• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

So glad to have the site back - missed you all yesterday!!

First weekly weigh in today - Saturday is my normal day so thought I'd stick with it. 2.2kg (5lbs) down so happy with that for a start. 6.2kg down from pre-op weight. Will never see those weights again, yay!!!

Can't wait to start on purée. Can only manage about 400cals on liquids and I'd like a little energy back please ;) Never thought id say this but 800 cals a day sounds like a pig out. Roll on purée. Lol.

Happy weekend everyone!

So who has moved on to purée and how's it going? What sort of things are you having?
It was my first day yesterday and had couple teaspoons yogurt, couple of teaspoons beef stew and then same of spag Bol. All lovely. Felt very full after a few teaspoons.

Sounds yummy!

I can't wait to move onto Purée only a few more days to go!

I even managed to go out with friends last night and had a bowl of soup while they scoffed their meals! They were shocked I could only eat about 1/2 if it was even that amount!!

Are you waiting the full two weeks @Chill?

@maggy yes going to do as I'm told as don't want to risk anything!

@Chill I'm tempted but am also going to do as I'm told. Things are going so much better for me this time round and I don't want to jinx it. I'm enjoying dreaming up my first meal. I rather fancy fish pie and vegetable but will probably test out some runny porridge to start with. :eat:

@maggy i think my first taste will be weetabix or porridge!

Have got a few things in the freezer ready to Purée down!

I did make the kids a chicken korma in the week added some milk and blended it down into a soup which was quite nice and different to my usual French onion soup.

Because I don't feel hungry I almost forget to have anything and haven't been having snacks between either so I know nutritionally I'm not doing great but I know that'll change as I go through the stages

Tried eating chicken today, I had it with tomato soup and made sure it was thoroughly chewed. Seemed to go down ok, and nothing has happened since.

@Nixon how much did you have?

So who has moved on to purée and how's it going? What sort of things are you having?
It was my first day yesterday and had couple teaspoons yogurt, couple of teaspoons beef stew and then same of spag Bol. All lovely. Felt very full after a few teaspoons.
lucky you ... can not wait ... I have been given a month on liquids

@jeff20stone i wouldn't have minded staying on liquids. I feel very nervous about purée.

It's crazy isn't it re the advice. You'd think there'd be national guidance they all followed.

@Nixon so you just blitzed chicken into tomato soup?

Hi all, surgery went well and I am now officially bypassed and on the losers bench :wee:

Went down at about 11am and I as back on the ward by about 13:45. Had quite a bit of gas pain for the first couple of hours but that has pretty much gone for now and I am managing to walk about and drink water with no issues. Now looking forward to the cup of tea I have been promised tomorrow morning lol

@AndyMc1978 thats fantastic news!! I'm sure the tea will be heavenly!
Great you're up and about but rest up too.

@maggy sorry I missed your earlier post. Well done on the first week loss!!!
I'm getting in less cals on purée than liquids!

Hi all, surgery went well and I am now officially bypassed and on the losers bench :wee:

Went down at about 11am and I as back on the ward by about 13:45. Had quite a bit of gas pain for the first couple of hours but that has pretty much gone for now and I am managing to walk about and drink water with no issues. Now looking forward to the cup of tea I have been promised tomorrow morning lol
Fab news ... sleep well

Back