• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

I'm not allowed readybreak in the liquid stage. I'm the opposite don't feel hungry at all. Or thirsty for that matter. I'm drinking because I have to. And I'm bored! Added a ton of chilli into my chicken soup at lunch 200ml and had a protein shake for breakfast.
I've a freezer full of purée ready for Friday.
@JakkiD wonder if it's just your sleeve healing?
Im not allowed readybrek either yet, my freezer is also stocked ready for next week, my minds just on overdrive, worrying that if im hungry and not getting full, im scared of failing, just thinking out loud, was strangely enjoying the not feeling hungry x

Im not allowed readybrek either yet, my freezer is also stocked ready for next week, my minds just on overdrive, worrying that if im hungry and not getting full, im scared of failing, just thinking out loud, was strangely enjoying the not feeling hungry x

You won't fail....look at how far you've come already! It will take time to get your head around the enormity of what you've had done and what that means for the rest of your life. I certainly don't feel tuned into my sleeve yet and don't know what all the noises are it makes or how I feel all of the time. But it will come. And as long as we stick to what we are told we should be fine. I'm trying hard not to jump ahead too much. I read the dietary advice for soft food phase last night and began to feel very anxious!

I'm not allowed readybreak in the liquid stage. I'm the opposite don't feel hungry at all. Or thirsty for that matter. I'm drinking because I have to. And I'm bored! Added a ton of chilli into my chicken soup at lunch 200ml and had a protein shake for breakfast.
I've a freezer full of purée ready for Friday.
@JakkiD wonder if it's just your sleeve healing?
Each team seem to have slightly different rules I waited 10 days before starting the readybrek mind you as was nervous. But glad I did as the tastiest and lots of vitamins :)

I can not think about food chat ....
It is amazing how the pain of being hungry has gone ....
My focus is on how wonderful this chance to change is ...
Early days at the moment we will all have to find out how our minds more than our bodies adapt

Ok guys I boiled the turkey and added a spoon of gravey then blended it. I ate 2.5 tablespoons of it in about 10 minutes using teaspoon. It didn't look very much only a light brown thick liquid and could taste meaty salty tiny bits in I chewed until broken down. My stomach then started full orchestral sounds :p and I stopped as I have no idea if I am empty or full tbh and don't feel hunger so this is my signal from my stomach. So only 5 minutes ago so don't know any effects but it feels so nice to get proper protein into me:) feel a bit better I have done it as was scared! Now no drink for 60 minutes just in case!

Well done for taking the next plunge @Want2b3. I think every new stage is a bit scary.

Just tested out some broccoli and Stilton soup. Wizard up in the nutribullet and watered down by half with skimmed lactofree. Lovely! Managed about 130 mls and now have a definite full feeling. Maybe a bit too much. And I'm burping. TMI? But that must mean full. Maybe? Lol. So hard to know anything for sure.

NAS is my saving grace. Drinks loads of water pre op - can't face it now!

Oh dear. Think I overdid it with the soup. Drank the whole 200ml and felt a bit crap all evening. Think I'll stick with 100ml for a bit longer.

I found the water in hospital tasted metalicy so I'm glad to be home with squash! Have had £130ml off strained French onion soup for dinner

Thanks @starryeyed and @Hannah2.

So my silly question... I stood in the scales this morning and they were exactly the same as the day of my surgery. I'm guessing maybe I'm still swollen. Can anyone tell me when the inflammation from the surgery settled and when they started losing weight. I know everyone is different but would be good to know what has happened for different people.

So my silly question... I stood in the scales this morning and they were exactly the same as the day of my surgery. I'm guessing maybe I'm still swollen. Can anyone tell me when the inflammation from the surgery settled and when they started losing weight. I know everyone is different but would be good to know what has happened for different people.
In hospital I put on 6 kg after surgery I was on a permanent fluid drip
This and a lot more has fallen off after being home

Everyone's body is different and reacts differently following surgery. You can retain water and also you are swollen, plus you are only on fluids so not having proper nutrition. I lost 7lb in the week after surgery but then lost very slowly, less than a pound one week! Whereas others seem to lose 5 or more pounds a week.

One bit of advice I can give is not to get hung up on the numbers from week to week, you are in this for the long haul and you need to focus on the results over the long time period rather than each week. Some people lose more slowly from the start, or you might find in a few weeks your loss speeds up. Just focus on your nutrition and let your body do what it needs to do.

It took 6 weeks for the swelling to go completely and around 2 weeks for the weight loss to settle after all of the gas they pump into you disappears you'll then notice them moving hopefully xx

Everyone's body is different and reacts differently following surgery. You can retain water and also you are swollen, plus you are only on fluids so not having proper nutrition. I lost 7lb in the week after surgery but then lost very slowly, less than a pound one week! Whereas others seem to lose 5 or more pounds a week.

One bit of advice I can give is not to get hung up on the numbers from week to week, you are in this for the long haul and you need to focus on the results over the long time period rather than each week. Some people lose more slowly from the start, or you might find in a few weeks your loss speeds up. Just focus on your nutrition and let your body do what it needs to do.
wise words Thank you

@maggy i weighed myself this morning and I am slightly heavier than surgery! I'm hoping once my bowels have kicked back into action and things get back to normal I'll get a better reading from the scales

If it helps, I think it's good that you decided to fund privately. It's saving the nhs money in the short and long term by you addressing a major health concern. The NHS would be the preferable way for most people I would imagine, but sometimes that's not an option for various reasons. The goal is the same whichever way you go.

I decided to go private and abroad because it suited me the best, and waiting times were significantly shorter. NHS route wasn't an option for me, I would have had to put on more weight before I became eligible, which sounded like a terrible option. This would have happened since I've been putting on weight gradually throughout yoyo'ing. I felt I needed to take action now in order to protect my health. I could have gone privately in the UK, which was my original plan, but again, the thresholds are considerably higher than abroad. So for me, abroad was the better option, and I am glad I did it.

Don't forget that everyone on here, is here for the same reason. We might all take different routes, but our goals are all the same.

If it helps, I think it's good that you decided to fund privately. It's saving the nhs money in the short and long term by you addressing a major health concern. The NHS would be the preferable way for most people I would imagine, but sometimes that's not an option for various reasons. The goal is the same whichever way you go.

I decided to go private and abroad because it suited me the best, and waiting times were significantly shorter. NHS route wasn't an option for me, I would have had to put on more weight before I became eligible, which sounded like a terrible option. This would have happened since I've been putting on weight gradually throughout yoyo'ing. I felt I needed to take action now in order to protect my health. I could have gone privately in the UK, which was my original plan, but again, the thresholds are considerably higher than abroad. So for me, abroad was the better option, and I am glad I did it.

Don't forget that everyone on here, is here for the same reason. We might all take different routes, but our goals are all the same.
Hats off to you in making your own destiny !!! ... makes me feel very lucky as 3 operations were cancelled on the day of my surgery and the hospital was closed to visitors and wards on the day of my discharge with norovirus

Back