• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

@Nixon I haven't tried drinking coffee yet, It would affect me sometimes before and I haven't been brave enough to at home as I usually would drink it out of the house, I keep meaning to pop over to the petrol station across the road and get one from the costa machine as a test!!

Thanks @jeff20stone I might try and get to Lidl and have a look, I started driving again today so should be easier to get there

Slippery slope - no way could I suck a chip right now. In the future maybe they'll be a time I can have a couple but im are months away from that.

Slippery slope - no way could I suck a chip right now. In the future maybe they'll be a time I can have a couple but im are months away from that.
I tried a couple off a friends plate when I went for my first 'meal out' last week. I now find them over rated! Funny how tastes change :p:confused:

Ha ha @JakkiD lesson learnt then!
How you getting on?

Two weeks today since my op and feeling great, amazing feeling not being hungry ! Having stitches out today, can't wait they are so itchy. Best of all i'm 2 stone lighter ! Starting puree stage tomorrow a little concerned about getting enough protein /calories but its got to be better than liquids. Hope everyone is doing well .

Ha ha @JakkiD lesson learnt then!
How you getting on?
Im doing well I think, really turned a corner the last few days pain and mood wise managing to sleep well at night at last. So much happier on pureed food, more so because I can eat do to speak with the family again I just tend to puree whatever theyre having which is good, still only managing about 500 calories a day but have much more energy than liquids, hope you're doing well x

@Dollydot - 2 stone since your op!? Wow!! Go you!!

Hi all, back home and recovering well now the gas feeling has finally broken. I am straight on to purée from the get go but I have not even started to look at my intake as I am lucky if my total is around 10 teaspoons for the whole day so far lol. Such a strange feeling when you have this tiny bowl of food and know that there is no way on earth I will even be near managing to finishing it.

That's great @AndyMc1978. Agree such a weird feeling! Sat here now still feeling stuffed from my lunch of 5 teaspoons of stroganoff!

@JakkiD same as me really no issues pain wise just the odd niggle and wounds look fine. I just purée the usual meals hubby and kids have - today it's spag bol so I just have the mince etc. Manage about 5 teaspoons. Still struggling to get fluids down!

Im struggling with fluids too now that im doing more, if im busy doing something for a couple of hours I then remember I need to have something so have a few teaspoons then with having to wait again to drink I think ive only been getting about a litre, need to step it up x

Productive visit to the GP. She had all my prescriptions waiting!
omeprazole To start at 3 weeks, Calcium tablets, iron tablets, lactulose and forceval. B12 injection booked for 2 weeks on Friday when I'll be 6 weeks post op and will then be done every 3 months.
GP weighed me and I've lost 37lb since I was last weighed there which was about 5 months ago but still nice to see it coming down on their computer.
GP said scars look beautiful - not how I'd describe them but good to know!
Anyone else have all of the above?

@JakkiD im only about a litre too.

Productive visit to the GP. She had all my prescriptions waiting!
omeprazole To start at 3 weeks, Calcium tablets, iron tablets, lactulose and forceval. B12 injection booked for 2 weeks on Friday when I'll be 6 weeks post op and will then be done every 3 months.
GP weighed me and I've lost 37lb since I was last weighed there which was about 5 months ago but still nice to see it coming down on their computer.
GP said scars look beautiful - not how I'd describe them but good to know!
Anyone else have all of the above?
Well done on the loss. Yes, I had all of those but have to wait until 3 months for B12. Getting my levels tested tomorrow, along with other vits, mins and iron. Have been mainlining on Horlicks so hopefully B12 won't be too low. Certainly not as weary as I was 6 weeks ago when it was always bed by 8pm.

Im struggling with fluids too now that im doing more, if im busy doing something for a couple of hours I then remember I need to have something so have a few teaspoons then with having to wait again to drink I think ive only been getting about a litre, need to step it up x
It's a job in itself keeping hydrated and fed! Pleased you are starting to feel better. :) I too turned the corner when I started puree...

Does anyone else feel queasy when having their forceval?

Back