• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Chill

@AndyMc1978 i wasn't set targets either, I was just told to make sure I had protein, veg then a small amount of carbs. 4 stone down from when I had my op which I doesn't seem to be as much as everyone else. So worry that I am eating too much/the wrong things but I am losing weight and it is a change in my life forever so am happy that I am getting back into playing hockey, swimming and even attempting to run too Which is something I have never liked doing!!
I have gone from being a size 22/24 to 18 and hoping to get some size 16 trousers soon!

MrsN

So....how are we all?
I've turned into an exercise freak - never thought that would happen but I'm loving it!!

So skin.....how's everyone doing on this?
My arms seem to have quite a bit of saggy skin. Weights not doing much yet. My stomach is the other problem. Still massive and sags down. Still a big tyre really. It should shrink a bit with another 3 stone to goal but my thought have started to turn to surgery. Idea scares the hell out of me. Decided I'm havin my boobs done and well they're just vile but the rest I may have to live with.

jeff20stone

So....how are we all?
I've turned into an exercise freak - never thought that would happen but I'm loving it!!

So skin.....how's everyone doing on this?
My arms seem to have quite a bit of saggy skin. Weights not doing much yet. My stomach is the other problem. Still massive and sags down. Still a big tyre really. It should shrink a bit with another 3 stone to goal but my thought have started to turn to surgery. Idea scares the hell out of me. Decided I'm havin my boobs done and well they're just vile but the rest I may have to live with.
I am working harder on my skin more than anything else .... It is working and is pulling back ... I am amazed ... oil of Olay ... coconut oil ... Exercises and massage

AndyMc1978

Hey @AndyMc1978 Did they not give you different stages of food to work through along with suggested amounts etc? It seems a bit unfair to leave you struggling. I also have an email address for my dietician so I could double check anything I wasn't sure about. As we always say everywhere has a different way of managing every stage before and after WLS but they should also be accessible in some way so you can double check and ask questions. If you aren't sure don't wait for the rest of the month. Well done on your fantastic loss to date too :)
Hi FeeBee, i was given a guide to the different stages which only really covered the first 12 weeks broken in to 3 stages however it did not give cal targets, only what type of foods at each stage. I have my first meeting with the dietitian at the end of the month so will speak to them then and try to get a better idea but for now the weight is still dropping so cant be doing to bad i guess.

FeeBee

Ah right. I've never been given a calorie target tbh just protein first and to aim for around 70-80 grams minimum and at least 2 ltrs of fluid but as the saying always goes here, everywhere does it differently :)
Good luck with your meeting x

jeff20stone

Ah right. I've never been given a calorie target tbh just protein first and to aim for around 70-80 grams minimum and at least 2 ltrs of fluid but as the saying always goes here, everywhere does it differently :)
Good luck with your meeting x
Protein and Water intake is the only minimums I have been given and told to avoid carbs but the dietitian didn't agree with minimum carbs

SAM55

Protein 60-70g, 2 litres of fluids (I wish), and I was told to up my carbs to counteract the constipation!! Never a word about counting calories fortunately - life is hard enough as it is!

MrsN

Minimum 800 cals (NEVER manage it) 2 litres fluid, 70g protein and initially low carb but now being told to up the carbs due to increased exercise.

MrsN

MrsN

How are you all?
Got my check up at the hospital today. Anticipating being told I'm not eating enough - but I'm trying really hard!

paulam

Hi @MrsN I am going back to see surgeons because they have found a pocket of fluid which is causing some pain. @jeff20stone I have been static as well no weight loss for almost a month but still losing inches. Going back to work in a few weeks so hopefully moving around will help to shift weight a bit more.

paulam

@jeff20stone WTG well done. You will be at your goal weight in no time at all. I have stalled mostly my own fault not taking time out to eat properly but getting back on track now. Will wait until my son goes back to school then I will be going to the gym as many mornings as I can (which is still dependent on new work schedule).

paulam

Just out of curiousity does anybody find they can eat a lot more than a couple of months ago? I find myself eating more often and not getting that full feeling.