• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Have a great day @paulam and good luck for your op!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, I'm 13 days in on the milk diet and my RNY bypass is on Weds 16th (3 days and counting), I'm having it done at Luton and Dunstable.

Hi and welcome.
How are you feeling? I didn't find the LRD too bad and gets you in the right head space for the liquid diet post op. I'm 3 days post sleeve and feeling ok. Best of luck and keep us updated!

Hi want2b3 and thank you I like you am not quite there yet organised son is staying with his sister overnight but will do shopping today. I dont have a clue of what I can and cannot have after so I will probably have to wait until after I have surgery. Fortunately I have for girls ranging from 18 to 31 who I will ask to get my liquids in for me. Besides that as it is my BIG birthday today I am going to spend the day pampering myself. Hope they will still go ahead keep waking in the morning with a sore throat then it goes by mid morning
Have a lovely pampering birthday Paulam good idea before op to relax you and as from next birthday in they will be SMALL (you) birthdays:D good idea if you got family to get it. I have loads of milk based products protein drinks etc total waste of money. Unless this milk intolerance clears up I developed post op. Plus what you like before op may totally change after op as what I read from here some have changes in taste buds. The clear soups I got luckily is my main meals. But will have to contact dietician re this milk problem I have developed as no protein. I start purée in 2 days and I can do chicken then which will be fab:)

@Fantababe welcome November Newbie and good luck this week:)

Had my pre-op appointment today. All went well. Except I'm shorter than I thought!!!!!!! Only five foot. I was sure I was at least 5'1 maybe 5'2 at a stretch. ;) Should change my WLS name to 'shortarse' :D

Had my pre-op appointment today. All went well. Except I'm shorter than I thought!!!!!!! Only five foot. I was sure I was at least 5'1 maybe 5'2 at a stretch. ;) Should change my WLS name to 'shortarse' :D

Glad it went well. How are you feeling about the op?

Nervous, @MrsN. I'm a total wuss and not looking forward to the pain afterwards. I've been watching loads of bypass success stories on youtube to keep reminding myself this is the right thing to do. I know it is but I guess its normal to feel a little anxious. I'm being super strict on my LRD. Even if I wasn't perfect on it before I'm determined that the last five days (been good since Saturday) will leave me with a beautiful slim liver. How are you doing now?

Can anyone describe what their sleeve feels like? I know that sounds weird but I don't feel like anything really.
Yep I'm tired this evening from doing too much but I'm drinking ok (had about 800mls so far). When I sip I can hear a gurgling sound but that's it. I'm guessing if I were to put food in there (which I'm not going to) I'd feel full? Just read a comment on my dietician stuff saying be careful not to drink too much - how will I know?
Do you know that feeling you get when you have eaten a very large Christmas dinner with a double helping of Christmas pud for afters, and then a mince pie? It feels something like that, and very sore to start with. Are you still protein free, as protein makes you feel full and uncomfortable.

Do you know that feeling you get when you have eaten a very large Christmas dinner with a double helping of Christmas pud for afters, and then a mince pie? It feels something like that, and very sore to start with. Are you still protein free, as protein makes you feel full and uncomfortable.

No im not protein free. Havin a protein shake each day. I'm becoming more tuned into the sleeve each hour really. Had a negative experience with some soup earlier. NAS seems easiest at the moment. Not too focused on protein right now justbwant to make sure I've enough fluids.

Nervous, @MrsN. I'm a total wuss and not looking forward to the pain afterwards. I've been watching loads of bypass success stories on youtube to keep reminding myself this is the right thing to do. I know it is but I guess its normal to feel a little anxious. I'm being super strict on my LRD. Even if I wasn't perfect on it before I'm determined that the last five days (been good since Saturday) will leave me with a beautiful slim liver. How are you doing now?

I'm sure you'll be fine. Sleeve may be different but my pain is minimal and only where the largest incision is now.

I'm doing ok. Just trying to figure it all out and listen to my body. I was worried about protein but not going to focus on that so much until purée stage and just concentrate on getting fluids in.

Good luck to those having their op tomorrow! See you on the losers bench!

@Dollydot Thank You good luck to you too I have to be there at 6.30 tomorrow morning don't know about you?
Hi Damien I arrived in Brno about 5 o'clock, am now at a hotel for tonight and I'll be taken to the clinic for 7am, lots of pre op test including the dreaded endoscopy and if all is well surgery in the afternoon. Best of luck for tomorrow hope all goes well for you.

Hi and welcome.
How are you feeling? I didn't find the LRD too bad and gets you in the right head space for the liquid diet post op. I'm 3 days post sleeve and feeling ok. Best of luck and keep us updated!
Hiya, thanks I'm ok at the moment just be glad once it's done. Glad you are feeling ok after your op, keep me posted on how you're doing over the next few weeks, good luck.

Hi Damien I arrived in Brno about 5 o'clock, am now at a hotel for tonight and I'll be taken to the clinic for 7am, lots of pre op test including the dreaded endoscopy and if all is well surgery in the afternoon. Best of luck for tomorrow hope all goes well for you.

Have you had an endoscopy before? It's really not that bad I've had 3 just make sure whether you are having sedation or not that you ask for the numbing throat spray you will gag without it but with it it's a bit uncomfortable but nowhere near horrendous really hope it all goes well for you

Back