• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

:( oh no...

I know how you feel I am fluctuating around a pound or two each day....I need to stop weighing....you cant regain all that weight it is impossible...just keep doing your 1000 and you will loose.

[COLOR=darkred"]
I know how you feel I am fluctuating around a pound or two each day....I need to stop weighing....you cant regain all that weight it is impossible...just keep doing your 1000 and you will loose.

Actually, the downside is, it's not impossible to regain the weight, with the fact that there are still so many things you can eat, that if you do eat and don't limit what you eat it is wholly possible to put it all on....this is why you really have to be careful with how and what you eat.

But our weight can naturally fluctuate by up to 4-5 lbs in a day, so limit when you weigh and make sure it's under the same conditions, to get a realistic picture,

First thing am, after you've been to toilet, before you shower and naked. Pick a day or a date once a month if you find I becomes an obsession. But weight Can go up, as well as down or stall, unfortunately the band won't stop you eating foods which can lead to weight gain, so much of this has to come from us and the choices we make.

It can be very hard with a band until you find your own good level of restriction. 10 months on I'm still trying to find it! But my losses come from strict control, altho I do find that when I'm on liquids post fill, m weight loss slows down dramatically. You will find a pattern as time goes on, it's early days Janet, be gentle with yourself, and if you find that your mashed diet is carb heavy, change it :)
[/COLOR]

Thanku all, I'm in an awful rut where I'm getting addicted to weighing everyday.....I know I need to stop. I have never gone over 1000 cals so really hope its not possible to put too much weight back on! Week 3 by my wl company is mush which is literally mash or weetabix, think I'm going to limit the mash big time now! Hollie I really hope they put some in ur band during the op....I'm empty atm and really do think that's why I'm struggling so Much - however I didn't pay all that money to fail. Time to fight back! Lol. Love the support and encouragement this site allows us all to share x

People will probably disagree with me, however that is their prerogative ... Carbs are not a bad thing necessarily so don't beat yourself up if eating them, but maybe shift perspective by focussing on getting more protein down which shifts the fat better; can leave you feeling fuller for longer, and subconsciously the carb levels will reduce anyway. This journey is for the rest of your life and carbs/fat are part of that, so its better in my humble opinion if you can lose weight having a balanced diet. Often the people who regain quickly/most are those who have done successfully through lots of focus and eliminating specific food groups then as soon as the focus is off and they introduce those previoulsy banned foods the lbs start creeping on again ... Don't get hung up on the weighing everyday IF it will get you down (I do it, but I look at the bigger picture of a week/month and am fully aware of my body and the how weight may fluctuate). 1000 calories is not much long term and many people can still lose on less than that HOWEVER for many banders more than 1000 is their optimum level. I lost 150lbs from 1100-1200 a day on average WITH protein carbs and fat all being part of my daily consumption. The band only reached optimum level of restriction after goal weight was reached in 10 months ... And even now I have three weeks a month when I can eat loads and one where I am tight and lose weight still ... But over the month it all balances itself out! Everyone is different and you will find your own groove xxx

I think the thing with the food groups is to bear in mind that people who have had the bypass have malabsorption issues so some of the stuff mentioned on the forums may be surgery specific.

I'm a terrible one for getting on the scales numerous times a day but only actually record it once or twice a month and then look at the overall trend.

Please don't get stressed about this. Give it a day or two and I'm sure those couple of pounds will have gone x

I record my weight once a week and have two online graphs and one handwritten one with notes about visits to GP, fills, holidays etc. However I can't resist the scales and weigh myself every morning, every night, and several times in between, after a meal, after a wee, after exercise etc. I know it's a bit sad but it helps me keep on the straight and narrow. Daily fluctuations are usually caused by water balance within the body and not loss or gain of fat.
The only time I've put weight on was 2lb during the mushy stage just like you, but As I knew I wasn't cheating I was confident that my body would sort itself out and it did. Good luck.

Slaz I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed by scales! And flutterby Thanku so much, u have made me feel so much better x x

I think the thing with the food groups is to bear in mind that people who have had the bypass have malabsorption issues so some of the stuff mentioned on the forums may be surgery specific.

I'm a terrible one for getting on the scales numerous times a day but only actually record it once or twice a month and then look at the overall trend.

Please don't get stressed about this. Give it a day or two and I'm sure those couple of pounds will have gone x

I agree ...this post is in the banders section and I know some banders are anti carb ... I am just not one of them :) definitely a different issue for bypassers though!

Big oh Nooooooo, I've been so bad. Am really struggling and am reverting back to bad habits - 3 glasses of wine tonight and half a cigarette (gave up smoking 2 years ago) the thing is I'm missing food and I don't know how to deal with it. I managed to eat half a jacket pot and 2 hash browns today. Nothing seems to be going down, nearly threw up in restaurant at legoland. I really understand why when u get the op on nhs they make u have counciling. I never ever thought I would miss eating naughty food this much, but I guess I've been doing for the best part of 30 years! It's so difficult, am I alone...do we all feel like this at some point? x

hey Janey, you can't undo 30 years of bad habits in 30 minutes, so don't be too harsh on yourself. Everyone is saying it is a learning curve and a balancing act.

I do agree about the need to find other coping mechanisms - maybe your provider or dietician can help with some of that? even though you paid for the op, the nhs might be able to find some counselling for you?

one thing I do know is you are not alone and the forum is here to help you ... we are here, so use us!

big big big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey Janey, you can't undo 30 years of bad habits in 30 minutes, so don't be too harsh on yourself. Everyone is saying it is a learning curve and a balancing act.

I do agree about the need to find other coping mechanisms - maybe your provider or dietician can help with some of that? even though you paid for the op, the nhs might be able to find some counselling for you?

one thing I do know is you are not alone and the forum is here to help you ... we are here, so use us!

big big big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thankyou so much, am feeling much better today (Yest post was written whilst drinking) Have decided to wait 4 weeks until my next fill, I feel a little overwhelmed by the 2 weeks my provider suggests....as soon as my body can start eating nice normal healthy foods its time for another fill! Need to feel 'normal' again for a bit....bored of o/h saying let's go for a meal...oh no we can't can we! Am off out for a power walk with the dog now :) thanks again x x

Yuck Yuck Yuck! Just had my first pb incident, in the car at service station....was eating some fishfingers, defo ate them way to quick. I never ever want to feel like that again, lesson learnt! x

sometimes the only way we learn is when something like that happens ... at least you now know how to avoid that situation! I did contemplate leaving a takeaway curry to go mouldy as aversion training, but I didn't think I would be able to look at it for more than 40 minutes before I ate it! the principle is sound though!
hope you are feeling better now xxx

When I booked my op the consultant I met warned me about pb-ing. She also told me that I WOULD do it at some point. I just hope that, like you, I learn my lesson first time!
Hope you recover soon x

Sorry if silly question - what's PB?

Productive burping....its gross. If u eat too quickly food won't go down ~ could feel it stick and after a couple of minutes I knew it was gonna come back up....but its not sick, its literally the food covered in loads of foamy spit (sorry if tmi, but I'm glad someone pre warned me so I could close my eyes! Lol) x

Oh - sounds yuk! Is it only banders get that?

I believe so, but not sure...don't quote me on that. Don't get me wrong Im sure many banders don't get it at all, just piggy ones like me that try to eat too quickly! Lol. I don't intend on ever letting it happen again! x

Chicken does it to me as does bread but not toast. I love both so do eat them but take tiny mouthfuls. It's def trial and error x

So I have a question for my fellow banders....how long after getting up is it before u eat? I have been having quite a few pb issues this week and I think maybe its because I'm eating too early. I'm a nightworker so I get up at 2pm and then have my dinner at 5pm, lunch at 1am and breakfast at 5am. My pb issues have all been with dinner, I'm not eating too quick or too much (not possible) I'm thinking now maybe its because I'm eating dinner only 3hrs after waking? Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated x x

Back