• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

@jeff20stone you look totally different your face is so slim with strong cheek bones!

Looking at the thread today for the first time in a while. So great to see everyone doing well and doing their gym bunny stuff! I'm inspired!!

I've been struggling with gall bladder type problems but think I now have it licked. Had a couple of weeks where I had severe pain about ten minutes after I ate anything. Not fun. But I've finally figured out what does and doesn't work for me - any fat at all even a little, chilli and alcohol. Trying to avoid more surgery so using dietary control. Seems to be working :0) Anyone else have gall bladder/stone problems? Great upside is that I broke my stall. There's always a silver lining :0)
Hi @maggy sorry to here about your pain:hugs:
I did have gall bladder pain for a few weeks. I then changed my diet I think I stopped white fish or something else as well. I then found it stopped. Great you found your source of problem. They say not to have too spicy foods and alcohol re acid alone for lansoprazol. Also as @SAM55 says liver to adjust. Also says no coffee!

I had the skin on jacket potato tonight could not resist the CARBS Ahhhhh! I am in agony as I type! No more potato skin the yummy taste isn't worth the pain:( it's starting to go down now slowly.

Has anyone else found there stomach is now managing smaller sizes than before? I could eat more when I went on solids at first but it has got a little bit smaller ...otherwise it is I just more aware of my new size stomach and now know when to stop:confused: (except tonight after potato skin ouch)!

@Want2b3 sorry to hear about your pain. I used to be like that before I had my gallbladder removed - my diet became quite bland and I lived on a lot of soups initially after my first really bad attack. In relation to food, yes I too have noticed I cannot eat as much food as when I first started solids. Someone mentioned in one of the forums that it is related to the numbness wearing off.

@Want2b3 sorry to hear about your pain. I used to be like that before I had my gallbladder removed - my diet became quite bland and I lived on a lot of soups initially after my first really bad attack. In relation to food, yes I too have noticed I cannot eat as much food as when I first started solids. Someone mentioned in one of the forums that it is related to the numbness wearing off.
Oh that's interesting and didn't know @paulam that the stomach is now more sensitive and it's more painful to overeat or wrong things (potato skin is on no no list but I could not resist tonight and well I know now why I mustn't the hard way!). However I am lucky I can eat other skins such as pepper skin which also to be careful of.
Yes I agree blander the better I had lasagna last week and was so ill after it foaming BIG time another food to avoid!

I want to try nuts. Anyone else tried them? Did they go down ok? I am wanting to try other protein options beside chicken.

Oh that's interesting and didn't know @paulam that the stomach is now more sensitive and it's more painful to overeat or wrong things (potato skin is on no no list but I could not resist tonight and well I know now why I mustn't the hard way!). However I am lucky I can eat other skins such as pepper skin which also to be careful of.
Yes I agree blander the better I had lasagna last week and was so ill after it foaming BIG time another food to avoid!

I want to try nuts. Anyone else tried them? Did they go down ok? I am wanting to try other protein options beside chicken.

I eat nuts at least twice a week. I still eat tuna with a little onions and 30g philadelphia cream cheese. I have also been experimenting with kippers or smoked salmon for breakfast and I have had steamed whitefish/cod/haddock and cauliflower rice. I must admit that I do find it difficult to eat whitefish but the others go down well. Also been trying to taste a little bit of boiled egg but my pouch is not that friendly yet :)

I eat nuts at least twice a week. I still eat tuna with a little onions and 30g philadelphia cream cheese. I have also been experimenting with kippers or smoked salmon for breakfast and I have had steamed whitefish/cod/haddock and cauliflower rice. I must admit that I do find it difficult to eat whitefish but the others go down well. Also been trying to taste a little bit of boiled egg but my pouch is not that friendly yet :)
I like the variety ... eggs are fillers .... can not get away from protein porridge to start my day ... keep it up

Massive difference to your profile pic.

Thanks guys I will start with just small amount f nuts. Yep white fish went down so well at first but now a no no! But of with other oily fish. Cucumber is the nearest to salad I have tried, glad you can tolerate onion @paulam, lucky I am into cabbage and no shortage.

I am just starting to have regular BMs with gym aiding this. At last didn't feel good needing enemas.

Anyone else still having drinking problems? I increased my bottle size to 750ml size. I do like a hot nas drink too in this cold spell. Intake is about 1500mls but never reached 2 litres.

@jeff20stone yep I had loads of marvel and did that for protein until I discovered my milk allergy. Always looking for other ways to get protein in.

Hi all!

Just caught up after my week in Tobago! I'm so glad I had my surgery before I went as losing the 3 stone I think I felt better lying on the beach in just my cossie and also wore a bikini to go in a waterfall as was with some people that didn't get put of easily
I put a photo of me at my friend's wedding on Facebook and had so many nice comments.
Eating wasn't too much of an issue although because the others weren't eating lunch I would also miss out so know I wasn't eating as much as I should and so after a fishing trip that ending up in me feeding the fish I felt a bit off for a couple of days as I think I was low on energy.
When my family saw me yesterday they all said I looked thinner so that's a good thing and back to work today so will see what they say!
I've attached the photo of me I put on Facebook

Attachments

• IMG_1478.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
@Want2b3 I eat nuts most days - a little pot of peanuts, cashews and a couple of Brazil nuts usually - a good protein snack and I enjoy them so they feel like a treat. I do make sure I portion them in a little pot otherwise I would eat more! I find they help prevent toilet issues and it is easy to have a pot in my bag when out for the day, or at work.

Hi all!

Just caught up after my week in Tobago! I'm so glad I had my surgery before I went as losing the 3 stone I think I felt better lying on the beach in just my cossie and also wore a bikini to go in a waterfall as was with some people that didn't get put of easily
I put a photo of me at my friend's wedding on Facebook and had so many nice comments.
Eating wasn't too much of an issue although because the others weren't eating lunch I would also miss out so know I wasn't eating as much as I should and so after a fishing trip that ending up in me feeding the fish I felt a bit off for a couple of days as I think I was low on energy.
When my family saw me yesterday they all said I looked thinner so that's a good thing and back to work today so will see what they say!
I've attached the photo of me I put on Facebook
Well done we are now getting brave enough for photos
Envious of your holiday ... would love some sun on my body

@Want2b3 I eat nuts most days - a little pot of peanuts, cashews and a couple of Brazil nuts usually - a good protein snack and I enjoy them so they feel like a treat. I do make sure I portion them in a little pot otherwise I would eat more! I find they help prevent toilet issues and it is easy to have a pot in my bag when out for the day, or at work.
variety is the spice of Life ... Nuts are a Aphrodisiac

Back