• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

Hi Sharona, My head is all over the place! I'm eating myself stupid cause feel like I won't ever be able to have certain things again. Although it's a conscious thing to have these 'food funerals' I like it at the time, then it messes with my head afterwards cause I think that's just more I'll have to loose and I feel overwhelmed . I am booked in for my bypass on the 7/11 and I've been up and down with my decision and wondering if it's the right thing. However a couple of everyday things that have happened recently tell me I'm doing the right thing by undergoing this extreme process. 1) I went to the park today and was grateful that my little boy fell asleep in his buggy before we got there cause I didn't have the energy to run round after him. My back and knees were killing me after walking for only about 15mins 2) Had to have an emergency trip to the dentist yesterday and as I sat in the waiting room a thought suddenly occurred to me... There was a very real possibility that I wouldn't fit in the dentist chair. Despair didn't even come close! 3) We went on a family holiday recently and I really struggled to fit in the plane seat plus I had to have an extender belt for the first time ever ! Whilst out for a meal on above holiday went to sit at a cafe table and then the sickening realisation my legs and backside were too wide for the chairs! I could go on ... Think I've talked my self back into the fact I'm doing the right thing! I'm booked now so tell myself time for cold feet has gone! Bypass 7/11 Mcr area! Anyone else local to me??
Aww hun i have same thoughts hun but you no what we have to do this esp for you with your son to be able to run after him but be so much fun wouldn't it? We have been given the opportunity so lets grasp it with both hands! We can support one another on this forum thats why its great to have advise from pps. All the best . Im not in that area is that Manchester?? Im west midlands x

mrsg. I can relate to alot of that. its just makes me realise it will all be worth it in the end. and im eating loads atm coz I know I wount be able to for much longer. start my 2week diet a week monday so just enjoying what I can now. its my youngests 1st birthday today so ive well and truely done it with the party food.lol.x
aww happy 1st birthday to your little one. Yes it will be so worth it. In struggling to get the weight down.

Hello can I join in? I was originally due to have my revision surgery – band to sleeve - on 3 September. My dad died suddenly In August and then I broke my foot the day after his funeral so the operation had to be cancelled. I was in a plaster cast for just over six weeks, but it finally came off on 14th October. I rang the hospital on 15th October to tell them – I thought I would not get a date until the New Year. They rang back on 17th October and told me I would be done on 26th November and to restart the LSD. The surgeon wants me on the LSD for as long as possible. I have a range of emotions about the upcoming op. I started the LSD originally at the end of July and have lost a fair amount despite being immobile for a lot of the time. With the grief I have been feeling over losing my dad, I haven’t really been thinking about food in the same way and it has helped to keep me focused and hope it will until the op. I am seeing the surgeon next week as I need to ask a lot of questions. The surgeon’s secretary has been fantastic in terms of support and slotted me in at short notice. I have been looking at the posts of people who have had revision procedures and I am very worried. I really do want this to be the last WLS I have – I really do not think physically or emotionally at my age I can go through any more, so I want it to be right. TBx
. So sorry for your loss you have been through so much here . How did you manage being on the LAD for so long??? How much did you lose in the first month?? I am glad that the secretary etc have been helpful to you as you so needed that support. You are having your op one day before me I'm 27th. I can imagine you are very worried it sounds like a very big op that! Sorry how old are you ? You don't have to answer if you don't to! All the best we will support you .

haya guys I am now terrified. juat found a website with reviews of dolan park and the hospital group after care. there is quite a few negative reviews. saying bands slip/slide etc. I asked about it at my consaltatiin and was told its very very rare and only happens if u dont follows the rules and overeat.
I know ill still go ahead with surgery but im now realy nervous :(

hi tranquil butterfly. firstly sorry for ur loss.sounds like uv had a horendus time.
im glad theyve fitted u in so soon. im just wondering (sorry u dont have to answer) but whats ledbu to go from band to sleve? I only ask as im due to have a band in 3 weeks and realy wana here the negatives awel as positives. good luck with ur wld x

Hi jib. It is a long story. I was originally due to have bypass 4 years ago. Something went wrong during the op – I have never been able to find out what exactly and I woke up with a band. I tried my very best with the tool given. I did lose weight but then I developed a hernia. I then experienced problems with fills in that every time I had one I was over restricted and ended up having defills. They then thought the band had slipped. It got to the point where after 18 months the hospital and I both concluded it was not working for me. What followed after that was a fight between the hospital and my local commissioner about who was going to foot the bill for my revision surgery. I was left while all this was going on in a lot of pain until they took all the fluid out of my band, I think in April 2013. Eventually after the Chief Executive of the hospital intervened in June 2014 I was put on the waiting list for the revision surgery.

Please do not be put off. It is important to fully explore all the options and then go for what is right for you. There are lots of people on here who have had great success with the band. None of the procedures are magic bullets – they all take a lot of hard work and commitment.

Good luck and best wishes.

TBx

thanku so much for telling me ur story. sounds like uv hard a battle on ur hands.im glad ur finaly getting ur bipass.
tbh the main reason ive gone for band is cost. however I did go to my gp before booking surgery to get his opinion and he said it was a good idea for me and advised me against bipass putely due to my age (28). I am nervous as seen conflicting opinions but im just hoping it works. good luck for ur op x

. So sorry for your loss you have been through so much here . How did you manage being on the LAD for so long??? How much did you lose in the first month?? I am glad that the secretary etc have been helpful to you as you so needed that support. You are having your op one day before me I'm 27th. I can imagine you are very worried it sounds like a very big op that! Sorry how old are you ? You don't have to answer if you don't to! All the best we will support you .

Hi Sharona. Thank you for your kind words.

In terms of the LSD the surgeon warned me I would have to be on it for 6 to 8 weeks. I got into a zone with it and when my dad died the grief meant I had to be disciplined about actually eating something. It was hard when I went to Jamaica to bury him. I actually took some cup a soup with me and as foul as they are that helped! My dad worried about me and my health so much I am now doing this for him as much as for me and that is keeping me focussed.

The other thing I am determined not to do is get hung up on the scales - so in terms of your question about what I lost in the first month I cannot answer accurately. I did, after a short time on the LSD relent and got some batteries for the scales and weighed once a week. From when I started to do that before I went out to Jamaica for my dad’s funeral (14 days) I lost just over a stone. When I had the plaster cast taken off my foot I weighed myself and have lost just over 2 stones. I came off the LSD once they cancelled the op but have tried to stick to about 1100 calories a day as I knew I would have to restart the LSD at some point, did not want to undo the work I had done and being housebound and immobile not to mention still grieving and being an emotional eater there was a danger of doing that. So I am pleased with that and I am not finding doing the LSD again as hard. Whether I will be able to keep it up is another matter. I am in the mindset that this is about a huge lifestyle change – and a lifetime commitment. It is my view it is not going to work unless you are prepared to make those changes and do the hard work that goes with it. You asked my age – I am 52.

This site is great for support and although I do not post as often as I used to I am always lurking!

Good luck to everyone having their surgery this month and I wish you the very best Sharona.
TBx

thanku so much for telling me ur story. sounds like uv hard a battle on ur hands.im glad ur finaly getting ur bipass.
tbh the main reason ive gone for band is cost. however I did go to my gp before booking surgery to get his opinion and he said it was a good idea for me and advised me against bipass putely due to my age (28). I am nervous as seen conflicting opinions but im just hoping it works. good luck for ur op x

They are going to do the sleeve - I hope! Keep reading and researching and be happy with your choice so you can use your tool to maximum effect. I do understand about the cost if you are having to fund this yourself.

Best wishes

TBx

sorry I ment sleeve. sounds like ur doing so well even with going through such a horrible time. well done. I start my diet a week tomo.so guna spend this coming week meal planning. again good luck ur doing so well x

sorry I ment sleeve. sounds like ur doing so well even with going through such a horrible time. well done. I start my diet a week tomo.so guna spend this coming week meal planning. again good luck ur doing so well x

Thank you - you will do well too:). Planning is a great habit to get into.

TBx

Hi Sharona. Thank you for your kind words. In terms of the LSD the surgeon warned me I would have to be on it for 6 to 8 weeks. I got into a zone with it and when my dad died the grief meant I had to be disciplined about actually eating something. It was hard when I went to Jamaica to bury him. I actually took some cup a soup with me and as foul as they are that helped! My dad worried about me and my health so much I am now doing this for him as much as for me and that is keeping me focussed. The other thing I am determined not to do is get hung up on the scales - so in terms of your question about what I lost in the first month I cannot answer accurately. I did, after a short time on the LSD relent and got some batteries for the scales and weighed once a week. From when I started to do that before I went out to Jamaica for my dad’s funeral (14 days) I lost just over a stone. When I had the plaster cast taken off my foot I weighed myself and have lost just over 2 stones. I came off the LSD once they cancelled the op but have tried to stick to about 1100 calories a day as I knew I would have to restart the LSD at some point, did not want to undo the work I had done and being housebound and immobile not to mention still grieving and being an emotional eater there was a danger of doing that. So I am pleased with that and I am not finding doing the LSD again as hard. Whether I will be able to keep it up is another matter. I am in the mindset that this is about a huge lifestyle change – and a lifetime commitment. It is my view it is not going to work unless you are prepared to make those changes and do the hard work that goes with it. You asked my age – I am 52. This site is great for support and although I do not post as often as I used to I am always lurking! Good luck to everyone having their surgery this month and I wish you the very best Sharona. TBx
i remember now reading your post somewhere else! I just so want to give you hugs! You have been through so much grief but managed to continue to diet what an inspiration. You sound so disciplined. I too wish you all the best . Im going to need so much support . I have another diary and finding all this so hard. Im really going to have to get a grip as time is running out and i need to lose at least another stone and half by at least 24th nov . Any suggestions?? All the best hun sorry again about your dad and hope your foot is now healed. Xx

i remember now reading your post somewhere else! I just so want to give you hugs! You have been through so much grief but managed to continue to diet what an inspiration. You sound so disciplined. I too wish you all the best . Im going to need so much support . I have another diary and finding all this so hard. Im really going to have to get a grip as time is running out and i need to lose at least another stone and half by at least 24th nov . Any suggestions?? All the best hun sorry again about your dad and hope your foot is now healed. Xx

Thank you Sharona :hug99:

I just saw your diary thread. I know it is easier said than done but try not panic. I see you have been set a weight target and that is going to add to the pressure. I know you have tried myfitnesspal and struggled with it but I find it a great way of keeping track on things. I have set a calorie level that is the one suggested for my LSD. My LSD is very strict so it is easy to follow - there is little choice! I make sure I plan meals and have everything in and no temptations. I only have Mr TB to look after and no kids - I know if you have a family to cater for it is difficult. However this is about you - it is a big and important time. We are all different so it is about finding what works for you. If you have the LSD sheets and a choice find one now and start to do it. I know you have been having some practice runs but it may be adding to your stress so why not plunge in now and get into the routine? It will become routine after a week and before you know it you will find you are coping fine. Just a few suggestions which I hope will help you think about things.

I will be rooting for you - as will everyone else on here. I know you can do this.

TBx

I have my consultation tomorrow.

I'm Absolutely terrified. And now feeling really deflated and negative after some negative comments on another site I've read.

I'm just hoping tomorrow sparks that excitement again! X

good luck with ur consaltation. I hooe its not what ive said on another thread about reading loads of negative things about bands? I hope they book u in soon x

good luck with ur consaltation. I hooe its not what ive said on another thread about reading loads of negative things about bands? I hope they book u in soon x

No not on this site. Another one!!!
And my post was similar on the other site and I got a lot of abuse! So left!!! X

No not on this site. Another one!!! And my post was similar on the other site and I got a lot of abuse! So left!!! X
OH NO!! Thats horrible . Well we will support you where we can all the best with the appointment you will be fine. Its going to be an exciting journey for you. X

Thankyou to both of you.

I must admit everyone I've come across on this site has been lovely and supportive and very helpful!

Thanks I'll let you know how it goes. Only 3 weeks till surgery so wonder if pre op diet will start tomorrow! X

November newbies - I paid for my op today and start my LSD on Friday! Non of this feels real for me at the moment! Very bizarre! Hope I get in the zone soon?

November newbies - I paid for my op today and start my LSD on Friday! Non of this feels real for me at the moment! Very bizarre! Hope I get in the zone soon?

Wahooooo
Well done good luck!

I think I have to do 5 days of LSD!
Consultation tomorrow. Op in 3 weeks :)

Xxx

Back