• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2015 Surgeries

Hey everyone hope ur all doing well, just checking in, well my weight has come to a bit of a stall now been the same for the last 2 weeks, I'm on soft food stage but only managing tiny amounts, I end up throwing most of it away. My brain wants roast chicken but I know I can't eat that yet lol.

Think I've hit a stall at the min as the scales haven't moved :-( I'm doing what I should be doing and only 6 weeks out gggrrr I thought the first few months is the time when it comes off the most? Feeling bit down and don't know why? Full of a rotton stinking cold too so that's not helping.

I'm on soft foods now, finding I can't tolerate chicken or salmon which I loved pre op

That's a shame maybe you'll be able to in time especially the salmon ,chicken isn't really a soft food so maybe that's why it can be a bit more tricky does it just hurt when u try? x

I slow cooked the chicken then blitzed it so it was like a purée but it gives me pain under my breast, trying to introduce other foods, it's mad at how little I can eat now compares to how much I ate before x

I slow cooked the chicken then blitzed it so it was like a purée but it gives me pain under my breast, trying to introduce other foods, it's mad at how little I can eat now compares to how much I ate before x

I'm still on liquids So got all that to come you had a few problems after surgery didn't you? Have you hot yo back in at all if so maybe that's contributing to the pain? Xx

I've got to go back 10th March and have another contrast scan to see if I need the hole to my new stomach stretched, maybe that is what is causing me pain. Will just have to wait and see I guess. How are u finding the journey so far? Xx

I've got to go back 10th March and have another contrast scan to see if I need the hole to my new stomach stretched, maybe that is what is causing me pain. Will just have to wait and see I guess. How are u finding the journey so far? Xx

Could well be I've had a band to sleeve conversion two weeks ago I'm doing ok so far thanks hope you don't have to have a second op x

I think my weight loss has stalled as well, tbh I'm trying not to weigh myself too often. I'm still a bit sick, but no longer in hospital and I'm back at work so I'm in a much happier place :) what kind of things are you eating? It's good your enjoying the food though.

Mine finally moved this week - I'm hoping it will keep moving downwards for a while. I'm eating ... ( bring flexible with rules a little) whole meal seeded slice of toast with soft cooked egg in the morning. Not much during the day but usually something like porridge or a naked bar or babybel cheese then in the evening tuna with salad or egg with salad. If I need something warm too then I add a few tablespoons of heated baked beans. I do love my salad though. I also have a supply of mini calippos ( around 50 calories). I think I've worked out that I lose weight with the above food and if it's around 900 calories overall. I've tried to drink water as much as I can otherwise I get low blood pressure...

How are things with you? Has the stall subsided? Also, what are you eating??!

Does anyone up their calorie/food intake for the days they exercise?
well, If im going on a long, fast walk, I will snack just before I go or mid walk. Nothing huge maybe a veg muffin, couple of rich tea and milk etc...

Does anyone up their calorie/food intake for the days they exercise?

That's a good question, I've been slacking on the exercise so I'm starting couch to 5k tomorrow, maybe I'll increase what I'm eating. I'll let you know how I get on. How is everyone doing?

Just checking in as I've not posted for a while, went for my diabetic review on Thursday and according to their scales I'm now down 5 stone since 21st December! I'm over the moon as I did have a stall for around 3 weeks so didn't weigh myself for a while, but in those weeks I didn't weigh I managed to loose another stone, happy lady now :)

I know, I am amazed at just how much I've lost, so so happy tho, and was probably sure to me having a bit of a rough start maybe?

Back