• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Hi yes I've my hubby at home plus family will help if needed. I guess we just have to listen to our bodies and go with it. Are you tired?
Not when I am sitting or pottering around for a few minutes at a time. When I tried light work this morning the pain told me to stop and felt exhausted. I am having trouble getting protein into me as can't stomach shakes, reddriebrek yogurt yet so still on clear liquids with lots of marvel for protein. 6 tablespoons a day in pint of milk. I put it in soup options and tea. but stomach will know when it is ready as I had a larger staple site and extra muscle deep stitches that normally doesn't happen.

Not when I am sitting or pottering around for a few minutes at a time. When I tried light work this morning the pain told me to stop and felt exhausted. I am having trouble getting protein into me as can't stomach shakes, reddriebrek yogurt yet so still on clear liquids with lots of marvel for protein. 6 tablespoons a day in pint of milk. I put it in soup options and tea. but stomach will know when it is ready as I had a larger staple site and extra muscle deep stitches that normally doesn't happen.

That's really interesting - dietician told me today they don't recommend adding milk powder in for 2 weeks and for it to be clear fluids only. Not sure how anyone manages that!

That's really interesting - dietician told me today they don't recommend adding milk powder in for 2 weeks and for it to be clear fluids only. Not sure how anyone manages that!
Mrs N they are all different. I should only have 4 tablespoons but because I can't get the protein from yogurts/readriebrek/custard etc I am having a bit extrA that way. I would check with your dietician again as protein is important for healing and I thought straight after surgery it would be crucial? My dietician actually starred it and said this was really important to get this marvel in to me either adding to soup tea or just drink the milk.

@JakkiD and @Iwannabeslimagain hope you are out and sleeved and getting as much rest as you both can. remember listen to your body which I am. It is a week tomorrow I had mine the time flies! You be both losing and staying on that bench with me for good:) catch up when you can but you will both be exhausted after and takes a few days for the fog to disappears in the mind.

Hello Novemeber Sleevers

I am now home and sleeved! Got home yesterday evening. The operation was fast just under an hour but took 2 hours in recovery due to not coming round. Had low oxygen levels for 24hrs and needed oxygen. Was up and could walk with help second day and walk small steps from yesterday and today. Yes there is pain but yes well worth it. I am glad I just woke up! Will catch up again later but wanted to touch base and thank you all for your well wishes xx
Well done, and pleased you are home. Take it easy and make sure you hold your wound if you cough or sneeze. I had morphine in the first 24 hours but was then switched to soluble paracetamol to go home with and it worked fine as long as I took it regularly. It will be sore for a while but soon becomes manageable if you don't overdo it.

Well done, and pleased you are home. Take it easy and make sure you hold your wound if you cough or sneeze. I had morphine in the first 24 hours but was then switched to soluble paracetamol to go home with and it worked fine as long as I took it regularly. It will be sore for a while but soon becomes manageable if you don't overdo it.
Thanks Samm55 I was so relieved just to wake up never mind the operation lol and was a long time in recovery and needed oxygen as oxygen levels low which is expected as my peak flow is low with the asthma. I couldn't have morphine due to my breathing so felt the pain but breathed through the steps/moving etc. on peadiatric cal pol since being home too. Been in a bit of pain today going to ring team tomorrow about it although it has eased off now stomach cramps happen every time I have a meal (soup/options drink) so have not started the heavy stuff readiebrek/yogurts etc yet. Yes I have learnt from this morning not to overdo it doing very light things. Get a lot of pain in night I think it is an empty stomach and acid effects despite having the lansoprazol before I go to bed.

@SAM55 yep had the sneeze 2 times lol not too bad as can control the sneeze

Hi all I didnt get back on the ward until 8pm and all ive done is sleep but really interrupted with all the ruddy monitoring, ive just got out of bed for a wee so a bit more awake now but not much ha, bit achey but thanks for all your concern best of all IM STILL HERE AND NOW ON THAT BENCH :0icanfly:

@JakkiD yay come and sit on the losers bench for good! Well done Hun! How are you feeling? Yes being here is the biggest thing getting through operation. You make sure you rest. Great your getting out of bed, how is the pain? This tool will help us be on this bench forever
Do you stay in a few days or go home today? How did op go? Did it take long?
I am waking with pain in night so just had calpol and hopefully will settle back. Glad I checked now! Tru and sleep JakkiD and well done

Last edited:
I was petrified to get out of bed scared of popping something but it wasnt as bad as I imagined as always, in a bit of discomfort with gas pain but theres only 2 staff here at present so dont want me walking about. As far as I know op went well i was still spaced out when the surgeon came round lol, im booked for a 1-2 night stay so ill find out more today, you get some rest too, gnite xx

Hi all I didnt get back on the ward until 8pm and all ive done is sleep but really interrupted with all the ruddy monitoring, ive just got out of bed for a wee so a bit more awake now but not much ha, bit achey but thanks for all your concern best of all IM STILL HERE AND NOW ON THAT BENCH :0icanfly:

So pleased to hear from you. Try and mobilise as much as possible get rid of that gas and get sipping. Here's to a happy and healthy (and slim) future.

Glad to hear that all went well for you, the worst part is over ! Looking forward to joining you on the losers bench.

@JakkiD how are you today? Hope you are taking it easy and resting as you will heal better. Have taken a few steps today. Keep pottering around are you on njections?

@Iwannabeslimagain hope yesterday went well and you are sleeved? It can take a few days for head to come round and busy in hospital having to do the simplest things takes ages. Rest and recover Hun and look forward to hearing from you on the bench:)

Hi everyone
I have just joined the website as I'm needing support for my upcoming gastric sleeve op.
I'm going to Prague to have it done and I'm pretty nervous about not being with my husband. I'm looking so forward to a new me, putting myself first is a whole new experience for me. Anyone else been abroad for theirs? Any tips on things to take to the hospital that are not the norm? Would love to hear from you all. Have a super day
Hx

Can I join you? I've just had a call from the Spire and they've had a cancellation for next Thursday and have offered it to me! I've got my MDT tomorrow and guess I'll start the milk diet straight away ready for the 17th! Can't believe that I only sar Mr Byrne last Friday and I'll have had my op within 2 weeks rather than waiting until February!

Hi everyone
I have just joined the website as I'm needing support for my upcoming gastric sleeve op.
I'm going to Prague to have it done and I'm pretty nervous about not being with my husband. I'm looking so forward to a new me, putting myself first is a whole new experience for me. Anyone else been abroad for theirs? Any tips on things to take to the hospital that are not the norm? Would love to hear from you all. Have a super day
Hx
Hi Heidi C, I recently joined the website and have been reading through lots of posts and have found soo much helpful information, i'm sure you'll find out all you need to know ! Like you im going alone (going to Brno, Czech Republic) im also nervous but at the same time looking forward to getting on with it. If you read through this thread there is a post where someone has listed the things they took to hospital, and a friend also suggested taking something for wind, to help with the gas from the surgery. What date is your surgery?

Hi Heidi C, I recently joined the website and have been reading through lots of posts and have found soo much helpful information, i'm sure you'll find out all you need to know ! Like you im going alone (going to Brno, Czech Republic) im also nervous but at the same time looking forward to getting on with it. If you read through this thread there is a post where someone has listed the things they took to hospital, and a friend also suggested taking something for wind, to help with the gas from the surgery. What date is your surgery?

Hi dollydot

My surgery is 29th Nov. I'm also going to Prague but having my done at praga medica, not through beautiful beings
I super excited to get on the road to health and fitness. There is so much I want to do!
When do you go?

Hi everyone. Well, where to start?? Not good news. I underwent surgery yesterday but my surgeon advised me shortly after recovery that he had been unable to carry out the procedure as I had a very large hiatus hernia and my stomach was very high up within the thorax area. This rules out any WLS including band and balloon. So, this is where the journey ends for me. I wish you all success with your surgeries and on-going weight losses. This is a great site and your support and advise has been fantastic. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Back