• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

:( oh no...

Quite often the lying down all night while sleeping makes the fluid in our bodies accumulate closer to the band making it feel tighter. As the day goes on and the fluid disperses towards our feet, the tightness loosens. I eat about an hour after getting up, but am definitely tighter in the mornings. Maybe eat your lighter meals earlier on in the day to reduce the risk of pb'ing?

most people struggle with breakfast or in your case dinner I don't know if there is an answer to it because its how its always been for me, but hope you figure it out.

I havent PB'd yet, but am tight in the morning, especially since my last fill (6.75ml in 10ml band). I find I have to get a glass of water down first, then I can eat breakfast slowly. Normally have breakfast at about 7am which is about 45 mins or an hour after I wake.

Saying that I tend to have yoghurt and raspberries or a handful of Special K on top. So breakfast is fairly slidy and usually about 200kcals

I have a light lunch of about 300kcals. Often a slice of ham or chicken, a couple of ryvita flatbreads and a generous helping of phili.

I find my band is loosest around 4pm to 7pm which is when I am most hungry and I have a snack about 4pm 200kcals (ish) and a dinner about 6.30pm up about 500kcals usually a portion about half the size of a ready meal with some broccoli or cooked veg and a Muller Light Greek Yoghurt

The one thing I struggle to eat is salad. I am fine with pretty much everything else, but raw peppers and lettuce are a problem. I chew and chew until there is only horrid fiberous stuff left which is hard to swallow.

I havent PB'd yet, but am tight in the morning, especially since my last fill (6.75ml in 10ml band). I find I have to get a glass of water down first, then I can eat breakfast slowly. Normally have breakfast at about 7am which is about 45 mins or an hour after I wake.

Saying that I tend to have yoghurt and raspberries or a handful of Special K on top. So breakfast is fairly slidy and usually about 200kcals

I have a light lunch of about 300kcals. Often a slice of ham or chicken, a couple of ryvita flatbreads and a generous helping of phili.

I find my band is loosest around 4pm to 7pm which is when I am most hungry and I have a snack about 4pm 200kcals (ish) and a dinner about 6.30pm up about 500kcals usually a portion about half the size of a ready meal with some broccoli or cooked veg and a Muller Light Greek Yoghurt

The one thing I struggle to eat is salad. I am fine with pretty much everything else, but raw peppers and lettuce are a problem. I chew and chew until there is only horrid fiberous stuff left which is hard to swallow.

Oh wow, u r so lucky....pb'ing seems to be a daily thing for me now! Took me 3hrs this morn to eat 3 segments of a satsuma. Think I just need to give up eating breakfast! U sound like u r doing so well summerband :) well done x x

Hi Janey,

I dunno to be honest...I think I am not PB'ing maybe because I am not eating enough texture?

I wouldnt dream of attempting a satsuma yet...I am imagining the skin of the segments yet well stuck and me gagging.

I still chew loads and loads. I think I need to eat more texture so as I feel fuller...right now I can feel ready to eat again within about an hour of a decent meal.

I wish my weight would keep falling...it feels sooo slow!

No wonder you are having good weight loss with all that PBing!

Oh wow, u r so lucky....pb'ing seems to be a daily thing for me now! Took me 3hrs this morn to eat 3 segments of a satsuma. Think I just need to give up eating breakfast! U sound like u r doing so well summerband :) well done x x

Satsuma can be a difficult thing to eat, but I do worry if you are pb'ing every day. Sounds to me like you may be too tight and that's not a good thing. Have you spoken to your provider? X

Yeah spoke to my provider, just told me to eat less and slower....did that Yest and it worked. I only have 5ml in band (2 fills). Think its me not being able to mentally get my head around eating less.....I will persevere x

Yeah spoke to my provider, just told me to eat less and slower....did that Yest and it worked. I only have 5ml in band (2 fills). Think its me not being able to mentally get my head around eating less.....I will persevere x

Morning

Getting our head around the volume of food we are eating is a big thing - I am struggling with it as well - just had my 3rd fill yesterday though so hoping that will help. Provider told me yesterday that I needed to slow down but not spend longer than 15 mins on a meal - that meant I was eating too slow, so not to fast, not too slow and make sure I chew 15 to 20 times each mouthful - lol - lunch time at work will be fun! :8855: As you have said - keep persevering - we will get there!

Justine x

Morning all :) do any of my fellow banders smoke? Not seen anyone mention smoking on here. I gave up 2 years ago, but for some strange messed up reason have started again. Am so disappointed with myself, I have done so well but tbh I think most of my weight went on when I gave up. It's almost like back then I replaced the fags with food and now I'm not eating as much I'm replacing food with fags! Can it damage my band in anyway? I don't want to be a smelly smoker but I can't help it, I'm enjoying it so much atm....ahhhh I can't win! x

Well my PB'ing has gradually got worse over the last few weeks, its a daily occurance now. Phoned my provider again and Flutterby they completely agree with you....Im too tight! Have been really stressed out at work recently and I just didn't realise how much it can affect my band. So small defill on Sunday all booked. I keep comparing myself to others on here (which I know I shouldn't)and I just thought 5mls is nothing surely I cant need a defill. Am so glad to have it booked now tho, have been eating approx 600cals a day (all I could physically eat) and some of that was coming back up, have been feeling weak and shaking a lot too. Feeling a lot more positive now I have spoke to them again, have also been advised to get some slimfasts in me. Am such a stubborn moo, was enjoying watching the scales go down and didn't want to admit I knew something was wrong! Doh! Listen to ur bodies people! x x :)

In a way janeybec u r so lucky to be hitting around the right zone so early on, there's a fine balance between wanting to loose weight and actually making yourself poorly being to tight.

As for the smoking, I can completely relate, it does help u keep slim, but obviously ain't worth it, I started again last year due to dieting but then gave up in feb this year, I enjoyed it, but it was getting out of hand, my day would resolve around my next cig, I would hide from my kids for a shady fag!!
So I woke one day and said "no more" had been smoking about 6 month at that point after havin been on the wagon 9 years!!
Now I only smoke when out drinking with friends and never ever buy them...

Could luck with both

Lou xx

Pleased you sought advice of the professionals, and pleased you sound so much happier. Take it easy x

Defill done...had 0.75ml out. So now only have 4.25ml in band, noticed a difference instantly. Gonna have to be really careful now tho and watch what I eat. Got a right telling off from my wls provider, apparently I was consuming far too few cals and my body was in starvation mode! Really not good, still job jobbed....will c how I get on x

Ditto :D x

Janey I just got .75 out today as well. Been struggling for a couple of weeks and also got a major telling off from my provider. Hope things settle down now for both of us x

Stress and band

I also found that if stressed my band tightens - also if I pb a lot!!

I have also noticed that different times of the month I have different restriction! The best way to describe it is.... If my rings on my fingers are tight my band is tighter too!!

Satsumas!!! God I have had my band for ages - never could eat those little rascals!!! The skin is a no no for me!!! I just suck the life out of them!!!:D

Reminds me of the song!! No body likes, everybody hates me, think I'll go and eat worms......... Bite all their heads off suck all their juice, throw their skins away!!!!........ Lol

Enjoy

I've never had a problem with satsumas or any fruit or veg. Only problem is chicken and bread. It's so weird how some things are ok for some an a no no for others?? x

Back