• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ok ok I know its normal . . . but!

It will work. We all have our doubts. Next you will worry about the weeks you stop, thinking is this it. Somehow it all works out fine. You just have to keep up with the food restrictions:)

Hi caren,

Your comment made me smile(this isn't going to work)
I've had a bypass and I thought just the same in the early days..9 stone lost later I think different!

I always knew it would work, but thought it would just work a little bit-maybe 4 , 5 stone if I was really lucky.
I've lost ten stone now and still going....
Chin up Caren, it will work xx

It will work. We all have our doubts. Next you will worry about the weeks you stop, thinking is this it. Somehow it all works out fine. You just have to keep up with the food restrictions:)
Thanks so much for all your positive comments ladies, i knew i was being silly, just needed to talk about it i guess. My daughter is so against my surgery that I cant possibly speak to her, thanks for always being here :) xxx

It will work and it works bloody well, you will be amazed at how much your appetite is reduced, worry not.

Kim

You know you can always turn to us its difficult sometimes whenour nearest and dearest who we really want to be there for us aren't. But never mind there is always listening ears here and voices of reason to keep you on the straight and narrow, we've all been there and no doubt about it will be there again. xx take care Caren xx

I keep thinking that this op isnt gonna work for me, that my mum has paid all this money and it will be a total waste!! gawd, what am i like? :rolleyes:

Yeh ... wot ARE you like :) a sensible, kind, lovely person who has sat back & watched so many people get their dream & OK there have been a few who have not made it work & another few who have had bad experiences ... BUT you will not be one of these :) you know what to do & how to do it .. you can quote chapter & verse on how to achieve your goal & you don't struggle to lose the weight, just to keep it off, sooooo why do you think you will fail? You won't cos I will be down that motorway like a flash if you struggle in any way, darlin :D:D It's just a little pre op wobble, sunshine :) we all have them :):) xxx

Yeh ... wot ARE you like :) a sensible, kind, lovely person who has sat back & watched so many people get their dream & OK there have been a few who have not made it work & another few who have had bad experiences ... BUT you will not be one of these :) you know what to do & how to do it .. you can quote chapter & verse on how to achieve your goal & you don't struggle to lose the weight, just to keep it off, sooooo why do you think you will fail? You won't cos I will be down that motorway like a flash if you struggle in any way, darlin :D:D It's just a little pre op wobble, sunshine :) we all have them :):) xxx
you're right my lovely lady, just a wobble, lol just need to work hard :) xxx

You just gotta keep your eye on the prize Caren. And now it's your time to shine. You have followed so many of us dutifully and never gave up hope :)

You just gotta keep your eye on the prize Caren. And now it's your time to shine. You have followed so many of us dutifully and never gave up hope :)
Thank you :)im ok now, just get this niggling thought now and again lol xxx

Was relieved to read your comments caremark coz am feeling the same, keep reading about people having fills and not getting restriction! Am due to have op on 30 June but wish it was sooner as I just wanna get on with it. Thanks to all the peeps who have reassured caren coz you've reassured me too ?

Was relieved to read your comments caremark coz am feeling the same, keep reading about people having fills and not getting restriction! Am due to have op on 30 June but wish it was sooner as I just wanna get on with it. Thanks to all the peeps who have reassured caren coz you've reassured me too ?
Glad to help Gaynor, good luck :) xxx

Thanks, when and where are you having your op, is it a band or bypass?
im having a sleeve in the czech republic honey, on 23rd May :) xxx

Oh good luck, I will keep my eyes peeled to see how you get on, not very good on using this site but will root you out somewhere xxx

im having a sleeve in the czech republic honey, on 23rd May :) xxx

Just in case anyone out there doesn't know :D:D ..... that is my MY BIRTHDAY so Caren can have all my good Karma to see her through it ... not that she will need any extra help with all the good Karma she has built up by being herself :eek::eek: xxx

Oh good luck, I will keep my eyes peeled to see how you get on, not very good on using this site but will root you out somewhere xxx
Thanks Gaynor, im sure you wont be able tomiss me lol xxx

Just in case anyone out there doesn't know :D:D ..... that is my MY BIRTHDAY so Caren can have all my good Karma to see her through it ... not that she will need any extra help with all the good Karma she has built up by being herself :eek::eek: xxx
yesssss its my little northern besties birthday, all good that day :D xxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:

That's defo true! Like attracts like, so Caren will have an amazing time : D

I am 5 weeks post op and still am convinced my bypass doesn't work and won't work lol. So I think your fears are normal. The 30 diets we did that didn't work leave us with these thoughts.

When we are skinny, we will laugh at these worries :D

Caren: you have waited longer than most of us, have had such disappointment and such hope, and have never lost your positive attitude. You have been a source of such admiration. I think it's perfectly OK to have an almost last minute attack of the collywobbles. Don't try and fight it, but at the same time; don't get depressed by it; it's normal. And your sleeve WILL work. You'll see. You're not the type to purée Mars bars and cream cakes; you'll work with the wonderful tool given to you; the amazing reduced capacity, the taking away of hunger...OK so you'll get some indigestion and even pain on eating some foods till everything settles down and you learn what you can tolerate and what you can't, but it's all part of the process and it won't stop the sleeve working. Yes you'll have stalls like I did and probably come on here and say "I haven't lost any weight for two weeks!! It's all going horribly wrong!" but you've read enough posts exactly like that one to know that stalls are a normal part of the process, and the weight will start shifting again in due time.

You will be FINE, and I am just so, so happy that you are finally getting your dream.

Caren: you have waited longer than most of us, have had such disappointment and such hope, and have never lost your positive attitude. You have been a source of such admiration. I think it's perfectly OK to have an almost last minute attack of the collywobbles. Don't try and fight it, but at the same time; don't get depressed by it; it's normal. And your sleeve WILL work. You'll see. You're not the type to purée Mars bars and cream cakes; you'll work with the wonderful tool given to you; the amazing reduced capacity, the taking away of hunger...OK so you'll get some indigestion and even pain on eating some foods till everything settles down and you learn what you can tolerate and what you can't, but it's all part of the process and it won't stop the sleeve working. Yes you'll have stalls like I did and probably come on here and say "I haven't lost any weight for two weeks!! It's all going horribly wrong!" but you've read enough posts exactly like that one to know that stalls are a normal part of the process, and the weight will start shifting again in due time.

You will be FINE, and I am just so, so happy that you are finally getting your dream.
thank you so much Ruthie :) I know that everything you have said is true, funny how things change, its usually me reassuring people lol thanks for being so happy for me, really appreciate it :) xxx

Back