• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Omg omg just had my hospital letter appointment is 2moro morning!!!

hope2bthina

Hi all, not been on for a few months.....i have been trying to wait very patiently for my 1st appointment. Letter arrived an hour ago and it's to see Dr Taheri 2moro at 11am. So happy..but now having a panic that i wont be big enough! :(.when my gp sent the letter off i was about 18.10 have been dieting and am now about 17.10..which is still very over weight should be about 10.6...am diabetic as well so fingers crossed.

Anyway just wanted any advice on what i should say..i will be totally truthful about my eating habits..but any good comments i can make? what should i ask? mind is on a blank!

I wont sleep 2nite now shall have to dig out a good book!.

Thanks
kelly xx

Yay, brilliant news. I think you are right to be totally honest about your eating. I had to go private, so my questions were more about the op itself. I guess it might be good to explain why you want the op, what diffence it will make to your life, both physically and mentally. How it might improve your diabetes, how determined you are to lose weight.HTH.

Hi all, not been on for a few months.....i have been trying to wait very patiently for my 1st appointment. Letter arrived an hour ago and it's to see Dr Taheri 2moro at 11am. So happy..but now having a panic that i wont be big enough! :(.when my gp sent the letter off i was about 18.10 have been dieting and am now about 17.10..which is still very over weight should be about 10.6...am diabetic as well so fingers crossed.

Anyway just wanted any advice on what i should say..i will be totally truthful about my eating habits..but any good comments i can make? what should i ask? mind is on a blank!

I wont sleep 2nite now shall have to dig out a good book!.

Thanks
kelly xx

Are you with the NHS Kelly at Heartlands hospital? Strange they are now seeing people on a Saturday if so. Adrian did say the volume of Biatric surgery has gone through the roof.

I had to see Dr Taheri as well and he sent me for weight management for 6 months to prove that I could lose weight. I had to lose 2 stone for him before he would refer me on to surgery.

If you have attended a slimming club then take your slim cards with you, even from the past. He will want to know what you have done to lose weight in the past.

Good luck for tomorrow and keep us all updated. x

Hiya it is at heartlands, the letter said the appointment had changed from the 13th to 2moro,i wasn't even aware i had an appointment on the 13th so i'd of missed that so i was really lucky it got changed.

I did think about taking my cards i have loads from all different clubs from over the years... and my current card!. Hoping he wont make me lose 2 stone as i have already lost 1 since i have been referred.

Thank you for the replies, i will post back 2moro how i get on. Any more advice welcome :D xxx

Waiting patiently to see how you got on! Fingers crossed x

Good Luck for tomorrow

Back