• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

Hi TB, sorry to read you've been through the mill, hopefully things will start to get better for you. It will be interesting to see what you have lost, but the fact your clothes etc are loose is a positive anyway. I've lost 52 pounds so far. It's coming off slowly, only thing is I really do have to fight the sugar and alcohol cravings. It's controlling the emotional eating is what I find the hardest. Good luck x

Nice to hear from you Zenia. Your loss is brilliant. I did my weigh in but have to wait until I get my PC set up again to find my records and compare. I have lost so I am pleased with how things are going despite everything that has happened. I still struggle with emotional eating but if I react to it I end up being really sick. I suppose it is not something that will disappear - it is a whole new ball game getting down to what triggers it. Good luck to you too.

TBx

Where are all the November folk????

So many of them seem to have disappeared :(

If there are any out there I hope you are all well and inching closer to your goals x

Where are all the November folk????

So many of them seem to have disappeared :(

If there are any out there I hope you are all well and inching closer to your goals x

Waves to Susie - I am still here! I echo what you say - where are you November people - there were so many of us. I hope you are all ok.

I am still slowly plodding along. I am due back at the hospital on 10 June and I am hoping they will give me some rough idea when they are going to do my hernia op as I am feeling some discomfort now and I think it may be at the root of some of the other issues I have. My biggest concern at the moment is how much hair I have lost. I think that a lot of it is down to the stress I am feeling rather than the surgery. I had my hair done over the weekend and was really shocked - I am practically bald at the front and I had to have a lot of it cut off just because of the condition it was in. My hairdresser has recommended I go every six weeks and have some intense treatments and she said in time it will grow back. It is going to cost a small fortune but I am going to spend the money. I should have done something about it some time ago as I realised it was not in good condition but I let it slide.

I have done no exercise at all apart from walking as I can manage a bit more now. I am still having to use a walking stick as I am still experiencing pain from my broken foot and ankle. I suspect it may never be 100% but that may be down to my age.

I will see what the hospital say about my weight. My clothes are all too big and I am going to have to buy some but I keep putting off the task - I hate shopping for one thing. I am using a belt to keep everything I can up and pinning in the waist of skirts. I know I must look terrible but money is tight and I am still under threat as far as my job is concerned so I cannot afford to splash out.

Anyway enough of me:D - it would be good to hear how everyone is doing.

TBx

Hopefully you'll get some answers when you're at the hospital and you'll be one step closer to getting sorted! You seem to have had a real rough time TB, hope things get better for you x

I also hate shopping though j seem to have done a lot of it lately with changing sizes. Tried not to buy too many too soon but have got quite a few lately now I've reached a size 12 (that was always my goal but now thinking I might regret spending so much if I end up shrinking some more!).

I'm off on my jollies in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to it as I'm off to visit my brother who I haven't seen for a year - needless to say he's going to notice a big difference!

I was very cautious in telling people about my surgery but have recently started being a bit more open and have been really pleased (and relieved) with the response I've had, hated lying about it so it's nice to be open.

Anyway, hope the rest of the November folk are all good.....

Im here sorry to be so distant lots going on in one way or another . Hope everyone is ok. Sounds like you suzie snd Tb are doing very well. Xx

Last edited:
Hi TB, sorry to read you've been through the mill, hopefully things will start to get better for you. It will be interesting to see what you have lost, but the fact your clothes etc are loose is a positive anyway. I've lost 52 pounds so far. It's coming off slowly, only thing is I really do have to fight the sugar and alcohol cravings. It's controlling the emotional eating is what I find the hardest. Good luck x

Hope your still doing ok xxx

Just checking in - how is everyone doing? At last starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the new house. Probably going to end up in litigation over it but at least we can actually start living in it rather than just existing. The job issue has resolved of sorts after 15 months of hell. I am struggling health wise but looking back on what I have been through I should not be suprised really. Time to be kind to myself and to take life a little easier. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow. Not done it for a long time so I will be interested to see where I am. My clothes are baggy to the point where belts are not doing it. I am going to have to go and buy some stuff. It means a trip to Evans to get an idea of what size I am. That will be interesting - I hate that shop but needs must:rolleyes:. Would be nice to hear how everyone is doing. TBx

I'm glad some of your issues are being resolved. You have had a tough time of it since your surgery. I hope your health picks up too xx

Hope your still doing ok xxx

Hi, yes I'm doing fine thank you. I've finally reached the 4 stone loss, but still struggling with carbs and alcohol. I downloaded the 5 day pouch test and followed this which gave me a shove in the right direction. I wish there was something out there that could stop my obsession with food, it still totally controls my life. I do follow the forums each day which has helped, and I do think I will start posting again to get the support as my mind games really don't help. It's interesting to read all the trials and tribulations as it does help to see that you are not alone. xxx

Hope your in a good place Sharona with the lots you have going on xx
Sorry meant here not hear lol I've corrected it foggy brain.. Im ok hun wish i could come and meet you all but I'm due to start a new job just waiting for a start date etc. i find it all difficult eating lots of sweet things i never did this before. But weight is so slow staying same for a month now with a few ibs increase here and there. How are you doing??? Xx

Hi, yes I'm doing fine thank you. I've finally reached the 4 stone loss, but still struggling with carbs and alcohol. I downloaded the 5 day pouch test and followed this which gave me a shove in the right direction. I wish there was something out there that could stop my obsession with food, it still totally controls my life. I do follow the forums each day which has helped, and I do think I will start posting again to get the support as my mind games really don't help. It's interesting to read all the trials and tribulations as it does help to see that you are not alone. xxx
I totally understand all you say im there with you too back on the booze! Whats wrong with us??
I also down loaded the pouch test on my kindle over a good month ago now great book x

Hi all, I'm still here :)
Good to hear from you all. I'm doing ok, lost 9st 7 so far (4 of which on the preop) weight loss has slowed completely down but I'm finally out of the 20's!! Only just so still a long way to go but feel so much better! Still pick at naughty things now and again which is not good. Rarely dump but can eat most things. Went out for first time in ages last week and oh dear!! Drunk!! Lesson learnt lol. Nice to hear from you x
Going to meet at Walsall manor tonight - TB If you can make it at 7 x

Where are all the November folk???? So many of them seem to have disappeared :( If there are any out there I hope you are all well and inching closer to your goals x

I'm still here Susie! Nearly at my first goal (75kg) but been away to Disneyland over half term and feel as though I have really slipped up. Struggling to get back to the straight and narrow and dreading the weigh in tomorrow!

your doing better than me. I'm nowhere near four stone yet

The constant battle with the food and for me the wine is so wearing. I went to an OA meeting but not the right one. Only one other person attended. Might try another. But as long as we are winning the battle and not being sucked under - I read a short on line book by a guy called Kris Gunnars it's about beating food addiction. I follow his blog. I think his site is "nutrition authority" I have been following him for a couple of years he's a low carber and med student a recovering alcoholic and recovering narcotic abuser. Now a recovering food addict - and I thought I had problems! But I keep revisiting his online book. I just don't know if I'm in a place to consider all the processed foods and trigger food to be like drugs or alcohol and a abstain from them FOREVER. Eek! But it makes sense. I can follow my low carb plan for days or weeks....then bam! One skip and I'm right back on the crap. I remember I had lost stones one year to go to Florida. When it came time to go I was dreading it as I knew I would fall of the diet wagon. And yes I did and went on a two year bender!!!! So maybe there is something in this abstinence for life :-(

Start posting. It's great to get support. I just think the folk on here are amazing

Take care x

Hi all, I'm still here :)
Good to hear from you all. I'm doing ok, lost 9st 7 so far (4 of which on the preop) weight loss has slowed completely down but I'm finally out of the 20's!! Only just so still a long way to go but feel so much better! Still pick at naughty things now and again which is not good. Rarely dump but can eat most things. Went out for first time in ages last week and oh dear!! Drunk!! Lesson learnt lol. Nice to hear from you x
Going to meet at Walsall manor tonight - TB If you can make it at 7 x

Hi mazza - sorry just saw this. Will try and get to the meeting next month. You are doing so well - fantastic loss.

TBx

Sorry meant here not hear lol I've corrected it foggy brain.. Im ok hun wish i could come and meet you all but I'm due to start a new job just waiting for a start date etc. i find it all difficult eating lots of sweet things i never did this before. But weight is so slow staying same for a month now with a few ibs increase here and there. How are you doing??? Xx

Hit 12.6 the other day! Back down to 12.3

Not good! That is me up from 11.7

Going for X-rays under barium this morning to establish where the leak in my band is - surgery to repair it within next few weeks. Then hopefully back on track

Can't blame the leak in the band entirely bi have been binging.

This is one hard journey. But we will all get there I'm sure if it xxxxx

Hi all, I'm still here :) Good to hear from you all. I'm doing ok, lost 9st 7 so far (4 of which on the preop) weight loss has slowed completely down but I'm finally out of the 20's!! Only just so still a long way to go but feel so much better! Still pick at naughty things now and again which is not good. Rarely dump but can eat most things. Went out for first time in ages last week and oh dear!! Drunk!! Lesson learnt lol. Nice to hear from you x Going to meet at Walsall manor tonight - TB If you can make it at 7 x

Inspirational xxx

I'm still here Susie! Nearly at my first goal (75kg) but been away to Disneyland over half term and feel as though I have really slipped up. Struggling to get back to the straight and narrow and dreading the weigh in tomorrow!

Holidays are part of life. As long as you enjoyed it. You will get back on track. You have this amazing WLS tool to help you

Hit 12.6 the other day! Back down to 12.3

Not good! That is me up from 11.7

Going for X-rays under barium this morning to establish where the leak in my band is - surgery to repair it within next few weeks. Then hopefully back on track

Can't blame the leak in the band entirely bi have been binging.

This is one hard journey. But we will all get there I'm sure if it xxxxx

Good luck today Kursty.

TBx

Back