a weight loss competition. Had me crying with laughter.

Hi TB and all . Like i put in my diary im extremely lethargic and quite depressed don't want any meds. Wanting changes in my life. Sorry not very talkative no energy. Take care all .

Hope you will feel better!!!! I understand what you are going through!

Hello all. Saturday afternoon...I am having a quiet moment - probably the first in a long, long time. Well last Saturday I was bra hunting. I was going to go again today but the weather is awful so here I am. How is everyone? Sharona - I hope you are ok - the place is not quite the same without you. Everyone else - how is it going?

I am sort of at a funny stage. I have not been the weight I am now for many years. My clothes are baggy but I refuse to buy any so I am doing a good impression of a bag lady. We have still not sorted things out since we moved and that is getting me down. I am hoping for some progress this week. Things at work are still crap. I am still struggling with eating. I need to try and get into routine as my past attempts at doing that have failed miserably. It is the fatigue which is the biggest thing. I get to about 4 pm and I hit this wall which I never recover from for the rest of the day. I am back at the hospital for a review next month so I am going to have to ask what I can do about it. I have had my appointments for the repeat of the blood tests cancelled twice now. I feel ok about that as I know my doc got it wrong - but still I would like to know everything is ok.

My portion sizes are small compared to what they were when I had the band even with the difficulties I had. I only occasioanlly feel really hungry and then when I do I eat a couple of forkfuls and that is it - restriction kicks in and then I am sick if I eat any more. I only weigh now and then to keep an eye on things and so far it is all sitll heading in the right direction albeit very slowly. I have very loose skin - bingo wings, stomach and the tops of my legs but I can live with that - as there is no prospect of being able to do anything about it anyway. My boobs are the area I worry about as they are showing no signs of getting smaller just more droopy and it is starting to cause back ache:cry: Despite everything today I feel a bit more hopeful than I have in a long time.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and hope to hear from some more of my fellow November oppers soon:D.

TBx

TB you are a woman after my own heart. My boobs have just got saggier and saggier. I've bought 3 cheap bras and they are useless then 10 days ago I got fitted and I've gone from a 46G/44F to a 36HH !! Do you remember the kids song "do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro ...." well that is the story of my life....anyway I went mad, paid £41.00 yes FORTY ONE pounds for the bra and it makes such a difference. I now have shape for at least one day .........clothing is an issue as I dont have any spare cash so I've been buying from charity shops/ebay but my "style" is still that of a size 30 woman not a 16/18.
Anyway it all has to be a good thing....so weight loss is naff - 3 pounds in the last month so my current loss equates to £120 per pound. Its been 4.5 months post surgery and I really expected the loss to be faster but hey ho. I met up with a "hospital buddy" last week and e were both saying how let down we felt by the speed (or lack of) weight loss as we were both anticipating it to be much quicker and had we been told by the hospital staff that this is how it is then our expectation wouldnt have been as high.
So moan over , glad to hear everyone is on the up and up. I'm due a B12 next week so that helps with my energy levels.
Much love to you all xx

Good to hear from you IMac and congratulations on you progress. Slow and steady is good - it is going in the right direction. I have yet to take the plunge and actually buy the new bra I need - I am looking at £45 for the one I think will fit but I need to do something - soon!

TBx

Hey November Buddies!

We are now 5ish months out following surgery and I'm curious how we are all doing. I have shied away from posting but have been quietly watching from afar.

I measure my losses from when I started my preop (28 Oct 14 - all time heaviest - 24 stone 2) and last week I was 18 stone 12 - 5 stone 4lb loss. I've whinged and whined that it wasn't coming off as quick as Maisie's next door neighbours window cleaners aunt - but then I remind myself - IVE LOST OVER 5 STONE. OVER 70lbs. I'm doing this! When I lose the next 10lbs I'll be able halfway there. Wow. Yay me!

I am losing slowly but consistently. Since I neared the 5 stone mark, the compliments have started. It's so nice to be able to graciously accept with a smile and a thank you, rather than some lame shuffled mumble for not feeling deserving of praise.

I'm not just focusing on how much further I have to go, but accepting that my body is responding to the way I refuel it and we are getting used to each other and our new habits and methods. No it's not easy and I argue with my demons still. I've listen to them for nearly 40 years so it takes time to adjust to the power balance.

My wardrobe hasn't changed vastly as it's mainly stretchy so it still fits. Although I did buy jeans. Never did at my biggest and I felt so good in these. My best NSV. Getting baggy round the bum already now though. My biggest issue is my knickers! They know seem to come up halfway under my boobs, flashing to the world and sagging like no ones business. This is just this week but I'm seriously thinking an urgent knicker splurge is required. I'm talking Primani not La Senza - baby steps.

I've been worrying about my moods. I asked at pre-op about medication due to lack of absorption and the dietician said it had never been asked before. Really?! Anyhoo I'm seriously wondering if my depression has been creeping up due to lack of absorption of anti-depressants- not available in liquid or chewable. Never noticed before op but since, my PMT symptoms read like the defence given by lawyers under diminished responsibility. I'm not nice. Not to me or others. And that's not me. I feel I could implode with rage, frustration and/or sadness. And then they're heavy and painful ? But hey, it's not every day, so every cloud... Yes, I'll be seeing GP.

So, how are you all doing? How far along your journey are you now? Tell us about your non scale victories.

I think the dark days and black holes a bit of the norm for us bypassers I'm happier than I was but it still bits me on the bum every now and then and you wonder why, then it goes again. Well done on your loss it's such a great feeling when you know those old clothes don't fit. Asda have some very nice t shirts for as low as £4:00 dresses £10:00 I've had to,stop myself from buying just because I can because they are so cheap but I hope not to be this size for much longer so I'm holding back I've got enough for now.

Thanks for the update Icawm, there doesn't seem to be many folk hanging around from our November lot so it's good to see how you're getting on. Dont know if some of the others are still lurking but if you're out there people give us an update :)

I'm doing ok, loss is pretty slow these days but only have 8.5lb to go to reach my first target of a bmi if 25!!!!! Would like another stone off after that but trying not to stress over it too much. Feeling pretty comfortable and happy with myself these days fitting comfortably in a size 14 and slowly inching into a 12.

Thankfully I don't have any real issues with any particular food and no dumping so couldn't have asked for a better outcome really. Though it does scare me that I might put weight back on without something to stop me!! I also get a bit freaked out sometimes by the possible long term effects and the whole magnitude of what's been done to my insides!!! Try big to think about if too much!!

Anyway, it's great to see some Nov buddies back again, hope everyone is doing well x

Hi ICCAWM yes very mu h in the back ground although I originally set up this thread. I do appologies for my input due to a depressive state which i explained over on my " journey thread" .
However since my op Nov and pre op Oct i have lost over 5 .5 stones .7 stones sunce my largest. So its coming off slowly now . A size 26/28--- a size 18 comfortably as i always like my clothes a little lose but sure may fit into some large 16s plus im tallish! However my eyes have opened and feel like i have changed so much ... I just want different things the depression set in and i didn't recognize my self for a few weeks. Strange.
You are all doing well keep up the great work. U agree with others the clothes shopping us addictive! So glad i am able to go into other stores too. X

How you feeling now Sharona you ok. Was it the op that triggered the depression. Hop your still getting support from the other half :)

Hi all. I am ok. I have had a lot of medical issues emerge following my op. It has been a time of great worry and continues to be. My provider is now taking it a lot more seriously and I am waiting to undergo a whole new set of tests to get to the bottom of things. My weight is coming off very slowly but I am not worried about that because of the other issues.

I hope everyone is well.

TBx

Hi all, nice to hear from a lot of you.
I'm doing ok. Feeling more like a 'normal' person everyday. Started off nearly 30st and have lost 8 St 10 pleased with weight loss but still unhappy with myself as such a long way to go still.
In regards to day to day only thing I struggle with is drinking enough water.

Good to hear you all guys. Hope things get easier for those of you who are still having problems

Take care xxx

Just checking in - how is everyone doing? At last starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the new house. Probably going to end up in litigation over it but at least we can actually start living in it rather than just existing. The job issue has resolved of sorts after 15 months of hell. I am struggling health wise but looking back on what I have been through I should not be suprised really. Time to be kind to myself and to take life a little easier. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow. Not done it for a long time so I will be interested to see where I am. My clothes are baggy to the point where belts are not doing it. I am going to have to go and buy some stuff. It means a trip to Evans to get an idea of what size I am. That will be interesting - I hate that shop but needs must:rolleyes:.

Would be nice to hear how everyone is doing.

TBx

Hi TB, sorry to read you've been through the mill, hopefully things will start to get better for you. It will be interesting to see what you have lost, but the fact your clothes etc are loose is a positive anyway. I've lost 52 pounds so far. It's coming off slowly, only thing is I really do have to fight the sugar and alcohol cravings. It's controlling the emotional eating is what I find the hardest. Good luck x

Back