• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Matra

Hi Folks, just thinking about the first couple of weeks post op.

I have tried a couple of protein shakes with little success, it's been a case of holding my nose and downing in one :sign0137:

Has anyone tried ONE protein Water mixed berry? The stats seem quite good........

Per 500ml bottle:
Energy: 174.0Kcal
Energy: 740KJ
Protein: 40.0g
Carbohydrates: 2.0g
(of which Sugars): nil
Fat: nil
Fibre: nil
Sodium: 361.5mg

Thank-you
X

I agree a bit pricey but 1 a day for the clear liquid diet bit only would be ok, let's face it I won't be spending any money on chocolate, cakes and well food in general for a few weeks..........lol.

Yes. I have three in my fridge. They taste like poop with a chemical after taste. Absolutely awful. However, if you can get it down they are really filling. I have been mixing it with water and it makes it a bit easier to swallow.

Damn, I knew there'd be a drawback. If they taste awful I'll stick with the shakes - not as high in protein but cheaper and I don't mind the taste.

They taste like poop

Haha love it!

Yet I'm still intrigued, I'll perhaps see if I an get my hands on a bottle to try. Neisie, do you think the flavour would be improved any with a dash of SF cordial?

Haha love it! Yet I'm still intrigued, I'll perhaps see if I an get my hands on a bottle to try. Neisie, do you think the flavour would be improved any with a dash of SF cordial?

Hmmm. Might help. They're kinda over-flavored in that chemical kind of way. I bought them while out one day, forgot my shake, was starving and didn't want to be bad. The first few sips were alright, but they just taste weird. I just called to my hubby and asked him how he'd describe them, his answer: "Ewww, I'd say they taste like s*@t." That being said, we both drink them when short on time. If you don't think about it it's ok. I pay about £4 a piece for them here.

Wow £4, that's a lot but I think I will give them a go, I'm not keen on the consistency of the shakes x

Wow £4, that's a lot but I think I will give them a go, I'm not keen on the consistency of the shakes x

We pay more for everything out here. There'll be a label on a 3 pack of M&S undies that says £8 and we pay £15. Petrol and (oddly enough) cucumbers are the only "money savers" in Dubai. Lettuce is £7!

£7 for a lettuce - Good gawd. They don't try and help those wanting to be healthy eh! I think cucumbers would get a bit boring after a wee while..

Everything is imported in. There's lettuce from Iran but it always has lots of bugs in it. So, we do salad without lettuce in this house. You adjust to new things. £7 lettuce is something I could never adjust to!

They do taste awful, I had a rhubarb one too, but I couldn't drink them without being watered down. ugh! lol

Hi can anyone recommend a good protein shake that's nice to taste as I've just had sleeve and want some protein only 10 days post op and need some protein but haven't a clue where to look or what for pleas help xx

Thanks everyone, pretty sure it's gonna taste like pants but I have ordered the mixed berry one to try, I have also ordered a couple of samples of myprotein whey chocolate & strawberry so can give them a go.

Sorry baby goose, only tried a couple so far, slim fast and asda's own brand and I thought both were yuck. Hope you are doing fine post op x

the my protien ready made shakes are lovely straight out the fridge. my gym sells them for £2 each in a vending machine

I use MyProtein shakes since op. Most of them are not bad, it depends on the flavour. Chocolate Mint is my favourite with banana and smooth chocolate. I mix them with ss milk or with sf almond milk.
I also buy the unflavoured powder so I can add it to savoury meals too.
I've learned to mix hot protein chocolate to drink and it's a real treat!

Back