• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

@MrsN I'm still on liquids but have had 180 ml of an Arla drinking yogurt, 200ml soup for lunch and dinner. sometimes I have had runny custard for an evening snack. A couple of times when I have made a curry for the family I've added some extra milk and blitzed it into a soup for something different.

Do you manage to have those snacks while working?

@MrsN I'm still on liquids but have had 180 ml of an Arla drinking yogurt, 200ml soup for lunch and dinner. sometimes I have had runny custard for an evening snack. A couple of times when I have made a curry for the family I've added some extra milk and blitzed it into a soup for something different.

Do you manage to have those snacks while working?
Had cod with partly sauce ... It went down well

Morning!

Have had my stitches out this morning, feels so much better!

Does anyone else forget to eat or is it just me? I forgot about breakfast this morning and have gone straight for lunch now, haven't been having snacks either as I've always eaten when I feel hungry but now I don't feel hungry I don't have that reminder, anyone have any tips to get round it? I guess I'm also worrying about having too much and doing damage.

Hello chill
The forgetting to eat part sounds totally surreal. After struggling with food for so long it sounds like one less thing to worry about.
I have my surgery tomorrow and love reading about people's experiences

Hello chill
The forgetting to eat part sounds totally surreal. After struggling with food for so long it sounds like one less thing to worry about.
I have my surgery tomorrow and love reading about people's experiences
All the best with the Surgery tomorrow .. It is a fantastic journey

@Heidi C good luck for tomorrow!! How are you feeling about it?

@Chill not been in work since starting purée but likely I'd have mid morning yogurt and soup for lunch. Maybe split an arla yogurt between mid morning and mid afternoon then save my pot of purée for tea at home as nobody bats an eyelid eating soup at lunch.

@Heidi C not feeling hungry is the weirdest part! I've always been on to never leave the house without breakfast get shaky and hangry but all that has gone now! I only get something now because I see the time!

@jeff20stone ive been tempted to change to weetabix for breakfast but not brave enough to change things earlier!

Think I will set timers to get all meals and snacks eaten

@Chill - yes, I forget to eat too. By the time I've had my morning coffee it's lunchtime! My real struggle is getting enough protein. I'm adding marvel and nutribullet blasted chicken to everything (well, no chicken in the custard ;) ) but still only getting to 40/50g protein a day. Maybe it will get better when I get to purée though it seems people are eating less on purée - @MrsN. Nice to worry about eating too little rather than too much! I'm having great fun making up baby size pots of soups and custards (essentially sweet soup) :D

@maggy yes my protein has dropped on purée but adding in a shake to try and make it up. The portion sizes are so small so limited in what we can do about it really.

Is everyone finding coffee ok to drink? I've been avoiding it and sticking to cold drinks, mostly water and juice.

I tried some scrambled egg yesterday and that was ok, was nice to have something with a texture and it turns to mush after a couple of chews. It was one medium egg, and I found it very filling.

I did have some cravings for junk yesterday, and I ended up watching Super Size Me as a compromise, can't get over the portion sizes in America.

Is everyone finding coffee ok to drink? I've been avoiding it and sticking to cold drinks, mostly water and juice.

I tried some scrambled egg yesterday and that was ok, was nice to have something with a texture and it turns to mush after a couple of chews. It was one medium egg, and I found it very filling.

I did have some cravings for junk yesterday, and I ended up watching Super Size Me as a compromise, can't get over the portion sizes in America.
love my coffee ... went to hospital today and spoke to somebody post op who was sucking chips
I went out on Friday night but had to come home because I hate the smell of junk food

Back