• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

I was absolutely fine by the Friday to fly home. I feel very lucky and privileged to have had a good recovery.

Went back to work Monday lol felt fine x

I am resting however evenings and weekends for obvious reasons.

Xxx

HI Pitskie All the best for Thursday, soon be sat we the others on the losers bench. Been and had my Pre Op Assessment today, everything still on for the 30th October. I start my LSD today this as been changed, from the food to three pints of semi skimmed milk and two yogurts. Also have to do a week of Vitamin D injections.
Hi I'm halfway through the LSD 4 pints of semi skimmed a day what I wouldn't give for a yogurt! Went toM&S today and stocked up with microwave meals for husband also got him some Walnut whips my favorite ......Also weighed myself in Boots 12lb weight loss since started the LSD i can't believe I've lost so much in just a week although the dietician said it would be mainly fluid This time next week fingers crossed it will all be over and I will be on the losers bench

Last edited:
Hi Wilb32
Least we will be able to have a milky coffee next Tuesday:D
Thats really good 12lb in a week, well done.

Hi everyone, well I had my bypass on sunday- nearly didn't tho!! They'd made a clerical error so sent me home then rang me later to come back :) went down to surgery at 1pm and didn't wake til the next day- was told that I swore at my boyfriend and hit him cos he "made my face uncomfortable" when he washed it!!!!
Next day I was sore but got up and about. Had no drains, op was textbook and surgeon was positive everything would be great. I had to drink a litre of water through the day. Next day I started on puréed food and could only manage a teaspoon at a time. I went home that afternoon and have been feeling better every day. Have to be honest, the first few days I regretted what I'd done but feeling more optimistic now, although my boyfriend is convinced I'm going to leave him when I lose weight!!! Good luck to everyone going in soon, it really wasn't as bad as I thought!! Xxx

Hey lilly jo well done hun and please don't look back x remember you on the way to a new healthier you. Apart from changes to food and your relationship with it your still going to be you. Oh and smaller clothes lol.

I've had a couple of food bereavement moments and I'm sure I'll have many many more.

Don't be hard on yourself and reassure BF. Assure him as long as he treats you always like the queen you are he won't have any worries ha ha (I'm actually serious)

Good luck with your journey x

Yikes!! I've been freaking out since I got my surgery date and had the urge to eat everything in sight while I still have the chance!! Is this normal?

Got weighed today and have put on half a stone
:(

Really must focus!!!!

I'm really hoping the milk diet will get rid of it again sharpish!

Very normal but that's it now. Focus and stop and remember your surgeon needs a lovely light liver to keep him clear and you safe. Xxx

Promise yourself another luxury instead of food. Hot bath. Candles or that lamp you've seen or plant. ...whatever your into but not food rewards now x

That is very normal!! I did exactly the same!! Booked my surgery date when I had my consultation end of sept. I then saw that as a great opportunity to eat anything and everything until my surgery!!
However Banded gave me some great advice! The weight has to come off somehow and someway, the journey starts when u want it to start.
If u carry on eating anything just coz u can, you are making your journey longer and harder.

Give it up now and start seeing results earlier.
Due to this piece if advice I started my pre op diet earlier and have lost 7lb in 4 days. X

That is good advice and I know it's true. I must admit I am starting to feel fed up with eating! I'm away this weekend with a group of friends (who don't know what I'm doing) so it will be a little difficult to start the pre-op diet but I will definitely cut down. My diet should actually start Tuesday but when I got the info and realised what I was doing I decided to enjoy the weekend in moderation and start as soon as I get back which will be a day early. I will stick to it, no cheating for sure so fingers crossed I will be prepared x

Good morning all.... Today is the day eeeeeek. I've lost 13lb in 12days on the LSD. I'll keep u all updated. Feel free to look at my wls diary. Good luck fatfree see you at the other side mahoosive hugs to ya xxx

Good morning all.... Today is the day eeeeeek. I've lost 13lb in 12days on the LSD. I'll keep u all updated. Feel free to look at my wls diary. Good luck fatfree see you at the other side mahoosive hugs to ya xxx

Aww good luck today, hope everything goes well for you x

Hope it all went well! xx

I did exactly the same Su2ie - kept thinking I'll never be able to eat like this again so I filled my boots! But don't worry the milk diet will definitely sort that out!!

Back