• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

TB a loss is so personal and individual to each person that people greave at different times and in so many different ways. Letting go is hard, hold on to you memories because no matter what they are yours and you know how to move on to the next stage of life without your dad in your own way. We are all hear to listen to you and to help in any way we can. Take care:)

Evening all. Where are you all??? I am still plodding along. I get my test results back on Tuesday. I had a long talk with one of my sisters today and we both think the GP has got it horribly wrong and overreacted. I have stopped worrying about it. I am still struggling with food but am accepting that it will be a slow process. I still have vomitting if I eat anything that is not soft enough for my pouch. It is taking a long time to heal. My restriction is such that I can only get in tiny amounts so I am experimenting with small amounts spread through the day. Work is the biggest challenge but I am going to have to keep experimenting. I am scared of having a vomiting incident there so it means I am tending to have liquids which is not really helping to build me. Going to have to be brave:D Let me know how you are all doing - so many of us had our ops in November but hardly anyone is posting- you can almost hear the tumble weed on this thread:D TBx
Hi TB im still here and usually in back ground. I think that many of us have our own diary threads and usually post in there but do keep close to this one suppose thats the way it goes sometimes. . Um sorry to hear that you are still suffering like i said before take ine day at a time hopeing things looking brighter for you soon. Xx

Haha. Tumble weed. I'm still here. I look at the posts on here when we get notifications and like to know how all us November surgeries are getting on x

Also plodding along. Back into the normal madness of normal life so not always on here but good to know your all here when we come back. Good luck to everyone!! X

Hi, I'm here, lurking as usual.
I don't tend to post much because I sound miserable and ungrateful but that kinda is how I feel.

I had my bypass on 26th Nov and I feel really let down. From 28th Oct, I finally reached 4 stone loss last week but it took nearly 3 weeks for the last 2lbs to go. And then at weekend I was up a pound. I should be celebrating 4 stone loss but instead I'm wondering why I put myself through this for less than 2.5 stone post op in 3 months. I'd've expected more on 'regular' diet.

My despondence started when I lost nothing for first 3 weeks post op. It's been a pound here, half a pound there since.

I've been following the rules, I've not 'cheated', I've been drinking loads of water. I even wondered if maybe I wasn't eating enough.

I know this is a tool and I have to work with it - I am, I don't know what else I can do. I'm in no way possibly eating too much - so how can I put on?! It's not even TOTM, I though that was to blame for stall over last few weeks but no change before or after.

So, yeah, I'm a bit 'poor me' just now. Every week I think it'll be The Week it all falls in to place. Now I'm worried that I'm already passed the honeymoon stage and its uphill from here.

Ho hum. I'm not in a happy place but hope to be back bouncing soon and then I'll shout it from the rooftops.

Hope my fellow oppers are doing well ??

Your not alone, but it does depend on how heavy you were to start with and you need ton remember we are all different. I know how you feel I had my op on 10th October 2014 and I though it was just going to fall of. I thought I would have lost at least five stone by now but this has not been the case. Then as my hubby said its about what you have to loose, if you are very large, you will loose quicker to start with. Have you been measuring yourself because you will be loosing inches and that is just as important. It will also depend on your activities, I don't walk very fast or do anything fast and not enough to loose weight and that's why I'm loosing at a slow pace. So don't rush the loss it's better for you slowly you will do less harm to your body that way. :)

Hi, I'm here, lurking as usual.
I don't tend to post much because I sound miserable and ungrateful but that kinda is how I feel.

I had my bypass on 26th Nov and I feel really let down. From 28th Oct, I finally reached 4 stone loss last week but it took nearly 3 weeks for the last 2lbs to go. And then at weekend I was up a pound. I should be celebrating 4 stone loss but instead I'm wondering why I put myself through this for less than 2.5 stone post op in 3 months. I'd've expected more on 'regular' diet.

My despondence started when I lost nothing for first 3 weeks post op. It's been a pound here, half a pound there since.

I've been following the rules, I've not 'cheated', I've been drinking loads of water. I even wondered if maybe I wasn't eating enough.

I know this is a tool and I have to work with it - I am, I don't know what else I can do. I'm in no way possibly eating too much - so how can I put on?! It's not even TOTM, I though that was to blame for stall over last few weeks but no change before or after.

So, yeah, I'm a bit 'poor me' just now. Every week I think it'll be The Week it all falls in to place. Now I'm worried that I'm already passed the honeymoon stage and its uphill from here.

Ho hum. I'm not in a happy place but hope to be back bouncing soon and then I'll shout it from the rooftops.

Hope my fellow oppers are doing well ??

Sorry to read you are so down. It is good to moan - so do not feel you have to keep it to yourself - it is better out than in. I feel my life is one long drama - which unfortunately it is. People must wonder what next when they see I have posted. However if I did not have this forum to vent and say how I feel then I would probably have had a full scale breakdown by now. I have had nothing but kind words and support. I hope if you say how you feel you will find the same - I am sure you will. How can we help? We had our ops the same day - different procedures. I decided I was not going to get hung up by being a slave to my scales. I weigh once a week to just keep an eye on things and to be honest I may even ditch that. I know my clothes are now very loose or too big. Not sure what size I am now. I can't afford to buy clothes because we are broke so I am going to have to be creative with what I have:D.

I am struggling because I have still not got my head around the difference in restriction between the band and the sleeve. There was damage when they removed the band and I think my pouch is on the small size. I had a really bad incident of vomiting last night and for the first time I really asked myself what have I done. I have felt fragile all day but still persevered with spacing my intake out. I tried the chicken again and had about half the amount I had last night and that has stayed down - so far:D.

So...would it help for you to post what your average intake is - it might help you see whether you are eating too much or too little, not drinking enough - too many carbs etc.

You should celebrate what you have lost - it is a huge amount even if you do not think it is. Slow and steady wins the race. It is still very early days for both of us. Keep the faith:hug99:

TBx

Icawm, 4 stone loss doesn't sound too shabby to me!! That's a great achievement! Think about where you'd be if you hadn't had the op. You say you could have done that with a regular diet but the reality is none of us have or we wouldn't have had the surgery!!!
You are doing just fine hun, please stop being so hard on yourself and celebrate your success. It's far better for the weight to come off slowly, it didn't go on overnight, it ain't gonna come off overnight and it's far healthier that way. Stalls are perfectly normal, everyone here will tell you they've had oodles of them along the way, our bodies are unpredictable you just have to keep your eye on the bigger picture and recognise how far you've come.
Have you spoken to your team about how you feel? Could you ring the dietician and discuss your concerns?
Keep your pecker up and stick with it hun, you're doing great :)

Hi all just popping in to see how all are doing with your WL ? As for me I have had another gastric bug not sure if this is due to the winter period and my immune is low or what?? But hoping i don't have another occurrence. Let me us all know how your doing and is your weight loss is what you expected ?? X

Hi Sharona

I am ok - still plodding slowly along. I am going to get my measurements done tomorrow when my sisters come over. They are also going to sort out my clothes so that will be a good measure of my progress to date as they are going to make me try everything on and get rid of anything they deem unsuitable:rolleyes:.

Sorry to hear you have been unwell and hope you are on the mend now.

TBx

I am still 1.5lb away from a 4st loss. I had my surgery in August. I can get really down and feel I am failing at times. Other times I can just try to get on with it. I am going out for a girlie eaty wine day today. I'm not looking forward to it because it will put on weight. But this is nonsense because we need live. But life is getting in the way on my weight loss

I am still 1.5lb away from a 4st loss. I had my surgery in August. I can get really down and feel I am failing at times. Other times I can just try to get on with it. I am going out for a girlie eaty wine day today. I'm not looking forward to it because it will put on weight. But this is nonsense because we need live. But life is getting in the way on my weight loss

Kursty you are doing really well. Do not keep beating yourself up. It is finding a way of life that will suit you and the band. Looking back to my experience with the band, before things started to go wrong, I kind of got into a rhythm about four months out and was cooking from scratch and relying less and less on processed food. It did work. The band is for life and the hardest thing is to see it as another diet. Easier said than done but do not get hung up on the numbers - look at the bigger picture. It does not matter how long it takes to get there - as long as you get there. And where 'there' is - well that might change as time goes on. Does that make sense?

TBx

Just giving this a bump - how is everyone doing?

Slow progress for me still. I have terrible fatigue problems but that may be linked to all the issues around my blood tests. I am due to have everything repeated again shortly. I need to get into a better routine around eating - it is all over the place. Small amounts spaced through the day works better for me - but in work I sometimes do not get time to eat which really impacts.

Would be lovely to hear how you are all doing.

TBx

It does seem rather quiet around here doesn't it? I think many of the November folk have drifted off which I suppose is natural.

My losses have really slowed down and the scales are barely budging at the moment, but that's ok as I'm feeling comfortable and never put a weekly weight loss target or a timescale on my overall target as I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself.

I'm also really struggling with extreme fatigue as a few others seem to be, it seems normal about this stage due to the sustained low cal intake and quick weight loss, I'm hoping it will resolve over time, fingers crossed.

I'm waiting for my next appointment which should be around 6 months which is when I should have my bloods done. Given that my 6 week check was nearer 3 months I'm not holding my breath for being seen any time soon though!!

Hi I'm with you both like I said the other day I could sleep on a washing line just after 1:30. I'm also having a problem with food while at work I either bring to much in with me and I've found myself gracing all day or I don't bring in enough and suffer there is no happy medium. I had blood done two weeks ago at my check up and they came back as all the right levels but my Gp is doing some more tomorrow just to check but I don't know what the answer is to the tiredness. I'm thinking I should give up work and become a lady of leisure but my hubby said dream on lol

Back