• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

@jeff20stone i struggle eating protein on its own at times. Although I'm good with halloumi the rest I find hard work. Easier if it's in a sauce though.

I managed to get out on my bike this but have spent the rest of the day feeling rubbish I managed to have a bit of breakfast but that's been about it other than a large supply of molvicol

Thanks Maggy, I think the By-pass is supposed to help me eat more and to put weight on! I need to ask more about the Gastroparesis and how much of my gut is affected no point if the problem is below my stomach I will still have the same problem.
After so many procedures close together it made me a bit of a wimp, my teeth start chattering aas soon as I get near the hospital and my brain disappears. Still I will right my question down for next time and if all else fails can hand over the list!!
Thanks again and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Not surprised you have a difficult time facing the hospital visits. I know I would. The bypass makes some kind of sense given the gastroparesis as the stomach won't actively have to let the food out, it just sort of slips out by itself. Sounds like you have good questions to ask. I'd also be asking about how much if any of your gut they will bypass. Sounds like you don't need any malabsorption. Good luck!! Xx

I managed to get out on my bike this but have spent the rest of the day feeling rubbish I managed to have a bit of breakfast but that's been about it other than a large supply of molvicol

Oh dear! I know the feeling. But last few days I've had a tummy bug. I was sort of pleased to get things moving again! TMI?!? Who knew a tummy bug would be a welcome thing. ;) You need to invite lots of germy children into your house. Lol. But seriously, I hope it gets easier. It's miserable.

Anyone else struggling to get the desired amount of food in? Dietician wants me at at least 800 cals but I'm struggling getting past 500 most days. I think I'll have to add a protein shake in. Can anyone tell me what their average day consists of?

Know what you mean. If I only eat three meals I don't get the calories (or protein) in. Do you have mid-morning or afternoon snacks? Was using ufit protein shakes to top up on calories and protein but I've started slightly dumping with them. Though I think it's the lactose rather than the sugar. Am going to test out different ones. It's all a bit of an experiment. :cool:

Happy New Year all.

So has everyone got through the new year period? We were away with friends for a few days in a rented house. I ate more than I have and on two of the days my calories were up to around 850 - this is mainly because it was all party food from m&s and a big roast dinner yesterday. I have to confess though I had some Pringles. I actually weighed out a portion and tracked them in mfp- oh boy were they yummy and I was tempted by more but my portion was enough. I see it as a treat. The other thing I did was drink half a cider - it went straight to my head!!! I think alcohol will be a thing of the past for me. No idea what the scales will do this week but trying not to focus on it. I'm joining the gym tomorrow and start kettle bell class next week. Here's to 2017!

First swim today with grandchildren they have noticed the change in granddad
I take my blind nephew to the gym Three times a week and tone up
Life has been so good after my operation now very relaxed with my eating
Obsessed with weighing myself would love to get to the situation to post pictures of the great change so watch this space
Have a successful new year all you losers x

Sounds good @jeff20stone. How's everyone else getting on? I've done Zumba, spinning and kettlebells this week! Feels great. Weight loss has stopped though I think I'm losing inches!

Sounds good @jeff20stone. How's everyone else getting on? I've done Zumba, spinning and kettlebells this week! Feels great. Weight loss has stopped though I think I'm losing inches!
Well done on the exercise it is the best way to reshape the body

I to find that my weight my stays static while the body changes

A bit more dedicated now Christmas is over life is getting back to normal

I confess I had a few Pringles over the holidays to be precise six!! I went gym today only 40 minutes and came out with my legs feeling like jelly

Just got home from my 1st swim since the op and in ages! I felt so much fitter thank the last time I went and managed 60 lengths. Bought a month pass for the pool so going to try and swim 2 or 3 times a week hopefully as am off to Tobago in just over 4 weeks and would like to need to buy a new dress for my friends wedding as have found one in my wardrobe that I have never worn but fits me just right now but would love to think it'll be too big for me in a months time!
Wow - 60 lengths - that's some achievement :bunnydance:

Thanks @SAM55 i did 70 on Tuesday night! My aim is do try and do 100 as that would. E just over a mile.

My weight has been static over the last week but I'm not sure I'm getting enough of everything.

I have either ready brek or shreddies max protein for breakfast, a snack of a graze flapjack mid morning, lunch might be soup or a Portion of bolognese, a snack of either 2 babybel or laughing cow triangles and for tea a couple of Melba toast with egg mayo

@Chill are you logging the cals/protein/carbs? I'm using my fitness pal and find it very helpful. I can tell you straight away my problem is not enough fluids and a few too many carbs. My dietician hasn't said how many carbs to have but I think it should be half the protein so I've worked on that the last few days. I find when in work I'm just so busy I struggle to get the fluid in however today I had a 2 hr drive to Carlisle so drank 1.5litres in the car as I had nothing else to do. I guess write down all your having and take it from there? My weight loss is very slow too - I think part of the problem is I expected it to come off quicker so I've had to battle with those thoughts but the reality is hopefully it will stay off this way and I'll still hit goal come August if I lose 1.5-2lb per week.

@paulam me too. Just move on from it. I weighed a portion out and counted them in mfp. My treat during our new year break.

I do try and keep track on mfp but if I've made my own bolognese it's difficult to track. I don't think too many carbs is the problem but do think drinking has been an issue. I did try a speak to the dietitian before Christmas but she was already off but I was told as long as I was getting at least 1l it was fine and I think I'm doing that and a bit more.

Back