• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October bandsters

Thanks! I'm just worrying that I'm not going to be better for when I'm due back at work on the 29th. I'm a senior in a dementia home so I need to be fighting fit! I have to book an appointment with the nurse to change my dressings every two days and stitches are to come out in 10. I could change them myself and clean them up but I don't think I could face it. Omg when they pulled the drain out... I feel sick just thinking about it.

Drain??? God I never knew about this!
Are you able to shower or bath? On my knee op they wouldn't let me change the dressing at all, I had to bath with one leg out for 10 days (very hard)!!! I'm getting staples as surgeon prefers them.
Keep taking the meds hon, even if you don't feel like them. X

It's just in case you have any bleeding inside it drains it off. It's just attached under you bandages and is a clear bottle. They do the same for boob jobs as well.

Gemby28 said:
Does everyone have a drain then? I didn't know about it either...

I was banded at Dolan park and didn't have a drain x

I've only seen a few people mention about having a drain. It was hooked on the bed when I was laying down and hooked on the drip stand when I was shuffling around to the bathroom so it didn't get in the way

Gemby28 said:
Phew! Didn't like the idea of that much...

Been feeling a bit lightheaded today, maybe because I didn't have enough milk and yogurt yesterday. Have been subjected to McDonalds and kebab at various stages today <groan>

Lol, my husband is Turkish and runs a fast food shop with his brother-in-law, he always comes home smelling of kebab! So I know that feeling well :)

Gemby28 said:
Phew! Didn't like the idea of that much...

Been feeling a bit lightheaded today, maybe because I didn't have enough milk and yogurt yesterday. Have been subjected to McDonalds and kebab at various stages today <groan>

I banned my other half from eating in the same room as me lol. Think I would have ripped kebab out of his hand x

Make sure your getting plenty of water Hun x

SAS1 said:
Lol, my husband is Turkish and runs a fast food shop with his brother-in-law, he always comes home smelling of kebab! So I know that feeling well :)

Oh god torture lol

Can't believe how much better I'm feeling everyday! The first 3-4 days were worse than I thought but so much better today already! Waking up everyday feeling better than the last. Even when I woke up I have still not had any regrets so far!

pixie_lilly said:
Can't believe how much better I'm feeling everyday! The first 3-4 days were worse than I thought but so much better today already! Waking up everyday feeling better than the last. Even when I woke up I have still not had any regrets so far!

It's great the way you feel better every day isn't it! I'm day 6 now but think I overdone it yesterday :-( plus I got my period early which is quite common but unwanted lol gla your feeling better xxx

I'm on now as we'll and not due for another two weeks. Must be all the jiggling if organs!

My band and port are stitched in place which I was happy about as I thought It would just be the port. I've booked my first full for the 9th Nov and will have one every 4 weeks for three months then as needed. Hoping everything will go smoothly and I'll get restriction quickly.

Dressing change today so I'll see what they look like, at least from upside down anyway! One of them has leaked through a little bit but no new blood today.

SAS1 said:
So glad you girls are feeling better, gives me a bit of hope for my turn! Got my Pre op tests Wednesday morning and then I book in at 12pm a week Monday... One week to go - hurry up!! ? Keep posting as need your support xxx

Well be here Hun xxx

We will indeed. My husband has man flu and looks worse than I do today! I can already see a huge change in the shape of my body and my husband said i look so much better & that i look much better than the last time I lost the same amount of weight even though I was heavier then.

My work colleague/closest friend has sent me a get well balloon, get well soon tatty teddy bear and a huuge bouquet of stunning flowers with a card. I nearly cried! The lily in the centre has a pink crystal in it!! Truly blessed and really glad I told her.

Just waiting to have my dressings changed so ill leg you know how they are. One of them has come if at the top and its tiny! It's only 4mm wide, very straight and thin. Much smaller than I pictured in my head.

Mine were glued so I've seen them all along I'll try take a pic now I'm still feelin a lil sore but have been goin without painkillers and I'm taking next week off as I work in theatres so need to be 100% xx

Back