• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

quick question. im just doing my meal plan for the nxt 2 weeks. do u know if ur aloud to add like peper or stock cubes just to make it taste less bland? x

Hahahaha I've read all the posts about eating before you start and that's exactly what I've been doing. It's terrible!!!
Haha

I have to have 3 shakes a day -
Liquid diet 800-1000 cals a day.

So 3x slim fast (as I like these) and a piece if fruit. Apparently my surgeon is really strict about it. I have to do it for a minimum of 5 days. But the first of the 5 days I have a spa day (incl dinner) paid for. So I'm gonna do 7 days and gamble this day as a reasonable day! I'm hoping he won't know if I'm good! :/

I'm so scared he won't do the op! But I will be sensible and have less than the 1000 cals! X

This did make me laugh because I could've written it myself :) My hubby's been away for the last few weeks so between left home alone and the constant food funerals I piled on 8lbs - good news is i've lost 6 already in 2 days of LSD :)
Well done Su2ie keep going hun brill ! X

miz kirsty u shud be fine. I wish I cud stomach the shakes but I hate milk. ive got to measure things to the gram.its such a palavour agh x

Advice please.

The weightloss clinic I'm having my op with do what's know as a surgery box ... £160

For shakes soups and puréed foods for pre and post op (it works out 5 days pre and 4weeks post - but more products than I could manage ie pre op 3x shakes 2x soups and 5x fruit a day!) so I know it would last longer than that!

What would you do? I can buy soups and slim fast. Or I can buy the box and take away the worry - but I'm worried I won't like them!

Xx

Advice please. The weightloss clinic I'm having my op with do what's know as a surgery box ... £160 For shakes soups and puréed foods for pre and post op (it works out 5 days pre and 4weeks post - but more products than I could manage ie pre op 3x shakes 2x soups and 5x fruit a day!) so I know it would last longer than that! What would you do? I can buy soups and slim fast. Or I can buy the box and take away the worry - but I'm worried I won't like them! Xx
Hi Mz Kirsty if that was me i would not be able to afford that. Im nhs patient and have been given a diet sheet. How long you on pre op for?? Will it cover the days you do.? Its up to you but you can buy what you need yourself that way there is no waste. Yes buy either slim fast or i like Tesco ultra slim or Asda slim a little cheaper plus you can buy your fruits etc . But its your choice hun . All the best x

Hi Mz Kirsty if that was me i would not be able to afford that. Im nhs patient and have been given a diet sheet. How long you on pre op for?? Will it cover the days you do.? Its up to you but you can buy what you need yourself that way there is no waste. Yes buy either slim fast or i like Tesco ultra slim or Asda slim a little cheaper plus you can buy your fruits etc . But its your choice hun . All the best x

Thanks! Tbh I'm paying for the op so this is a cost I hadn't factored in in top of it. I considered it bc apparently my surgeon is really strict about the pre op diet!

But I like slim fast (I'm not a huge fan of any shakes! A lot I can't swallow!) but slim fast is nice! (Haven't tried trsco or asda ones!)

Preop is 5days minimum. But was thinking about a week! I may do 2 shakes and a meal for another week before!

Xx

I personaly think thats alot of money.im sure if ur brought supermarket brands it would be cheeper.but up to u.

anyone know anything about ading spices I asked about in my previous message?

I personaly think thats alot of money.im sure if ur brought supermarket brands it would be cheeper.but up to u. anyone know anything about ading spices I asked about in my previous message?

My pack says you can add salt pepper dried herbs and spices oxo marmite xxx

And u think it's a lot I'll be getting the cheaper ones. Xx

ow thanx hun. ill get somw bits in. ye I do think tge overprice things. I mean I looed on the hospital group shop and there were selling a dinner plate with pics of portion size for over £20! I cudnt believe it. x

That's ok I understood what you meant!

And omg that's ridiculous! I must admit I've bought myself a pretty pink polka dot side plate hahaha!

But yes I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something I should use their shakes is all! Xx

I think as long as u take multivitamins u shud be getting the right nurtients.
when do u start ur pre op diet? x

I think as long as u take multivitamins u shud be getting the right nurtients. when do u start ur pre op diet? x

That's a good idea!

And I have to do it for 5 days before op (13/11) so not till 8th nov. But thinking I'll do it for a week before.

Then also do slim fast x2 and a small meal for another week before!? Xx

Hello there
My first posting since planning to have surgery - I'm a failed "every other diet under the sun person" and finally I'm kicking myself into doing something.
Ok I'm booked for surgery FRIDAY 7th NOV ...........that is 15 days away and I'm now having the heeby jeebies. I spent last week eating for England (and Scotland, Ireland and Wales) including all the crappy stuff on the grounds I'll never eat it again - and this week I'm trying to lull my body into a smaller plate/no crisps choc just sensible food then tomorrow its full on liver reducing 800 cal a day diet.
So I've eaten Chinese, McDonalds, Fish and chips and pizza and stopped that last week then the past 6 days i've been sensible eating only "proper " food and so by tomorrow its low cal time.
In response to the food pack I was offered it but I've ordered 30 Slimfast ready made drinks from Boots for £30.00 as I've been told in the weeks post surgery you are taking in such small amounts its better to have screw top lids - so no discernment on what they taste like just too mean to pay the £100 odd pounds.
I've also stll got quite a lot of left over VLC food packs so I'm planning on using those as well.
So its countdown to surgery .....14 more sleeps .............x

Hello there My first posting since planning to have surgery - I'm a failed "every other diet under the sun person" and finally I'm kicking myself into doing something. Ok I'm booked for surgery FRIDAY 7th NOV ...........that is 15 days away and I'm now having the heeby jeebies. I spent last week eating for England (and Scotland, Ireland and Wales) including all the crappy stuff on the grounds I'll never eat it again - and this week I'm trying to lull my body into a smaller plate/no crisps choc just sensible food then tomorrow its full on liver reducing 800 cal a day diet. So I've eaten Chinese, McDonalds, Fish and chips and pizza and stopped that last week then the past 6 days i've been sensible eating only "proper " food and so by tomorrow its low cal time. In response to the food pack I was offered it but I've ordered 30 Slimfast ready made drinks from Boots for £30.00 as I've been told in the weeks post surgery you are taking in such small amounts its better to have screw top lids - so no discernment on what they taste like just too mean to pay the £100 odd pounds. I've also stll got quite a lot of left over VLC food packs so I'm planning on using those as well. So its countdown to surgery .....14 more sleeps .............x

Good evening IMac we are booked for our ops on the same day! I've not really been on the countdown yet ias been to busy being the guest of honour at my food funerals! I'm stuffed! Last day Tom before starting LSD on sat. Re discussions about what to have on LSD I am doing a week of lighter life shakes they are not too sweet and u can have 4 of them. And for my final week before op I will do the food one my provider recommends which starts of the day with 3 tablespoons of Rice Krispies! Seems a bit random to me but hey!
Good luck

Hello there My first posting since planning to have surgery - I'm a failed "every other diet under the sun person" and finally I'm kicking myself into doing something. Ok I'm booked for surgery FRIDAY 7th NOV ...........that is 15 days away and I'm now having the heeby jeebies. I spent last week eating for England (and Scotland, Ireland and Wales) including all the crappy stuff on the grounds I'll never eat it again - and this week I'm trying to lull my body into a smaller plate/no crisps choc just sensible food then tomorrow its full on liver reducing 800 cal a day diet. So I've eaten Chinese, McDonalds, Fish and chips and pizza and stopped that last week then the past 6 days i've been sensible eating only "proper " food and so by tomorrow its low cal time. In response to the food pack I was offered it but I've ordered 30 Slimfast ready made drinks from Boots for £30.00 as I've been told in the weeks post surgery you are taking in such small amounts its better to have screw top lids - so no discernment on what they taste like just too mean to pay the £100 odd pounds. I've also stll got quite a lot of left over VLC food packs so I'm planning on using those as well. So its countdown to surgery .....14 more sleeps .............x
hi and welcome hun . Well done on starting to cut down its hard isnt it. 14 more days and you will be on the losers bench . All the best with your journey x

Back