• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh my gosh! I go in morning to have band fitted!

EMPRESS PAULA

Oh what have i done! i can not believe i am off in the morning to Birmingham Heartlands to have my band fitted! I have such a funny feeling not nervous, but worried about silly things!
What if i'm in trouble for only cutting my smoking down and not stopped, what if he says my liver is too big, what if they find something strange thing growing inside me and don't do it! What if, what if, what if........
I have lost 16lb according to Boots pre-op, but have still been tempted into chips 6 days ago and other things i should not have!
I know this must be how everyone esle has felt prior to it - but i expected to feel excited but i don't! I feel like changing my mind and going to the KFC!! (I won't really) xxx

Please don't fret ! I think they worry us all pre op but I'm sure you have done fine. The main thing is you have made an effort and that is what they are looking for. I only had 2 weeks to do my preop in and only lost 8lbs so don't go stressing over it.
You just concentrate on relaxing and follow the advice after surgery so you're on the mend asap. Get some gripe water or someone to get it for you to help with the wind pain xxx Good luck lovey xxx

Thanks for the kind message Neen, i know i am being silly! You must have gone through it all as well. Yep have got plenty of things I have seen on here that is suggested to have at home on return including Windeeze and gripe water! xxx

Hey

Don't panic! I'm going to be relying on you to calm down my nerves on Sunday night so I figured I ought to try to do the same for you!

Just try to focus on the end goal and on all the good steps you've made already... cutting down on smoking, not eating KFC (despite the temptation!!!), losing over a stone! - all great achievements already and you've done all that yourself... no band to help you yet!

Chin up chicken.

Thanks everyone, and Clairus Thanks & I am now feeling a bit better since i wrote that, not sure if going to sleep though! Will update you all on my return! xxx

Hi Paula!! How exciting is this eh? It does'nt seem 2 minutes since we were 1st talking on here about my op. You are going to be absolutely fine, honest. Get in there and start this new journey in your life. You won't regret it I promise. Well done on the pre op weight loss, 16lbs is great and as for the smoking I did'nt stop I just cut down for the op and they were happy with that. I know all hospitals are different but its so hard to stop and they know that, thats why they have the clinics to help people stop. Loads of big hugs to you and we'll see you on the losers bench real soonxxxxxxx

Hi Gaynor, thanks, i know it does not seem so long ago we were discussing things! And look where you are now - lost 41lb!!! That is fantastic! Hope you are well and enjoying it all! That is one thing i worry about, I worry I am not going to enjoy it! Seems strange thing to think! Anyhow off now to watch a film or read a book to get to sleep! xx

Good luck for tomorrow Paula.

Well done for avoiding the KFC. You know, I have never eaten KFC and it looks like I never will...:p

Hey Paula, remember them frantic conversations we had on the phone the lead up to my op, I can honestly say you have nothing to worry about, you are alot stronger person than i am and you dont fret over silly little things like i do ( its my nature ) and i managed to do it. You've done so well on your diet and cutting down on the smoking, you know where i am if you need ANYTHING i am only along the road and can be with you in 5 minutes, make sure Mr Super warms his hands as there pretty icy lol but knowing you i am sure you will come out with some witty comment for him ;) take care honey i look forward to hearing from Caroline when your on the losers bench, give me a call when your feeling up to it. Lots of love and hugs X

Good luck!

Good luck, Hope everything goes well for you & very best wishes on your weight loss journey :)

Best of luck for today and wishing you a speedy recovery! :party0038:

Cuppacocoa xx

Hi guys just letting you know i am back and everything is fine and good, i was being silly it was so easy! Will do a thread letting everyone know xx thanks for yuor support xx

Back