• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

@Chill plus you not weigh your portions? That's what I'm doing. For me I need to calorie and protein count in order to keep myself in check. Perhaps this will lapse when I'm more settled but for now it's what I need. Lack of protein could cause some serious health implications so my dietician drummed into me so I'm trying hard to keep on top of it. I've some slim kitchen scales that are fab as they weigh grams and MLS etc.
Good on you paying so much attention you know that you will not fail ... Keep it up .. I would love to be so dedicated but my circumstances make it difficult

@Chill plus you not weigh your portions? That's what I'm doing. For me I need to calorie and protein count in order to keep myself in check. Perhaps this will lapse when I'm more settled but for now it's what I need. Lack of protein could cause some serious health implications so my dietician drummed into me so I'm trying hard to keep on top of it. I've some slim kitchen scales that are fab as they weigh grams and MLS etc.

No I've not been weighing it All I was really given was a booklet of the stages and what sort of things to have and I think when I've had pureed meals I've had about 50g of chicken each time plus some baked beans etc.

I've put in today's intake so far and I've got to 192 calories, and have seen I need more protein so will make sure I have chicken and beans for dinner

Been to pick up my repeat prescription today and my forceval are not gigantic looking capsules, are anyone elses this size? Im guessing as when im due to have them next week ill be 6 weeks post op they assume itll be ok but im a bit worried??? x

Been to pick up my repeat prescription today and my forceval are not gigantic looking capsules, are anyone elses this size? Im guessing as when im due to have them next week ill be 6 weeks post op they assume itll be ok but im a bit worried??? x
Snap ... just picked mine up ... capsules ... that is better

I stopped taking the dissolvable ones as they made me ill - not got the giant capsules yet!! Vitamins are the area I'm probably not doing too well in TBH.

I stopped taking the dissolvable ones as they made me ill - not got the giant capsules yet!! Vitamins are the area I'm probably not doing too well in TBH.
Get them soon .. very important ... lots to choose from if one dosnt suit

Having my first B12 today!

@Chill it was in my discharge letter to GP. Every 3 months - first one at 6 weeks but it's being done early because of christmas

Last edited:
Our party is a whole big event and everyone at work knows what op I had. They chuckle at my lunch every day! I did try to get out of it but there wasn't anyone to take my place. I think a couple of people are looking forward to having extra food!

@maggy what sort of soft food have you been having? I think I need to go back and look at what to move onto next

Sorry @Chill, not been on for a few days. I'm eating a lot of salmon and other fish with carrot and swede mash, peas and sweetcorn. That sort of thing. Of all things, I'm desperate for the time I can eat a salad! Who thought salad craving was a thing?!? Lol.

B12 was fine - nurse said it would sting but it didn't. Next one on 3 months. Pick up forceval tablets tomorrow so will see how I go with those - I've been taking centrum chewable ones in the interim.
Seeing my surgeon this morning for an early check up due to Christmas falling near my 6 week point.

Sorry @Chill, not been on for a few days. I'm eating a lot of salmon and other fish with carrot and swede mash, peas and sweetcorn. That sort of thing. Of all things, I'm desperate for the time I can eat a salad! Who thought salad craving was a thing?!? Lol.
same thing for me although after an easy start i am struggling to eat what I should ...but I do have a cold

I have never weighed mine either. I just use the size of my small plates and storage pots to guide me. Always lots of protein however.

I don't seem to have lost any weight in the last week. Has anyone else found this? I'm trying to drink as much as I can but that only seems to be 1-1.5l I want to get out of the 17's

Did you see your gp about needing b12 or was it sent through to have it by them? I know I have 6 week check with surgeon but nothing has been said about anything else
My dietitian wrote to my GP about 3 monthly B12's but it wasn't written until about 2 months after op.

I don't seem to have lost any weight in the last week. Has anyone else found this? I'm trying to drink as much as I can but that only seems to be 1-1.5l I want to get out of the 17's
This happens to me but on the plus side you will be changing shape as the body adjusts
Can not wait to be out of the 17s too
nearly 3 stone

I had the occasional stall, but funnily enough those weeks were the ones when I most noticed body changes. To bear in mind if it happens a lot, is that if the body isn't getting enough protein it will think it is being starved and hang on to what weight you have.

Back