• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Hi all,

Been back in the pool 2 nights in a row! I'm also going to be playing my 1st hockey match in 3 or 4 years on Sunday so that could be interesting!

I saw my Mother and sister in law on Sunday and they both said I now looked about the same size as when I got married so last night I got my wedding dress out and tried it on and it fitted apart from the bust being a bit big (I was 4 months pregnant at the time!) I was quite shocked and pleased as I can't really remember what size I was 16 years ago!

How's everyone else getting on?
You are doing well
I have not missed a gym session that is the good part
New wardrobe of clothes ... threw out 3 sacks weighing 14 kg and that is only half of what I have lost
Struggling with hunger pains and that is the bad
wishing you well

It was 16 weeks Wednesday since my op! Boy the time feels like it has flown since those first dreaded 7 weeks I was ill. I also hit yesterday 6 stone loss since surgery so chuffed to bits realising that making it over 7.5 stone with pre op.
Each milestone is such a buzz to reach. It is the first time in my life losing
Morning November family. It has gone so quiet on here. So I am just giving an update. I am 2lbs away from losing four stones :) and will weigh myself at the end of the month. I went to my first water workout since I have had surgery and over year since I did any water workout. Anyway OMG was it intense or what! Came out the pool with wobbly legs and palpitations started but after a while they simmered down. It was hard but you know what I LOVED IT:D. In fact I loved it so much that I am going back for another dose tomorrow :character00116::banana_dancer:
well done @paulam on the loss and yes the wobbly legs is a good sign of a great weight loss :D

Well done everyone.

I've made a decision not to weigh myself at home anymore as my scales don't seem to have moved. People are telling me how good I am looking and my clothes are feeling too big!

Since my holiday I am worried though that my head has gone and I'm eating the wrong things but I'm not eating the quantity that I was. plus I need to start swimming again so someone kick me up the bum please!
@Chill I stayed the same for over 3 weeks at Xmas and my body shrank from 22 to 18! It is the sts moments our bodies catch up with the scales... I have lost nearly 2 stone since last sts and size is 16/18 so not much shift in size. I am looking forward to the next sts in hope of another shrinkage hopefully so don't fret it is your body catching up.

Hi all,

Been back in the pool 2 nights in a row! I'm also going to be playing my 1st hockey match in 3 or 4 years on Sunday so that could be interesting!

I saw my Mother and sister in law on Sunday and they both said I now looked about the same size as when I got married so last night I got my wedding dress out and tried it on and it fitted apart from the bust being a bit big (I was 4 months pregnant at the time!) I was quite shocked and pleased as I can't really remember what size I was 16 years ago!

Just catching up on this thread...@chill only just read this now, SEE YOUR BIDY SHRINKS AT STS TIMES...CONGRATS ON GETTING BACK IN WEDDING DRESS...AN EXCUSE TO RENEW VOWS.! And show off your figure;)

I now weigh 100KG so pleased with how it is going and how I am looking

Never missed a gym session

walking everywhere feeling great
Well done @jeff20stone fab milestone to reach as you will never be in the 100kg ever again!
I can't wait to be under 200 lbs which is a couple pounds away....keeps us motivated:) great news on getting new wardrobe too...I am working hard to achieve that too:D

Thanks @Want2b3 you are doing fantastic too. Keep up the good work. @jeff20stone I so agree that is a brilliant milestone - I cant wait to get there too. I am hoping to go on holiday abroad for the first time in over twenty years. Everything hinges on my sons health but if all goes well with him, I need to step it up a gear in the gym. Today I walked four miles to shops to do shopping with a friend. We decided it was too windy to walk back lol. Nonetheless it was well a worthwhile trip. Saw so much clothes but have no idea what size I will be in August, so I have decided to wait to closer to the time.

Just catching up on this thread...@chill only just read this now, SEE YOUR BIDY SHRINKS AT STS TIMES...CONGRATS ON GETTING BACK IN WEDDING DRESS...AN EXCUSE TO RENEW VOWS.! And show off your figure;)

A few people have said that, but hubby won't go for it!

I've been swimming twice this week and have also downloaded the couch 2 5k app! I have a friend with an Apple Watch and I get notifications of her activities and I feel I need to compete with her

I am playing my first hockey match in years tomorrow so that could be interesting!

Thanks @Want2b3 you are doing fantastic too. Keep up the good work. @jeff20stone I so agree that is a brilliant milestone - I cant wait to get there too. I am hoping to go on holiday abroad for the first time in over twenty years. Everything hinges on my sons health but if all goes well with him, I need to step it up a gear in the gym. Today I walked four miles to shops to do shopping with a friend. We decided it was too windy to walk back lol. Nonetheless it was well a worthwhile trip. Saw so much clothes but have no idea what size I will be in August, so I have decided to wait to closer to the time.
@paulam that is a wonderful goal to aim for. Get that holiday booked and get those mini goals start with something close and each goal reward yourself with something nice like nails/hair/clothes etc that is what I am doing. another option is put the money that was spent on food or coffee shops etc put it away for holiday/spending money.

My aim for Easter was to take my son swimming for the first time. I bought size 16 swimwear last month as the aim. I Will be making memories with my son we will treasure. You do the same @paulam you and your boy deserve it:hugs:
A few people have said that, but hubby won't go for it!

I've been swimming twice this week and have also downloaded the couch 2 5k app! I have a friend with an Apple Watch and I get notifications of her activities and I feel I need to compete with her

I am playing my first hockey match in years tomorrow so that could be interesting!
that's great you got a buddy to help motivate you @Chill and have a great match tomorrow.

@Want2b3 that is an excellent idea. (Says me already writing down all the things I want to buy - especially in duty free lol) It was only today I was thinking it would be nice to do my nails again - have not had them done for years!! Want them done closer to summer so gonna aim to lose 28lb and buy myself a smaller swimsuit. Your boy is gonna love the swimming - I have to say I dont like going because of my size but I have braved it a couple of times - the strangest thing is the more weight I lose is the more conscious I am of my weight (weird but true). Anyway good luck for when you take the plunge.

@Chill Good luck for the game tomorrow - you are gonna burn some calories. (ps dont forget your protein afterwards especially if you have an intense game) and let us know how it went x

ps @jeff20stone I have got to do a clearout of clothes but believe me when I say I am hanging on to some of them for dear life (for example a navy pea coat which hangs off my shoulders)

Have a great weekend everyone xx

@Want2b3 that is an excellent idea. (Says me already writing down all the things I want to buy - especially in duty free lol) It was only today I was thinking it would be nice to do my nails again - have not had them done for years!! Want them done closer to summer so gonna aim to lose 28lb and buy myself a smaller swimsuit. Your boy is gonna love the swimming - I have to say I dont like going because of my size but I have braved it a couple of times - the strangest thing is the more weight I lose is the more conscious I am of my weight (weird but true). Anyway good luck for when you take the plunge.

@Chill Good luck for the game tomorrow - you are gonna burn some calories. (ps dont forget your protein afterwards especially if you have an intense game) and let us know how it went x

ps @jeff20stone I have got to do a clearout of clothes but believe me when I say I am hanging on to some of them for dear life (for example a navy pea coat which hangs off my shoulders)

Have a great weekend everyone xx
I have a hanging stomach @paulam which looks horrendous and I have bought a tankini swimsuit so the skirt hides it thankfully. I sadly can't do anything about my arms and the weight is not shifting their either. It seems to be coming off my legs and my bum is disappearing lol! I still don't see much a difference in my size tbh. Despite people saying I look like a different person (I think hair colour change is more of the cause) and yep I get the more aware of the fat now and becoming more self critical as when before I didn't look in a mirror etc. I am now not buying anymore clothes until after Easter, who thought I'd be giving up buying clothes for Lent when pre op I never bought clothes for 10 years plus! I have given myself my own advise and the money I save on food about £40 a week I will put away and treat us to a short break away in August/beginning September!

Top half is going for me @Want2b3 arms are sagging horrendously (working on them at the gym) as for my hips!!! Lets just say Mrs tyre is still there. She even reminds me every time I sit down and look in my mirrored wardrobes (which I am definitely considering to change to some nice cream doors hmm) she is like my own personal all round tutu except I dont do ballet!?@@?!! I just want to have powers to say to her go away but I cant so at the moment I am making her work hard by shaking pummeling and rolling her at the gym and at water workout. Hopefully that will teach her for staying around and eventually she will get the message - Have a brilliant Saturday all x

Hi guys. I've been away for a week and had a great time. I was good food wise with the odd treat thrown in (but tiny amounts really). I'm a bit fed up as my weight isn't shifting and no idea what I'm doing wrong!

Hi @MrsN have you been tracking. I slacked a little and found the calories were creeping in from nuts I mean 100g of pistachios is 648cal!!! was so shocked. Not that I ate that much but if i ate the bag over a week and the bag is 150g that would be an extra massive 972 cals!!!

Hi @paulam yes I track everything. Never get over 700 cals per day and most days it's around 600 - I can't get anymore in. Always hit 65-80g protein and mostly keep carbs under 40g. Dietician thinks I need to eat more. I did lose 2lb this week after I posted the above. I would just love one week of more than 2lb but I know this is much better long term!

Well done guys! I love exercise - seriously ant believe I'm saying that!! Going for a run tonight.
My weight loss is slow (I think) but my shape is changing and I've done from a size 24 to 16.

You've had a great weight loss! enjoy the running

Hi all,

Same size as when you got married! Nice!!

I'm losing, slowly but surely. Had a crap couple of weeks with work and ate a few comfort foods. But am getting past beating myself up. I didn't lose in those two weeks but I'm still lighter than I've been in 25 years :) Feels good.

Same size as when you got married! Nice!!

I'm losing, slowly but surely. Had a crap couple of weeks with work and ate a few comfort foods. But am getting past beating myself up. I didn't lose in those two weeks but I'm still lighter than I've been in 25 years :) Feels good.

I will ad that I was 4 months pregnant when I got married

I've not been eating particularly well recently but it hasn't been in the quantities that I was plus I'm doing a lot more exercise. I am going to get back to it properly although think I need to get rid of my colleague as she doesn't help by offering me all sorts of naughty foods! I must find my willpower!

@MrsN You are doing all the right things and you are right slow is better. I just started logging again recently in my fitness pal and sometimes I am eating way too much up to 1200 cals! Sometimes its not so much how much I eat but what I eat (a peppered mackerel and 50g of dry roasted nuts has finished 500cal!!!). I have done that on so many occasions in the past. I have started drinking U-fit protein @170 cals to get my protein up and each meal is around 200cal now (team wants me to have around 800cal a day) I definitely will look at my carb intake because I think that is my problem area. @Chill I am the same need to find my willpower and get may butt into gear to stay focussed again

Hi guys, i really struggle knowing what i should be having as nobody has ever set me targets so far. Some days i know that i have too much I.e yesterday i had about 1300cal where as other days i am lucky if i get 500-600cal in. I have my first appointment with the dietitian at the end of march for my 3 month (well 4 months in reality) check up so i will speak to them then but thankfully the weight is still dropping albeit slower some weeks than others and i am almost 7 stone down from before my LRD so cannot complain. Hopefully the extra cals burned off at the gym counteract some of the not so good days!

Hey @AndyMc1978 Did they not give you different stages of food to work through along with suggested amounts etc? It seems a bit unfair to leave you struggling. I also have an email address for my dietician so I could double check anything I wasn't sure about. As we always say everywhere has a different way of managing every stage before and after WLS but they should also be accessible in some way so you can double check and ask questions. If you aren't sure don't wait for the rest of the month. Well done on your fantastic loss to date too :)

Back