• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Hi dollydot

My surgery is 29th Nov. I'm also going to Prague but having my done at praga medica, not through beautiful beings
I super excited to get on the road to health and fitness. There is so much I want to do!
When do you go?
I go on Monday and have op on Tuesday, all being well I should be discharged Friday afternoon. How long are you staying in Prague after your op.

Hi everyone. Well, where to start?? Not good news. I underwent surgery yesterday but my surgeon advised me shortly after recovery that he had been unable to carry out the procedure as I had a very large hiatus hernia and my stomach was very high up within the thorax area. This rules out any WLS including band and balloon. So, this is where the journey ends for me. I wish you all success with your surgeries and on-going weight losses. This is a great site and your support and advise has been fantastic. Thank you and keep up the good work!
Sorry to hear this news @Iwannabeslimagain, you must be gutted. I had an endoscopy in July which showed a small Hiatus hernia ,my surgeon says ok to go ahead with surgery . I'm hoping that'll still be the case on Tuesday ! Take care, i hope they can sort out the hernia for you.

Im not always known for my optimism so I keep thinking something isnt quite right, im walking about fine getting up and down out of a chair or the bed is a bit uncomfy and the wind is stuck up a bit under my ribs, but im only on paracetamol, and ive drank about 600mls today. Im on clexane injections for a week, but definitely tired now x
Your doing marvelous! Oh you lucky thing only a week on clexane, I was given 28 days worth? Each day the injection is getting harder and harder to do...took me an hour last night and causing stress/acid and BP to raise! Do you think I should check with nurse to see if I can stop after all I am not bed bound. Wish I could sleep in bed lol!

I go on Monday and have op on Tuesday, all being well I should be discharged Friday afternoon. How long are you staying in Prague after your op.

I also fly on a Monday, op on the Tuesday and I chose to stay an extra night. I fly back on the Saturday. Easier for husband to collect and easier for me as I have a house full of kids - 5
Have you set yourself a target?

I also fly on a Monday, op on the Tuesday and I chose to stay an extra night. I fly back on the Saturday. Easier for husband to collect and easier for me as I have a house full of kids - 5
Hi and good luck!!! How are you feeling??

Your doing marvelous! Oh you lucky thing only a week on clexane, I was given 28 days worth? Each day the injection is getting harder and harder to do...took me an hour last night and causing stress/acid and BP to raise! Do you think I should check with nurse to see if I can stop after all I am not bed bound. Wish I could sleep in bed lol!
I would definately check, 28 days seems a bit extreme especially if youre mobile, as for me doing so well thankyou, but feel like the bruising maybe kicking in this morning, will need to try and rest more today x

I'm flying back on day of discharge, all being well of course. You certainly do have a house full, I hope you'll find time to rest! I'd hoping to lose 6 or 7 stone which should make me an acceptable weight for my height. I'm only 5 foot so im like a weeble lol. What about you target wise?

We will be surgery twins, how exciting!

I've started telling people I'm actually having it done next week instead of February and they are all worrying about me now! I can't wait to get it done and on my new journey sooner than expected!

Pretty nervous now. I only fly on the 28th Nov and just looking forward to getting to be a slimmer, fitter healthier me!
Have you had the sleeve?

Not yet....tomorrow!

How are you feeling about everything today @MrsN x

I'm feeling chilled. Doesn't seem real! Off to a gig tonight. Hoping I don't have any complications and recover quickly.

Im so excited for you and the staff at the Alex were so lovely, fingers crossed for a smooth ride for you x

Good luck for tomorrow Mrs N! I'm going to be tracking how people are for the next week!

Had MDT today and not everyone realised I was having the sleeve done next week other than the dietician! So now on the liver reducing diet which doesn't look too bad! Although had planned to go for a Chinese with friends tonight so I'll be drooling watching them eat! It'll be worth it though I can't wait.

Back