• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

want2b3
If I dont get chance to check in over the weekend, very best of luck on Monday - I'll be thinking of you. You'll be fine and posting again on here in no time. Take care and try not to worry x
Thanks Iwannabe can't believe it is now so close. I feel ready nearly but still have not packed. I hope being 1st through for November I will have good news to share x

Hi can I join?
I'm having a sleeve on 11th November in Manchester. I've so many emotions right now but trying to focus on what will be a new me!
Welcome Mrs N to the group. Good to have you on board! We're probably all feeling the same if we're honest, so dont think youre on your own. I had my consultation in Manchester!

Its NHS funded but having it at the Alexander hospital in Cheadle, very posh they may not let me in ;)

I'm having mine there too. Although it's self funded. Who is your surgeon? What pre op diet are you doing?

I'm having mine there too. Although it's self funded. Who is your surgeon? What pre op diet are you doing?
Mr Senepati, I havent met him yet as originally it was someone else. Im doing the milk diet as I was sent both options and thought with a busy job and family itd be the easier option, not having to 'think' too much about food x

Mr Senepati, I havent met him yet as originally it was someone else. Im doing the milk diet as I was sent both options and thought with a busy job and family itd be the easier option, not having to 'think' too much about food x

Will you just meet him on the day?
I hate milk. Makes me Vom. But I'm going to give it a go on Monday - I have only been asked to do it for 10 days.
Just re read the info to get my head around it but I'm pretty confused as to what I should buy for when I come out of hospital. Liquid only for 2 weeks - wonder if I could make some fine soup in my soup maker and freeze in tiny pots. What protein shake would people recommend??

I used slimfast and coconut protein water from Waitrose. Give yourself a range as it gets boring pretty fast.

Will you just meet him on the day?
I hate milk. Makes me Vom. But I'm going to give it a go on Monday - I have only been asked to do it for 10 days.
Just re read the info to get my head around it but I'm pretty confused as to what I should buy for when I come out of hospital. Liquid only for 2 weeks - wonder if I could make some fine soup in my soup maker and freeze in tiny pots. What protein shake would people recommend??
I used Ufit protein shakes.

I used Ufit protein shakes.

Thanks I looked at these but couldn't work out which one and if the sugar content was high.

I used slimfast and coconut protein water from Waitrose. Give yourself a range as it gets boring pretty fast.

That's one of my worries - how samey it will be. Didn't know you could get protein water though.

Thanks I looked at these but couldn't work out which one and if the sugar content was high.

info taken from Tesco online - 22g protein and no added sugar, meaning the sugars are from the milk. I lost ok on them and they didn't upset my blood sugars

High protein nutrition drink

Visit theproteindrinksco.com to learn more about the power of protein and to view our range of nutritious drinks.

UFIT is packed with 22g of protein goodness with added fibre, vitamins and minerals. Made from milk protein, UFIT is designed to support the demands of an active lifestyle and can help in the building and maintenance of healthy muscle and bones.

Pack Size: 310ml

Milk with added muscle!
Rich in calcium
22g high in protein
Vitamins + fibre
No added sugar
Rich in calcium
High in protein
Vitamins + fibre
No added sugar
Information

Ingredients:
Skimmed Milk, Water, Whole Milk, Milk Protein, Dietary Fibre, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Corn), Beta Glucan, Trisodiumcitrate, Stabilizer: Carrageenan, Dextrose, Salt, Flavour, Sweetener: Sucralose, Vitamins & Minerals: Sodium Ascorbate, Vitamin E Acetate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D3

Storage:
Keep sealed in a cool dry place.
Once opened consume within 24 hours.
Best Before Date: See side of pack
Country of Origin:
Produce of the EU

Origin Free Text:
Made in the EU

Preparation and Usage:
Use between meals as a nutritious snack or on the go when you're pushed for time.

Shake up your health
Drink chilled

Name and Address:
Made for:
The Protein Drinks Co.,
1 Bell Street,
Maidenhead,
Berkshire,
SL6 1BU.

Return To:
We'd love to hear from you so email us at [email protected] or call us on 01628 421 765
The Protein Drinks Co.,
1 Bell Street,
Maidenhead,
Berkshire,
SL6 1BU.

Net Contents:
310 Millilitres ℮

Nutrition

Nutrition
Typical Values Typical Values Per 100ml Per bottle RI*
kJ 231 716 -
kcal 55 170 -
Fat (g) 1.0 3.2 -
of which saturates (g) 0.6 1.9 -
Carbohydrate (g) 3.6 11.0 -
of which sugars (g) 3.3 10.4 -
Fibre (g) 1.2 3.6 -
Protein (g) 7.1 22.0 -
Salt (mg) 78 243 -
Vitamin D (µg) 0.33 1 20%
Vitamin E (mg) 0.78 2.4 20%
Vitamin C (mg) 5.2 16 20%
Selenium (µg) 3.60 11 20%
Calcium (mg) 175 541 68%
*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000Kcal) - - -

Thanks Sam.
How many of them were you having a day in the first 2 weeks?

After 5 days of the milk diet ive switched to the 800 calorie food option today, I was told I could do either and opted for milk out of ease or so I thought, but I was getting so fed up of it I was struggling to get enough in, I never thought a salad could taste so amazing :worthy:

Hi out there. I'm Maggy, a revisioner. I'll tell you my tale a bit later but I wanted to start a thread for those who have surgery dates in November 2016. Not sure if this is the right place but I'm hoping the moderators can put us right if not.

So far there are three surgeries in November that I know of:

2 November - Want2b3
8 November - Iwannabeslimagain
17 November - Maggy

Please add your dates if you want to

Good luck everyone!
Maggy xx
Hi I'm new her today. My surgery is 23 Nov. Scared but excited. Good luck to you all.

After 5 days of the milk diet ive switched to the 800 calorie food option today, I was told I could do either and opted for milk out of ease or so I thought, but I was getting so fed up of it I was struggling to get enough in, I never thought a salad could taste so amazing :worthy:

The milk diet is tough going!!! How you feeling otherwise??

The milk diet is tough going!!! How you feeling otherwise??
Like im on the big one at blackpool, such an emotional rollercoaster, I go from petrified to excited and back again so quickly, next tuesday still feels so far away, wish it was sooner if only to stop me thinking too much x

Back