• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

How's everyone's Sunday been?
I've been out for a long walk and now tucked up under blankets watching a Christmas film.
Feeling so much more restriction on my sleeve today. Couldn't manage 200ml soup.

Stitches out tomorrow .. feel like a hedgehog with my 9 incisions ... how many do you sleevers get?

Fantastic....another milestone. No stitches for me. I had dissolvable internal stitches and glue on the outside. I had 5 incisions - but 2 are very small and not really noticeable. The other 3....one is larger and is where the stomach was removed. This one is where I feel stretching and there's brusising around it. Small price to pay though! Hope it goes well Jeff and your still feeling good!

@Chill ive read it in a few diaries so I was relieved. I just have to remind myself it will take a good 6 weeks to fully recover even though I feel pretty good.

It's it odd how they're all so different.

Fantastic....another milestone. No stitches for me. I had dissolvable internal stitches and glue on the outside. I had 5 incisions - but 2 are very small and not really noticeable. The other 3....one is larger and is where the stomach was removed. This one is where I feel stretching and there's brusising around it. Small price to pay though! Hope it goes well Jeff and your still feeling good!
I still have my stomach ... and a new pouch .. we will compare notes later

@jeff20stone ..... oh don't they remove the rest of your stomach when you have a bypass? Sorry I'm clueless. With a sleeve (I presume all sleeves) they cut it to about 20% of original size then remove the rest. Totally mind blowing!

I had 5 and a drain. Non dis-solvable stitches. I did ask why, and was told it was so that you go back to the doctor or hospital to get it looked at.

I thought I only had 5 incisions in total, but there was one in the belly button too.

From previous surgeries with my son it's usually down the the surgeons preference whether you end up with dissolvable, staples etc

Back